1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Question Regarding Conversion In Amazon Affiliate

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by hope2life, Feb 14, 2013.

Hi,
    I have an e-commerce site and my site mostly rank higher for long tale keywords which are name of the products. I receive 50-60 visitors every day from google from such keywords. I have around 1000 products pages and content is all unique. In past 14 days I received 750 visitors on my site out of which only 16%, that is near about 125 people went to amazon through my website. I generated only 4 sales out of these 125 visitors to amazon. So there is not much return I am getting as it costs money to get unique content from writers. Do you think this is normal conversion rate? How much you guys are making from amazon affiliate if your site has 1000 unique pages? Also will it be better to target keywords like "which product is best for muscle gain?" for google instead of the product name? Can conversation and traffic increase that way?
    Any of you promoting e-commerce site and getting better conversions?

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

hope2life, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The conversion rate depends on your niche and where you are getting visitors from. What kind of keywords are they using to find your site? Are you serving those keywords properly?

For example, if people are searching for "cheap lawn mowers" and finding your site.. but you only have the higher end models available then you are not serving the keywords properly. You will get high bounce rates and low conversions.

Also if your site doesn't look good, has poor content etc. then your visitors will bounce and be less likely to convert.

Some niches convert better than others so you can't compare conversion rates globally with other niches and situations.

freshdevelopment, Feb 15, 2013 IP
    MIYABI likes this.
  3. neoaffiliate

neoaffiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, in response to your question: "Also will it be better to target keywords like "which product is best for muscle gain?" for google instead of the product name" .

The two different types of keywords represent shoppers who are at different stages of the buying process. So, the easy answer to your question is "One is not necessarily better than the other". If I were you, I would attempt to target both types of shoppers.

1) "Which product is best for muscle gain" would be a great title for a post/page/article. In my content I would repeat the question, and then suggest a few products to the shopper (with affiliate links attached).

2) "Product name" This type of customer already knows what they want. I would present this customer with a product image / description. Make it easy for them to purchase the product.

Good luck with your site,
    Robert

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    neoaffiliate, Feb 19, 2013 IP
    nihangshah likes this.
  4. hope2life

hope2life Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, in response to your question: "Also will it be better to target keywords like "which product is best for muscle gain?" for google instead of the product name" .

The two different types of keywords represent shoppers who are at different stages of the buying process. So, the easy answer to your question is "One is not necessarily better than the other". If I were you, I would attempt to target both types of shoppers.

yes I provide good description and image of the product. But conversion is not there. I thought keywords like "which product is best for muscle gain" could give more conversion than product name. Or it would still be the same conversion with these kind of keywords as well.

hope2life, Feb 19, 2013 IP