1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A post for designers - please read

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by waiz86, Oct 25, 2010.

I have been in the designing field for 4years now, and I have seen a change or rather an infiltration for 5 dollar designers, that are destroying the market. Where that price seems to be attractive the work is not. And this is creating a mental change in buyers that 5 is an ideal price and when designers ask for 30-100 .. it seems a fortune.

For this reason, I am creating an e-book "Guidelines for buying a logo" for buyers to make them understand the importance of a logo and the right price range.

And I have decided to add a few designers name and listing in it in the end - note, only those designers who have a reputed portfolio and talent. The listing will be for a nominal fee ofcourse.

Those who are interested, please contact me -
    Also any sponsors who are interested to place their ads in it contact me.

The ebook will be given either on a small cost or freely distributed to the buyers, so that is why i m charging a small fee for listing (think of it as an ideal trusty advertisement mode)

Thank you

waiz86, Oct 25, 2010 IP
    LadySlipp3r likes this.
  2. LadySlipp3r

LadySlipp3r Peon

Best Answers:
    PM me the details and the fee cost.

Thanks.

LadySlipp3r, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  3. theausums

theausums Peon

Best Answers:
    i usually kick those clients who want cheap work, becuz at the end of the day they are loosers ;)
    work for gud clients only :)

theausums, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  4. waiz86

waiz86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @ Lady - just give me a day or two i will PM u, m on a meeting trip.

@ theasusums - we cant totally blame the clients too .. if the designers offer that price, they think it can be done for cheap. So we designers have to also raise our standards a bit

waiz86, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  5. hirensoni913

hirensoni913 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am totally agree with waize86. I think we developers and designers are only responsible for spoiling the market. One is a real estate which is always booming because sellers are keep on increasing the price where as our IT market is going down because we developers and designers keep on decreasing our rates.

hirensoni913, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  6. alex05

alex05 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with waiz86.... I really laugh a lot when i see topics on dp like "professional designer for 20$ " and when you take a look at their portfolio it's just rubbish seriously do not call yourself professional when you Are not.

alex05, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  7. theausums

theausums Peon

Best Answers:
    @waiz86 - yeah man, entirely agree with you ;)

theausums, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  8. secretja

secretja Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea. And I agree with you. ;)

secretja, Nov 1, 2010 IP