1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A program that rewords articles automatically.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Chopster, Nov 30, 2005.

1. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dude..you have 2 sites in your signature about cheating at online games. It's in your character to be a cheat. Maybe the Karma gods smack you down. I think you have a warped sense of what is right and wrong. You are one of those people who can justify just about any action so that you don't feel like your doing something wrong. I feel bad for people like you.

RectangleMan, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  2. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    And as the thread devolves further into name-calling...
    <unsubscribe>

Mister Tut, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  3. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    Artikel bot sounds intressting.

Johnburk, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  4. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In that case, 90% of the work I did in school thus far has been plagiarised, along with my peers. That's the way we work for most lessons, we copy from books. I'm aware of other teaching methods but copying from books is still used alot, which, according to you is breaking the law unless you cite every single source you used for every single piece of work?

Does this apply to primary (elementary) school children too then? If they copy a definition from a dictionary to describe a word without citing the source, they're breaking a copyright law?

I'm genuinely interested, please don't think I'm being contentious!

Blitz, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  5. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No need to get personal.

I have sites about cheating at online games, I have sites about holidays in Turkey, and I have have sites about food recipes. Not all my websites reflect my character, being on a forum like this, I should think most mature people realise that.

I'm not responding to the other comments as I feel you've escalated this to a personal level. You've judged me soley from a few paragraphs and 2 of my websites.

Blitz, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  6. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    STOP!!!!....hammer time.

Chopster, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  7. jbw

jbw Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is that?

jbw, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  8. jbw

jbw Peon

Best Answers:

lol, right, that article was not about Ice & Bowie specifically. These cases got tried like 20 years ago though, and the samplers had to pay. The RIAA and such now have them as part of the standard royalties managment stuff they handle.

I don't know if he sampled in this specfic case since I never listened to it, but the orginal poster said he did, and if he did I would be willing to bet he paid.

If this particlar case was tried in court we should be able to find it.
    (seems it was not found this reference http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1414 ).
    I still would make a large bet he paid even more so then had he paid the standard licence fees in this case.

The main point stands that sampliers have to pay royalities and it is not fair use like was stated.

jbw, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  9. jbw

jbw Peon

Best Answers:
    Plagerism and copyright violation are two different things. One is passing off anothers work as your own, the other is the right to copying/reproducing/perform the work.

Firstly, text books are bought and sold with a certain implied use rights attached. Secondly much of the fair use does apply and was made to cover educational uses (by the teachers/students).

jbw, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  10. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    Sorry but I will take it personal. I spend 30 hours a week or more playing a game where I have to ban cheaters and jerks. Whether you cheat or not you definitely have cheats on your site. Do you think that the drug dealer that doesn't do any drugs is a good guy? Oh cmon...I have heard enough from you to decide on your character. And you don't have sites about cheating..you have sites with the cheats. You host the files for download. I wish valve would sue the crap out of you. I am pretty sure your downloads break laws.

pff

RectangleMan, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  11. therichniceguy

therichniceguy Guest

Best Answers:
    something you can do to reword articles that make sense is using Microsoft Word. If you right click on a word in your article, it gives you various synonyms for the word you are clicking on. I doubt there is a product out there that can automatically reword your article and keep it making sense consistantly, that would have to take human effort.

therichniceguy, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  12. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't care if you spend 30 hours a week playing a game.

I don't think comparing game cheats is on the same level as dealing drugs.

I didn't create the cheat site you write about - I simply purchased it, I don't see how you can judge my character from a site I purchased for business reasons (The average cheater met my target market for a product I released a few months ago, now the site is just ticking over quite a few dollars a day.)

I don't see why you keep posting to justify your original judgemental post.

You're pretty sure that game cheats break the law? Riiight, I suggest you take a rest from playing 30 hours of games a week.

Blitz, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  13. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Because, initially, I thought Vanilla Ice took David Bowie's sound track for Under Pressure without his permission. If Vanilla Ice is paying Bowie to use it, then that means David Bowie gave a lame ass rapper like Vanilla Ice the permission to use his music.

Chopster, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  14. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, you could always blame Freddie Mercury, since he's dead (and therefore unable to defend himself) and the song is by Bowie and Queen.:D

Mister Tut, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  15. jbw

jbw Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah... well he gave permission after the fact in a sense. They had a suit and settled out of court. Vanilla ice did just use it without permission. Now it is all standard RIAA royalities and such, so it is handled by the industry rates and not by the artists one on one.

jbw, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  16. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    Let me know when you get the letters from the legal department of Valve and Blizzard. They should be coming soon now that they are aware of you. I personally made the phone call to them.

Enjoy.

RectangleMan, Dec 8, 2005 IP
    Blitz likes this.
  17. chawlars

chawlars Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do not follow shortcuts. This approach would also not be healthy. Any ways, i know, so far available software have bugs
    immigrate canada

chawlars, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  18. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Damn I'm scared!

Blizzard are going to arrest me and send me to jail for offering game cheats. Please man, I'm sorry I made you eat your words, I'm sorry I made you look like the jackass you are, please, just tell Blizzard that I'm sorry!

Do your research.
    There's sites making many tens of millions offering services which break the Blizzard TOS. The market is expected to turnover is excess of $1 billion next year, and you're telling me *I* should be expecting legal letters? You've personally made a phone call? What makes this different from the hundreds of others who have about my site? The tens of thousands who've complained about similar sites? I suggest you get off your high horse, and stop trying to justify your original judgemental post. I guess the next post will say that your uncle works in Blizzard and he's sending the lawyer round to my house?

On top of that, Valve legal department is a shambles.
    Remember when Half Life 2 credit card fraud was going strong? I personally contacted Valve to offer them information. I emailed them, and private messaged a admin on the official boards. I had a complete list of everything. The codes, the applications, the people, and their addresses. I never got a reply, even after I emailed them several times later during the same week. Tell me why that was.

Blitz, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  19. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    Illegal does not mean criminal. There are civil penalties as well. Anything that is against a law is illegal. I don't mind getting the couple reds over this thread. It's something I am passionate about. This whole thread is about you skirting the law. You want to know about a script that will basically rip others works off and place them on your site but not trip a duplicate filter. It's been expressed to you from various people that it's illegal.

You think I was judging your character based only on those couple cheat sites. Well I am not. I am judging you on your actions which do include owning cheat sites that are illegal.

Your asking people here how you can rip them off.

RectangleMan, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  20. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Where did he ask how to rip people off?

Chopster, Dec 9, 2005 IP