1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A new idea to make money from adsense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by raoteck, Dec 1, 2004.

1. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I never saw that post Fryman. Sorry about the misplaced blame then.

yfs1, Mar 23, 2005 IP
    fryman likes this.
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Great, because all this gang bitching is getting old around here and a member mentioned it in this thread, JackBurton I believe mentioned he was going to leave the forum because of this gang mentality.

It has to come to an end at some point, this attacking of other members, even if they are bad we should offer some sort of positive help of some kind.

anthonycea, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  3. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anarchy!!!!!!!!!

joeychgo, Mar 23, 2005 IP
    fryman likes this.
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    At some point Shawn will step in if new members are ganged up on and we need to be aware that new folks are exactly that, new, they need help because they don't KNOW what they are doing and many are very young like Josh (he knows what he is doing), you guys understand what I am getting at :eek:

Digital Point is here to help folks, not run them out on a Buckboard :cool:

5. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I know i got dinged for this once already - but seriously, comparing adsense cheaters to rapist and murders? that is quite silly and extreme.

wendydettmer, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  6. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AC,

Don't you think that when someone signs up here with the idea of fraud as the basis of their first post that they should be fair game?

The original poster of this thread has nothing in mind but stealing my AdWords dollars and I'll be damned if I am going to let him get away with that. Their group has 21 members, so that is 21 people illegally clicking ads and taking our money.

The gang mentality, I agree, is harsh but on this forum it is generally with the intent of goodness. Exposing crooks etc...

NewComputer, Mar 23, 2005 IP
    fryman likes this.
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with saying someone is doing wrong or is running a program that is defrauding Google and the advertisers.

They are right about this, but it is a reflection on Digital Point forums on the way we say these things to others that come on the forum to post.

NC, you seen what JackBurton said, I did not see this thread until today and I have been telling you guys the same thing for a couple weeks now.

8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Gang mantality :confused: What the hell is the thread starter doing with his 'gang'. Sorry I can show no mercy.

If Shawn took issue with any threads he would say so as I have seen him do (rarely) in the past. This forum is blessed with an emormious group of diversed members. If we were all the same nobody would be different.

If you wish to call it 'gang mantality' so be it. I would call it 'opened opinions without sensorship'...frankly that's what I enjoy about DP :)

Homer, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  9. keglius

keglius Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah... fraud... And adsense team will ban your account if you try to cheat on them. They aren't dumb.

keglius, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    OK Homer, but what do you say to members like JackBurton and those like him that will read this thread in the future who did nothing wrong, but read this thread and came to the conclusion that this forum is not the place for adult conversation and looked for another forum to post on because of the gang insulting of someone that was not even here for the last 3 months. :confused:

Does this do Digital Point forums any good :confused:

11. marktse

marktse Peon

Best Answers:
    I know you want a living, but you should not breakt the rules.

marktse, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  12. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AC,

If JB is going to let one thread make up his mind, then he is not the type of supporter DP wants. Everyone knows an educated decision (especially about a forum) would require more than one page worth of reading.

NewComputer, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    NC, this bashing has taken place in more than one thread here and it is time to put this stuff behind the forum because members are now attempting to promote this crap now.

See the thread Maverick started in this forum and you will see what I am talking about.

It is getting old and you will see that if you read Maverick's thread.

14. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me this is obviously a joke. I doubt that this person has even a website with adsense on it, or has anyone found out more about this?
    It could be also someone who tries to upsets members in this forum.

Arnie, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  15. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    I support anthony's opinions which I have gone through in my another thread!

maverick, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  16. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

AC if a member chooses to take offence from a comment made it is their parogotive to pack their bags and leave. It would not be my desired outcome for a value member that truely contributes to threads. On the other hand people, like this thread starter, will never receive any slack or mercy from me. I beleive they, too, have a place at DP...that is to get busted.

I think we need to keep on one side of this...we do not support AS cheaters and will rat the basterds out. There are forums that actually support Adsense cheats and are constantly devising ways to cheat...we're not one of them. There is no sitting on the fence with this one...your on one side or the other.

Now, I know you think that Google can police there own infractions. Did you know Google encourages reporting AdSense cheats? Did you know when you do they THANK YOU in writing and encourage to continue doing so?

As far as Jack Burton...I am sorry he feels this way :( . There may be more that feel like him. As you suggest this may not be the place for adult conversations...you can always NOT READ THEM or go to general chat and have an 'adult conversation'. This forum, like ALL forums, you can choose what you wish to read.

Imagine this... Let's pretend we sit on the other side of the fence. Oh ya this is a great cheating plan...Go here www.cheatingbasterd.com and click my ads twice, man and I'll do the same for you.

Nope, aint gonna happen here. Why? Because nobody likes a cheater unless you are one.

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Google also wants folks to report spam in the search index, when I did this repeatedly they removed my site from the index because it was their own spam that they had a vested interest and involvement with.

So you can believe whatever you wish, but if you take things too far many times you can hurt yourself playing the good guy Homer :eek:

One can also hurt the forum by playing Google cop and you have seen this first hand.

anthonycea, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  18. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

Point taken AC. Google just emailed me another thank you letter for spotting a cheater. I think I'm getting in good with these guys :p

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  19. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People don't seem to realize that somebody is paying for these advetisements - and if they're being clicked by "untargeted" eyes, they're not going to get any return on their investment. How long would it take for these advertisers to shut-down their campaigns? Once the campaigns are shut down, there's no more Adsense money to be made...

Is there a minimum age requirement for these programs? If so, maybe it should be raised.. Either that, or submit people to a 'common sense' test before accepting them into the program...

Sal Collaziano, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  20. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

I completely agree with your view. The age requirement is (I beleive) 18. However that will not stop some others that are not of age registering in a relative's name. We have seen it happen here already. It is sad because there is no second chance once your banned. Typically young people (under 18) are learning and often make mistakes then take corrective action. Here there is no second chance.

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP