1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A page of content a day?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by barrow, Jan 29, 2005.

Hey everyone, I don't know what made me think of this but I remember flipping through the Oreilly Google Hacks book at the bookstore one time and it had a section called the 20 Steps to Adsense Success (or something along these lines). One of the steps was to add one page of content to your site everyday. I'm just wondering what everyone here does: one page of content a day, ten pages a day, one a week...

Does anyone set a rule for themselves, "I must create one page of unique content everyday!" I'm assuming that this really depends on the type of site you are running, but it seems to me that if you're adding a page of content a day your looking good. I'm just waiting for the responses that say you should be adding 50 pages of content a day.

Can't wait to hear what everyone does.

barrow, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  2. dentalplans

dentalplans Peon

Best Answers:
    That's sounds like a great idea! That keeps your site fresh and give Google and Yahoo an new page to rank when it comes back.

dentalplans, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  3. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    I work in spurts. I'll get dozens of pages done in a week then not accomplish much for the next month.

apart from keeping an eye on forums and my earnings, of course. :)

disgust, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I'm just glad I have an image site. All I need to do is upload 10 images with a small description and a new page is created. I build one page each day, and on Sundays I usually build about 10 pages.

fryman, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  5. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    I could code about two dozen pages in an 8 hour day, but I really lose patience after a while. I really don't have eight hours either, I'm a full time college student with a waning social and offline-financial agenda to keep alive....but every day I do work I usually take a couple hours and get three good pages rough-drafted.

david_sakh, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  6. Lindsay

Lindsay Guest

Best Answers:
    I participate in several forums related to my website's topic; when I post something helpful I copy and paste that over to a text file and then every month or so take those one to three paragraph responses, expand them and give them a introduction a nd conclusion, code them, and add them to my site.

It's a good way to add content while tricking myself into feeling like I'm working less than I am.

Lindsay, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  7. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    hehe good trick. sometimes my most thoughtful posts were at more philosophical forums scattered round the net. I have a natural tendency to use Kws in my writing these days too. :p

david_sakh, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  8. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For my commerce sites, I add new products 2-3 times/month. It is usually about 60-100 items each month I add, sometimes more sometimes less. I delete items at about the same rate, and add content pages as well, usually about 2-3/week as time allows. I also make new sections monthly as well for ideas and stuff like that and suggest a few products - I think getting multiple paths to pages is a good way to flatten a site.

I read on seochat (I think) that you should try to add 1 new page every day to your site, and get 1 link/day too. Seems like an acheivable goal for most sites. I tend to focus more on links, less on content some days. Other days its the other way around.

lorien1973, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  9. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    Yup. I do that, one page a day. On days where I made 2, I just keep 1 offline for the next day. After I started to use this system Engines crawl me daily, and new pages get indexed within 48 hours on the first page of search engines. Very nice.

Dirkjan, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  10. crafty

crafty Peon

Best Answers:
    Best advice I can give is to stay single.

I get accused of being a nerd if I am on the computer for more than 2 hours in a day ;)

Cheers

Tony

Power Linking

crafty, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  11. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have one main site that I try to update atleast with one fresh page per day - always linked right from the home page....

Like news and stuff like that.....

I definetly believe it's important - not only are you showing se's to come back daily - but it's a gret way to add content while keeping the home page fresh aswell....

clasione, Feb 4, 2005 IP