1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A New Fully Modded phpBB Package.

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by Eliteboss, Apr 2, 2008.

There is a new quite extensive looking fully modded phpBB site just come on line.
    It is based around the latest phpBB2.0.23. The software looks really great with a huge list of up to date modifications and features. Worth a look at http://www.fullymoddedphpBB.com.

I shall give it a go, it is of course free anyway.

Eliteboss, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  2. BlueEew

BlueEew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically someone as taken the phpBB software and added their own modifications to make the software a lot better?

BlueEew, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  3. rockinaway

rockinaway Guest

Best Answers:
    Isn't that what the modded packages are supposed to be? There have been loads knocking about the internet.

I personally think they are a waste of time, and don't support them at all, they are just over played.

rockinaway, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  4. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah.. its only that.
    I still prefer phpbb3

Abhik, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  5. Eliteboss

Eliteboss Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not say they are a waste of time myself. If one is thought about and features added that are missing in the basic forum software, not gimmicks, then that is beneficial. A tremendous amount of work goes into some of them. A good one also gives you the opportunity to switch the features/mods off or on so you can choose your end configuration and as most peoples requirements are different then this is good.

The good ones are put together by people who know their coding inside out which is better than a do it yourself job. I am all for them especially the phpbb ones as the choice of mods is vast and you can load them up heavily with mods. Tried an SMF one once with only 5 mods and sent it to the recycle bin as there was a lot of code confliction which later reading the SMF site mod support is a very common issue as the individual modders just seem to do their own thing.

As for phpBB3 it has a long way to go with mods yet. They are still really being developed and not stable or proven. phpBB3 on its own is a good basic forum though.

Eliteboss, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  6. Starnova

Starnova Member

Best Answers:
    Well I am not sure about the modded ones quite yet. The one I had was not overdone just that I did not want some of the things it came with. So I uninstalled it and am going to use the phpbb 3.5 and use that and configure my own mods. There are alot of people online that are happy to help and point you to the right direction. Build it yourself and get what you want..just take your time and have fun with it

Starnova, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  7. Stephie

Stephie Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't advice someone to use a phpbb2 since it is vulnerable and able to be hacked

Stephie, Jun 23, 2009 IP