1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A reason to vote for Obama this year

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Feb 26, 2012.

In 2008, the nation and the world was so filled with hope as we proudly elected the man to office. Even the Nobel Prize committee was overwhelmed with emotion as they gave the man a Nobel peace prize prior to seeing the results of his presidency. To many liberals like myself, we were horrified when the most open and transparent president in history turned out to be, for all intents and purposes, George W. Bush's third term.

Guantanamo bay? Still open

Military tribunals? In full swing

Patriot act? Extended and "strengthened"

Health Care Reform? A bill that does nothing but increase the premiums paid to private insurance companies

Wall Street Reform? Not a single bailed out "Too big to fail" company has been broken up into a several "small enough to fail" companies.

In fact, when you consider that Bush was a chastised and changed man toward the end of his second term, working hard at winding down overseas engagements and focusing on domestic policy, Obama looks quite a bit like a new, re-energized Bush, expanding military operations abroad, targeting us citizens for assasination, running his campaign with SuperPac money, and exponentially increasing the federal budget, and therefore the deficit and debt which he declared to be "Unpatriotic" when Bush was in office.

If you are a staunch liberal like I am, you are probably feeling pretty down about Obama right now, so I created this thread to highlight an area where Obama has been absolutely true to the cause. Oil and Gas!

Right now in California, Gas is about $4.30 a gallon. Now before you start saying that is another bad thing Obama may be responsible for, consider this. WIthout higher gas prices, the pace at which private and public investment money would be made available for alternative energy would be much slower, possibly causing the world to die from global warming before new energy ever becomes a reality.

In 2008, Steven Chu, Obama's future secretary of energy made this necessity and future policy clear when he said, "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe."

Now admittedly, Domestic oil production has gone up slightly under Obama, but that isn't his fault. First off, much of the new oil we are seeing produced in America is coming from private and state land like N. Dakota, which is outside the scope of the federal permitting process. Secondly, it takes 7 years from the date a federal permit is issued to the date new oil from that permit hits the market, so we are still in for 4 more years of the results of Bush's misguided policies.

To Obama's credit, on federal land, production is down 30 percent. Lease sales in Rocky Mountains on federal lands are down 70%. In five years from now we will finally see the persistant European style gas prices we need to make alternative energy a reality, and save the planet from global warming.

Also to Obama's credit, the massive deficit spending and printing of money have caused the dollar to plummet in value. As oil is priced in dollars, this has helped the price of gas to stay persistently high in spite of Bush's liberal issuance of drilling permits.

In other words, on this particular front, Obama is doing everything he can to live up to the hope and faith we put in him in 2008.

Say it with me now. Four more years!

Obamanation, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  2. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :p:)
    Another 4 more years for Obama - 27 votes total from the clan in Maryland - 43 in California - 4 in New York and 5 in New England.

popotalk, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  3. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With a certain level of recovery, more people being hired, unemployment finally dropping, really significant recovery in the midwest where the extremist position of letting the auto business crash and burn has been irrevocably shown to be a failed concept...by virtue of significant hires and across the board profits from all three American auto businesses...

Its interesting, while the horrible recession that developed and erupted during the Extremist Right Wing GOP years destroyed between $16 and $19 trillion in consumer wealth and devastated the auto and manufacturing industries...the area of the nation that both had little to do with the extremes of the real estate/finance fiasco, and suffered the worst consequences of this extraordinary loss in consumer wealth...is rebounding better than many other sections of the nation. The auto industry is recovering and the manufacturing industries are hiring. The midwest is recovering faster than other parts of the nation: http://www.changinggears.info/2011/12/21/michigan-leads-midwests-unemployment-rate-drop/

now, with the above desperate efforts you are joining the extremist efforts at the craziest of concerns: Extremist Republicans want to invade the bedroom with all sorts of prohibitions on any kind of birth control.

But as for you O_Nation...I'm sure those high priced gas prices are cutting on your drives to secretive stripper themed GOP fundraisers for the Extremist Right Wing

You should move to Colorado where the best priced gas is close to $3.00/gallon

Maybe instead of concocting extremist positions you can go to work for a manufacturer and actually make something of value.

earlpearl, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Republicans are big whiners. They really need a real job.

popotalk, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Its really just a matter of staying on message.

