1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A reason to vote for Obama this year

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Correct. If the US decides that it needs to attack then I assume it is going to do it. Get it out of the way quickly rather than let it drag on and on and on and on. That's no good for EITHER side.

Bushranger, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see. So the fact Obama has presided over three of our 10 years in Afghanistan must really grate on you. Whats your excuse for that? Somehow, I'm certain you'l find a way to make Obama's actions in that prolonged engagement just and right, while Bush's to you were wrong and evil.

At some point, I think you should just be honest with yourself and admit that you don't care what Obama does, because you are going to give him a pass. He could put children in re-education camps, or sell guns to cartels to use on american citizens. It won't matter. Its all explainable. Its all justifiable. Its all somehow better by comparison.

Obamanation, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  3. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Not at all. Seeing Bush decided n invasion that caused an awful lot of upheaval. To assume Obama would just leave, leaving behind a much bigger shithole than it was it takes time to sort out Bush's mess. I get that and i'm sure you do too.

Because they were. Hindsight tells you he should never have gone for a ground invasion, even though the experts told him that before it happened.

If you can't tell I gave him a pass by the number of threads I've started giving Obama his due then I don't know how to tell you. How about, "I give Obama a pass".

I don't know if it's because us allies let more cameras in or what but I've seen more Americans that I believe to be dangerous to the USA than I've seen Afghanis or Iraqis. If Obama deems some Americans are very very dangerous to the USA I get that, and agree.

Sure, he stuffed up a few things but he's got more ticks than crosses imho.

Bushranger, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  4. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Bushie, the preemptive excuse for targeting Americans was AWESOME. It illustrates my point well. You give him a pass for the same reason you remain a Rudd loyalist when the rest of your country has clearly abandoned him. It is extreme partisanship, a state much akin to blindness. Of course this is what I stated in my last post, but thanks for driving the point home for me.

In that spirit, bring on Marshall law if the Republicans look like they might win. We cant hand the controls back over to those maniacs. It must be prevented by any means!

Obamanation, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  5. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Once again you display your ignorance. How do you assume Australians "abandoned" Rudd when it was up to 72 politicians to decide his worthiness to be their boss? Aussies recently rediscovered we vote in a political party and not its leader. We voted for Rudd/Labor in 2007. The right-wing faction of the Labor party then took out the leader and replaced him with someone more sympathetic to their agenda.

When the new leader was put to election nobody voted the party in. We got a hung parliament. Labor had to negotiate with independents to keep power as Aussies didn't want them back, given their penchant for switching/knifing leaders we liked. Now that we know Rudd will sit on the backbench biding his time, we will put up with Gillard, see how she performs and make our decision on her performance at the next election in 2013.

Australians have not had a chance to 'abandon' Rudd so your statement is obviously false. Nothing new there I guess.

Bushranger, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Of course they have. Rudd just lost again. The PM only holds his/her seat by means of popular support, which Rudd clearly doesn't have. We'll see how the next year or two go, but had Rudd obtained PM, I think there would have been a reasonable short term opportunity for PM Abbott to come to power. Of course me explaining the facts will not impact your opinion in the slightest, so by all means, carry on.

7. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    LoL, you do have a thick head don't you?

The PM only holds his/her seat by means of popular support of the 104 ministers. The feelings of the 25 million citizens play no part. If your scenario was slightly true Rudd, who won poll after poll after poll would be the current PM.

8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Born that way :D.

Of course their feelings play a part. Its not direct democracy, of course, but if ousting Rudd from the PM's seat would cost any of those minister's their elected seat, you would see Rudd sitting as PM.

Btw, I'd love to see these polls, assuming they are not your usual BS non-scientific web polls.

9. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, remember when Liberals were outraged at Bush because of the Patriot Act?

Why aren't they outraged at Obama for the same reason? After all, it's the same Patriot Act.

Corwin, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  10. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    They're everywhere

Because, as usual, it was the Republicans who overwhelmingy voted to keep it going, as Rebecca pointed out elsewhere.

11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    While the media whines on about the Republican presidential field, the real action is going on in the Congressional primaries. Last night, another incumbent RINO lost her primary to the Tea Party.

Looks like real change is coming to Washington, whether Obama wins or not. The Senate race will be where the real action is at on election day this Nov.

Meanwhile, in another district, leftist lunatic Dennis Kucinich lost his primary battle. His replacement will face Joe the Plumber in the general election. If the Democrats lose to Joe, a guy who's sole claim to fame was asking the president a candid and uncomfortable question, I'd say they seriously need to rethink their strategy, or better still, their fiscal policies.

Obamanation, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bullshit. BULL-SHIT Total Bullshit. Liar. You are LYING.

Patriot Act Extension Signed By Obama 27-May-2011
    Minutes before a midnight deadline, President Barack Obama signed into law a four-year extension of post-Sept. 11 powers to search records and conduct roving wiretaps in pursuit of terrorists....
    "It's an important tool for us to continue dealing with an ongoing terrorist threat" Obama said
    Congress bumped up against the deadline mainly because of the stubborn resistance from a single senator, Republican freshman Rand Paul of Kentucky, who saw the terrorist-hunting powers as an abuse of privacy rights. Paul held up the final vote for several days while he demanded a chance to change the bill to diminish the government's ability to monitor individual actions.

"When the clock strikes midnight tomorrow, we would be giving terrorists the opportunity to plot attacks against our country, undetected," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (a DEMOCRAT) said on the Senate floor Wednesday. In unusually personal criticism of a fellow senator, he warned that Paul, by blocking swift passage of the bill, "is threatening to take away the best tools we have for stopping them."

Go ahead, Bushie, lie again. Go ahead, lie again. Lie for us some more.

Look, you see Democratic President Obama and Democratic Senate Majority leader Harry Reid cheerleading for extending the Patriot Act, and only one lone REPUBLICAN voice is against it.

Bushie, you are a liar.

Here's another one a liar like you will like:
    Obama seeks longer PATRIOT Act extension than Republicans

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    Corwin, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  13. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seqqa, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  14. mrgilb

mrgilb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ron Paul is the only one different than any other Republican compared to Obama.

mrgilb, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you're finished with the emotional outburst, you might want to actually check out who voted to extend the Patriot act.

House Vote 376 - To Extend Provisions of the Patriot Act
    U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 112th Congress - 1st Session

Rebecca, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  16. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    LoL. What can I say? I wonder if someone who fights the truth is man enough to apologise? :)

Bushranger, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I do think Corwin owes you an apology. :)

Rebecca, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  18. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Thanks Rebecca, but I won't be holding my breath for it. :)

Bushranger, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Never apologize! Its a sign of weakness!

Obamanation, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  20. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Corwin wears Red Jeans !
    Popo wears Blue Jeans !
    :D
    Your learning Anthony Dinozzo ! ;)

The AP poll has Obama’s approval rating hitting 60 percent! And 53 percent say he deserves to be reelected!

popotalk, Mar 8, 2012 IP