1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A quick question

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Solicitors Mortgages, Oct 26, 2004.

not sure where to post this thred.. as its chat i think

A mate just phoned me and has asked me to upload his new site...obviously i didnt tell him about sandbox theory....however ..he has asked me to get it ranked in the first pages of Goog and Yahwhoooo..which i am pretty sure i can do....how much should i charge for this? bearing in mind he's a mate.
    I havent done a FULL seo before for anyone else..only given away a few tips.
    His site is a travel agents so shouldnt be too hard...or should i just ask him for a % of the revenue increase on his business
    and he asked for my answer within the hour :eek:
    GEM

edit...and i dont know how many pages are involved yet..i guess about 40 or so??

Solicitors Mortgages, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It'd depend on how many key phrases he wants to be first page for. And what they are. If they're hard to achieve then it'll cost more time and effort, hence more money.

Getting number 1 for 'turkey travel agent stockport' will be easy, getting first page for 'travel agent' world wide will be a tad more interesting.

You can't just say 'yes, 200 quid' without looking into it.

Oh and see a thread called 'first page guaranteed' for pointers to do it the ethical way.

T0PS3O, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  3. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks TOPS30
    I only work the ethical way...is there another?
    "travel agent" would obviously be a sticky one
    the actual keywords arent important i know which ones to use..the question is i have no-idea at all...not even remotely,,how much people charge to opt sites.
    no worries if no-one can put a figure on it...i will have to pull numbers out of a hat

EDIT:you can PM me a figure if you dont want it known

4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    For a mate, I'd just cover the time spent on it. Charge whatever hourly rate you feel comfortable with and estimate the time it will take you.

Another approach would be to ask for a set fee per achieved first page relevant phrase. That way you could prolly earn more. Allternatively, estimate what a difference in sales it will make him and base your fee on that. He knows his conversion rate probably. Say 1 in 1000 hits. Use Overture to see the search count. Estimate traffic on that and estimate increase in sales. Then cut out your bit of the pie.

There's numerous ways to go about charging for SEO work.

That thread I told you will also help in communicating your ideas to him. He has to understand what can and can't be done else you might put your friendship on the line when things go wrong.

T0PS3O, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  5. Solicitors Mortgages

Best Answers:
    i just read that thread..its a good one an raises a lot of points..this is not for a company..its for a mate...i just thought if a seo charged eg£2K i would charge him 1K
    and if he gets on page 1 so be it..if page 2 or 3 no worries..cos its higher than he will EVER get it without paying someone...believe me ,he cant even turn the PC on !!
    but i reckon unproven, apart from the fact that my site is on p1, that i can get pretty close.
    appreciate your answer though...but your thread also has no mention of $$$$'s
    GEM

6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    No £££ mentioned because it's a guess. 40 pages, 1 easy KW. I'd charge him a crate of Budweiser.

400 Pages with 25 medium keywords and 2 hard ones... I'd ask to cover my hourly friend-rate plus a budget to acquire links.

T0PS3O, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  7. Solicitors Mortgages

Best Answers:
    hehe..cheers,
    i will have to play it by ear then and go have a lookie
    ...its all so illusive...hmmmmm

a case of bud?...i prefer a cup of tea with 2 sugars
    regards
    Gem

8. truelysam