1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A question on Google Analytics; it's about one particular confusion

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by tayiper, Jun 29, 2006.

OK, as first I must confess that many things about what exactly these various "sections" mean (like "Executive Overview", "Conversion Summary", "Marketing Summary", "Content Summary", "Site Overlay"); well, at least for Content Summary one I am pretty sure what it's all about. I guess that I'll need to study it a bit more thoroughly ...

Anyway, my question is about one of my sites, i.e. it's that for my http://ivan-tadej.atspace.com site-variant, I am getting "Waiting for Data - Check Status" note on the Google Analytics site. But when I click on "View Reports", there surely is some data gathered and displayed. So what does this mean ??

/EDIT: Oh well, I got the partial answer here: Google Analytics Tips (regarding the "Waiting for Data" note) by doing the search for Google+Analytics+Waiting+for+Data combination of words.

P.S. -- However, note that the particular site-variant linked above "behaves" somehow differently from the other/compare to the other http://tadej-ivan.50webs.com one (for which I get "Receiving Data"); for instance, I cannot connect to it through proxy server, then Google Search just doesn't want to work on it etc. I guess it's some specfic free-host related problem.

tayiper

tayiper, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  2. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, and I've also found this discussion on Google Groups: " Waiting for Data - Check Status".

It seems that this message/note/warning doesn't mean that the data is actually not gathered, as I suspected and mentioned in the above post ...

tayiper

tayiper, Jun 29, 2006 IP