1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A new Online CSS Optimiser

Discussion in 'CSS' started by celalo, Sep 16, 2005.

http://www.cssoptimiser.com

Hi,
    First of all I apologize for occupying the forum, I do not intend to bother you and spend your time.
    The reason for my message is informing you about the "Online CSS Optimizer" that I built very recently. It is an online tool for "reducing the size of CSS files".
    There are number of online tools other than mine, I studied all of them, and my optimizer can optimize (reduce the size) more than those ones. I know my optimizer is not perfect; it is not perfect because it may not work with all CSS files even they are valid however, it is fairly good for most of the CSS files especially when they are not very complex. I am still working on it, it is not very stable yet but it does what it should do besides it reduces the sizes satisfactory in my opinion. There is no magic, I just code for what can be done manually and gain some interest from Adsense. If you are not uncomfortable with the advertisement I really like you to try the optimizer. Then maybe you may give the link of the optimizer or just inform the visitors of your site if you like. Feel free to reply this message.
    Best Regards

URL: http://www.cssoptimiser.com

celalo, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  2. maro

maro Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice tool but I hate the fact that it removes all lines and merges all the css in one line making it unreadable

maro, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  3. celalo

celalo Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems like a better solution would be to send your CSS through a build process that doesn't replace the source, but creates a seperate ready-to-upload compressed version. Then, when you need to revise your CSS you don't edit the compressed version that's out there, you edit the source and then rebuild it before uploading.

celalo, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  4. ThoughtProcess

ThoughtProcess Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree readability is much more important.

ThoughtProcess, Sep 16, 2005 IP