Obamanation, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  6. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Republicans,

gal_meme_19.jpg

7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    The titling doesn't seem to match the photo. Seems as though it should say something like:

Butt Plugs

Anus Clinching Delight!

Obamanation, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  8. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think there will be any surprise this time, Obama will be re elected, because that's kind of what americans do, elect one republican for 2 terms, then a democrat for 2 terms, etc.. At least in recent decades it's about right.. I think it's normal since 4 years is a bit short, 8 years is starting to be long seeing the same faces in administration..

So I think it will be obama again, but in 2016 should be a republican.

JamesColin, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  9. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Saying that would make them more mad and cry like babies. LOL ! Lets sing Al Green !

[video=youtube;T-hDt2E8MoE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-hDt2E8MoE[/video]

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    President Obama sings Sweet Home Chicago:

[video=youtube;hhO1DnNKYbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhO1DnNKYbo[/video]

Rebecca, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like Obama really is entertainer in chief lol .

ApocalypseXL, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Singing is better than being thrown a shoe

[video=youtube;_RFH7C3vkK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFH7C3vkK4[/video]

popotalk, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Because these are the pressing issues facing America. Forget the deficit that threatens to turn us into Greece, we need a president who can sing, not a president who has pissed off some foreign national.

Obamanation, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  14. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    If ever anyone had a doubt about what exactly comprises the problem with a two party system need only look at this thread....... LOL

sunfyre7896, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  15. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    There's never wiggle room, it's always, "You're stupid." "No you're stupid, stupid"..... haha I've seen similar battles before.... They usually took place in the sandbox.

16. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Funny. Just read an article about that:

"They’re trying to convince the public that one side of politics is going to wreck the economy totally and vice versa - it’s just childish. I think we should able to do better. We don’t run other things like that, we don’t run major companies like that, we don’t run schools like that, we don’t run charity groups like that, so why do we run parliament like that?"

“Even when either side of politics does come up with a good idea, I’ve heard it numerous times over the past 20 years, people will say `shit, that’s not a bad idea. We can’t do it now of course because the other side came up with it first’.”

“If you go to anyone on either side of politics in the Federal Parliament and say, for the sake of Australia’s, what is the five year, 10 year plan to ensure that the standard of living doesn’t go down........ the normal answer is `**** that we’re just trying to win the next election’,”

Referred to Australian politics, obviously relevant.

boblord666, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  17. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see the parallels, and I do mean parallels. I'd like for there to be at least another party or two that were actually viable and not just a throw away vote. Having more parties reflects more of the political spectrum and those that vote for it, rather than two parties vying for half each of the spectrum by telling voters what they want to hear rather than actually representing those views. You can't have an extreme rightist (for us, the bible thumper) pandering to moderates for their votes, because their views are NOT representative of both super conservatives AND moderates. It's just impossible to hold true to that.

The best case is to have at least a liberal party that comprises most of the middle to left wing, a conservative party that comprises middle conservatives over to the right wingers, and a moderate party (read:independent) that represents the needs of the moderates. You just can't lump everything into some binary system of | or O, right or wrong, black and white, stupid or stupid, stupid.

18. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's funny that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize, meanwhile he engaged in two more wars (that we know of).

Somebody really has to explain to me the difference between what what Bush did and Obama has done (Earl: Not what Obama SAID and Bush SAID).

As far as the recovery - it happened on it's own. No one has been able to draw a direct connection between anything Obama did and any improvements in the economy.

I don't want excuses from a President - I want RESULTS!

Corwin, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  19. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Troops on the ground, invasion.
    Iraq, 10 years.
    Libya 10 days.

Bush took over Afghanistan to get Osama.
    Obama sent 6 people to Pakistan - he got Osama.

Just a slight difference I guess.

Bushranger, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  20. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    So you really don't have a problem with the US bombing foreign nations, killing civilians, military tribunals, and targeting US citizens for assassination in undeclared wars crossing multiple countries around the world, so long as we do it quickly? Glad you could clarify that for us.

Btw, Afghanistan- 10 years, Iraq was 7ish.

Obamanation, Mar 5, 2012 IP