1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Must-See for Directory Submitters

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mystikmedia, Aug 10, 2006.

1. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, now I'm finally going to have to switch to Firefox! The extension looks like it will save me hours every week!

onlinedude, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  2. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    looks great.
    much better than any other software or addons ive seen
    im just using googles toolbar and a text file to copy and paste :D
    would save alot of time... much better than those automated programs..

munt, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  3. WebmasterWanabe

WebmasterWanabe Peon

Best Answers:
    That is very nice thanks great idea

WebmasterWanabe, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  4. Scot King

Scot King Peon

Best Answers:
    That's terrific! A little pricy though.

Scot

Scot King, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  5. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Scot. I personally think it's quite inexpensive considering exactly what it does for you. The amount of hours you save will be worth a lot more than $150 (not to mention the monotony it saves you from enduring).

For anyone that is contemplating automated submissions/software forget about it... Mystikmedia's plugin IS the sort of tool you should use, not automatic software. The reason his FF extension will be highly recommended by anyone that uses it, is that it still requires human input. You still have to manually navigate to categories and whilst the form is automatically filled you do have to confirm the entries.

I use a similar extension, and have done so since I started tracking directories and my results speak for themselves.

This is possibly the best submission extension, feature-wise, that I have seen. Forget the automatic software and use Mystikmedia's plugin instead, it's safer and you can rest assured that the submissions are done correctly.

silencer, Aug 11, 2006 IP
    mystikmedia and honey like this.
  6. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    I can be sort of old-fashioned in that I like my comfort-zone, and IE is in that zone. But I must say that I now have a reason to beat myself up for not making FireFox my default browser for all things.

This is by far one of the best tools I've seen anyone develop in a very long time; it's great not just for directory submitters but also for webmasters trying to do some self-service, economical promotion of their own sites in directories!

A simple green rep (besides the $150) just doesn't seem to convey my true pleasure and excitement about this awesome extension enough .... I hate doing submissions, but I hate paying for them even more, so this is a wonderful tool for a miser like me.

Very well done Chris. Congrats!

wrmineo, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  7. money_train

money_train Peon

Best Answers:
    tell me how different is this from maintaining a database in excel and using free roboform to fill forms after chosing the category of my choice.

Can this plug in fill the category field of my choice in the form?
    i could not understand this from the demo.

money_train

money_train, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  8. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, now I know one of your secrets, how you can spend money easily on directory submissions :). lol!!

BTW, you have a customer. Thanks Chris.

honey, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  9. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    It does not select the category. That's about the only thing a user needs to do. As for being different from RoboForm, once you have RoboForm setup and working just the way you want it, it is almost as good for the actual form filling. Of course, it does not have anything for management/records, directory storage, etc. in the integrated environment. RoboForm is a really good program. I have been a licensed user of it for a long time, and still use it for passwords and such. However, this extension was designed specifically for web directory submission. Therefore, it has all the fields relevant built-in, which RoboForm does not. So, all that has to be setup custom. Even once it is setup, the extension is still a bit more convenient and faster for this particular purpose, but not by much for that part.

mystikmedia, Aug 15, 2006 IP