1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A question to all website owners who earn revenue through affiliate programs

Discussion in 'Google' started by Deepika20, Apr 21, 2011.

Hello,

I am a newcomer here, and will be launching my own website soon

I have read frequently about revenue earned through ads by way of Cost Per Click and COST PER IMPRESSION.

I understand what CPC means.

But i have not understood what COST PER IMPRESSION means.

1. Please explain to me very simply what COST PER IMPRESSION means,

& how it works.....

2. What is more profitable to the website owner? Cost per Click OR Cost per impression?

Thanks..:confused::confused:

Deepika20, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  2. bd99

bd99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cost per impression is when you get paid for the number of times an ad appears on your site. It's not based on the number of clicks. Usually you will be paid a certain amount per 1000 impressions. These types of ads typically do not pay as well as the cpc ads do.

bd99, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  3. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Profitability typically depends on the nature of your traffic.

For example, if you've got high volume traffic that is ad blind, you'll probably be better off with a cpm deal than a cost per click deal.

But cpc, as bd above me has already mentioned, pays better simply because the advertiser is getting targetted traffic.

gr8liverpoolfan, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  4. vanessamae

vanessamae Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cost per 1000 impression means that you will get paid if you send them 1000 visits. I would prefer cost per action because they pay more.

vanessamae, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  5. SXI

SXI Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree CPA is much better, just sign up with some CPA network the money is better. just look on the forum for some good networks and sign up you should be accepted in 2 days, if you call them even faster. You can monetize your site with CPA and it's much better then CPI or CPC at least for my but everyone has their favorites.

SXI, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  6. kwheeles

kwheeles Peon

Best Answers:
    It's always better to have a click thru than an impression. At least there is a chance for a sale when they are on your site. All they do if they even see it, is see your ad on an impression.

kwheeles, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  7. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well get this definition from web..Cost per impression, often abbreviated to CPI or CPM for Cost per thousand impressions, is a phrase often used in online advertising and marketing related to web traffic. It is used for measuring the worth and cost of a specific e-marketing campaign

shuvo, Apr 28, 2011 IP