1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A more or less theoretical question on clicking one's own ads

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by tayiper, May 7, 2006.

1. MrSupplier

MrSupplier Peon

Best Answers:
    You better spend time on writing some content and submitting it everywhere
    and it will return you some value, more or less monetary

MrSupplier, May 8, 2006 IP
  2. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's trolls is why I don't post my site here. ;)

NewToAllThis, May 8, 2006 IP
  3. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I was wondering.

Not that I'm flaming anyone, but why do the good people of DP really try to help, and discourage people people who are clearly dishonest from doing dishonest things? They are dishonest for a reason, let them get banned. :D

Some people are too good for their own good. ;)

IMHO: I've almost never heard anyone complain about getting banned for a REAL reason. So if you do something bad, odds are you aren't going to get banned. Just read past "I was banned" threads.

later,

tom

TommyD, May 8, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    The temptation to click on one's own ads, especially for noobs, is incredible. Heck, even when you tell them not to do it, most of them will still do it anyway. :D

jackburton2006, May 8, 2006 IP
  5. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never clicked on my own ads. But today I had to right click on an ad to get the URL so I could ad it to my adfilter list. I was sooo nervous! :D

NewToAllThis, May 8, 2006 IP
  6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you using Firefox? In I.E. you can just place your mouse pointer over the ad and the URL will show up in your lower left window.

jackburton2006, May 8, 2006 IP
  7. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am using FF. Thanks for the tip. :D

NewToAllThis, May 9, 2006 IP
  8. KingSEO

KingSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    What would they be complaining about? "I clicked my own ads and got banned, google is evil". That kind of reasoning doesnt hold.

KingSEO, May 9, 2006 IP
  9. Sara

Sara Guest

Best Answers:
    25 years ago, out of sheer curiosity and nothing else (being a curious kinda a gal), I bought and took home and read avidly the book "How to Commit the Perfect Murder ... In Theory".

Soon I found myself in the local cop shop, desk lamp glaring in my eyes, with bad cop tossing the thumbscrews from hand to hand and good cop pleading with me to fess all as he really couldn't hold bad cop back for much longer.

I really, really wish I'd never let curiosity get the better of me. ;) I don't even _want_ to know how to click my own ads and get away with it! LOL

Sara, May 9, 2006 IP
  10. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:

that is found out after 25 people asking what did they possible do, but the thread usually starts out:
    -----------------------------------
    thread start from OP: I got banned, I don't know why, I didn't do anything wrong, how can I get back in.

middle: 25 people ask if OP did anything wrong, a few try and help. OP always replies, "I did nothing wrong, G is evil."

Near End: OP admits he/she was just experimenting with a click for click exchange with other webmasters, posted several click requests in forums, and when things were slow, the OP would click many of his ads.

End: Fryman says "I told you so", after posting a 'Not this shit again image'.

OP: says he'll go to YPN next.

three months later, another boob restarts the thread and says something stupid like: "I heard G was evil, my friend did nothing and he too was banned"
    --------------------------

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else here? :rolleyes:

:p

TommyD, May 9, 2006 IP
  11. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agent47, May 9, 2006 IP
  12. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In addition to cookies IP/Hostname there are Geo-location of your IP address, Window Width, Window Height, Screen Resolution height and width, I won't go on as it would produce cheaters, but its much easier to earn bucket loads of money the right way then the wrong way.

profs77, May 9, 2006 IP
  13. KingSEO

KingSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will eat itself (http://www.gwei.org/index.php) has nice flowcharts for fraudsters wannabes that are lame/stupid/ignorant enough to not even be able to make those themselves.

Not that I encourage or endorse these practices, but the fact is, google isnt unbeatable. And the information is there if you want it.

KingSEO, May 9, 2006 IP
  14. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Uhhh, thank you sooo much for this tip; you know, I was just attempting to open a thread with question if something like this is possible with Firefox. No wI know, lol ...

P.S. -- However, note that I do know that particular extension for quite some time, it's just that I didn't know that it's possible to block stuff in such manner, i.e. "whole" domain-names, not just separate URLs/graphics ...

tayiper

tayiper, May 9, 2006 IP
  15. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    I almost had a seizure looking at that background. :p

NewToAllThis, May 9, 2006 IP
  16. KingSEO

KingSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    It's probably a project done by the same people that made the fake Bhopal-scandal press release, the vote auction-campaign in 2002. The Yes Men. My heroes.

KingSEO, May 10, 2006 IP
  17. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, since this thread is about such a controversal subject (obviously), let me end it by saying: thanks once more to all for your educative replies ...

P.S. -- But to address those folks that simply don't want to believe me: do you think that I am so stupid to cause my AdSense account termination (by clicking my own ads), or what ?? And even posting a thread about it on a public SEO and web-site promotion related forum ??

tayiper

tayiper, May 10, 2006 IP
  18. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you tayiper. :)

NewToAllThis, May 10, 2006 IP
  19. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Methinks the fellow doth protests too much. As I said, we've all thought about it at one point or another when we begin using Adsense (myself included). It's human nature to get something for nothing. If you say you've never thought about clicking on your own ads in the beginning, I call "Liar" on you.

jackburton2006, May 10, 2006 IP
  20. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't said that; with all my posts where I mentioned that I am not planning to do so (click on my own ads), I simply meant that this thread's purpose wasn't to gather information in "that direction", and yes, that I am in fact not planning to do that ...

tayiper

tayiper, May 10, 2006 IP