1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A program that rewords articles automatically.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Chopster, Nov 30, 2005.

I heard once that there was a program out there that would take an article and automatically reword it...so that it still made sense.

For example, the program would find the word "great" and change it automatically to "excellent" or change the word "why" to "how come", and so on.

Something like this. Anyone know of a program that does this?

Chopster, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  2. FeedBucket

FeedBucket Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articlebot?

FeedBucket, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  3. jbw

jbw Peon

Best Answers:
    a one to one word subsitution would not be hard to write, but it would fail at times since words have different meanings in different context.

jbw, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  4. idolw

idolw Peon

Best Answers:
    we tried it once. it did not make sense.

idolw, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  5. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you are planning to steal a bunch of people's content and reword it to pass it off as your own for SEs.

GeorgeB., Dec 1, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blitz, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  7. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to those with the tip for articlebot. I'll check it out.

Yeah, that's true. However, I wouldn't mind going back and reviewing it to correct those grammatical errors.

Chopster, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  8. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL red rep? Are you serious?

Too bad you're a newb and your rep is only worth 1 point :D

GeorgeB., Dec 1, 2005 IP
    Dio and Blitz like this.
  9. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a good idea to me? Unless I'm missing some law or something? That's also exactly what you do when you're at school/college, rewrite and reword stuff out of books, and pass it off as your own. Where's the problem?

Blitz, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  10. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is you're making money off of it.

Those authors know their works will be used for that purpose and won't be copied in their entirety and be republished as someone elses.

If I write a book then you go and take my book, reword it, and sell it as your own I would NOT be ok with that.

GeorgeB., Dec 1, 2005 IP
  11. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, ok, I see your point.

But I'm still not sure if there's a law involved when rewording an article. I can see both sides, I don't need to do it for money, but if I could make $500/day by doing it (if it's perfectly legal), I wouldn't think twice.

Blitz, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  12. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, neither would I. I wouldn't just NOT be ok with it, I would be pissed.

As for my scenerio, I signed up for a service where an article writer provides 10 articles a day for $67/month with permission to edit his articles however I please. I am free to change the text, add to it, delete from it, list myself as the author. I can do whatever I want with them.

Here's the site:
    http://www.articlechief.com/

Chopster, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  13. jbw

jbw Peon

Best Answers:

The law is called Copyright law, and it would fall under the derivative works provisions of the law.

jbw, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  14. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Double Posted.

Blitz, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  15. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But does it still apply if I reworded the entire piece? I said only if it was legal though, didn't realise Copyright Law covered it. I think I read somewhere that I could use images from sites if I edited a large proportion of the original work, I thought the same would apply in this case?

[EDIT] Nice, thanks for the negative rep, all I did was ask some questions. Seems GeorgeB doesn't like people who don't share his opinion on an internet forum.

Blitz, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  16. jbw

jbw Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it still applies, read about derivative works. It applies to translations, edited works, works that build on other works, and definatly to simple transformations.

jbw, Dec 1, 2005 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.
  17. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, ok thanks. 'works that build on other works' is the one which applies I guess.

Blitz, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  18. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How is that working out? Seems kind of fishy to me...but maybe it's just me.:rolleyes:

MattEvers, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  19. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I didn't really sign up for the $67/month rate. I signed up when it was $30/month and got 300 articles from it. I have them archived and am wanting to change the wording.

The guy swears by it that he wrote them 100% on his own and that he limits them to 60 other people (which is the main reason I want the wording changed so that 60 other people don't have the same article I have).

Then when my month was ending, he said he was discontinuing it and requested to have me cancel (via paypal), so I did. I just checked his site out now for explaining my intention behind the question in this thread (people are giving me red just for asking it. LOL) and now I see he's charging $67/month. I think what happened is he felt he wasn't making enough for the effort, so he asked everyone to cancel so he could get new sign ups at the $67 rate.

In any case, I know he followed through with the month I ordered. Everyday, 10 new articles came in via email attachements. However, the quality of the articles weren't Grade A writing. They were informative and had good points, but they rarely went over 350 words and had typos here and there.

You get what you pay for, I guess. However, since I have permission to change and add to the articles, I can change the article to be Grade A writing and more presentable. So it works for me.

Considering the quality of the articles, I believe he wrote them on his own. Plus if you do the math and consider that he's giving that same article to 60 other people to use, it would work out to about $13/article, so it is would make sense for him to write the articles if he's getting that much for each one.

Chopster, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  20. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds perfectly legit to me.

Good luck with it.

GeorgeB., Dec 2, 2005 IP