1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A million developers with a million servers - what can we achieve?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alwynbotha, Jul 31, 2018.

I investigated the forum categories here and determined this to be the one safest place to post this - this is just a general chat - to determine interest in this topic.

To prove my positive intents, I removed all my website links from this post.

I will answer all questions members have in this thread.

Hopefully soon some moderator will be convinced it in the best interest of one million developers to reveal my website domain name, so we can get started ... thanks

My new website has zero links from anyone ( is not indexed yet ) so no one can cut and paste text; and search to find my website. Unfortunately I am invisible.

I have no web presence anywhere so searching on my name will also bring zero search results.

Its up to you, members, to determine when domain name can be posted here.

- - -

Please read the whole post, and do not react to something in the first 3 sentences. The WHOLE overal spirit of my idea is what is open for discussion.

- - -

In 2017, Google's revenue amounted to 110 billion US dollars; say 120 / 12 months = 10 billion a month.

I believe the Google's $ 10 billion a month is better in the hands of 1 million developers. ( 1 million developers earn $ 10 000 each average ) What do you think? ( That is turnover; not profit )

There is absolutely NOTHING anyone can do once a million developers team up and do great things for the benefit of all. Ad driven income will vanish, exponential value adding developers will bloom and cover the Earth.

Google's 80 000 full-time employees * 20 years = 1,600,000 years collective work done. I am not impressed, sorry. Within 3 months 1000 currently available full time people will do such awesome work that it will be very clear to all ( as it is crystal clear to me right now ) that google search future is utterly dead with zero chance of ever being relevant again. Yes, seriously.

1 million dev. beginners doing good for 1 billion websites beat 80 000 multi PHDs at google structuring search for THEIR benefit of 110 billion US dollars. I aim to provide value, whereas they suck in dollars.

Do not misunderstand. Its not just google I have a 'problem' with. Its the whole structurally underlying Internet and ads money models that suck. Once you see the supreme beautiful vision I have your face will radiate utter bliss - people around you will get suntans !!!

Abundant awesome tech. salubriousnesses surrounds us, where is the global vision to interweave all that? My website starts on that path.

I just started a website .... domain name hidden here ... that focus on community petabyte size projects:

A million developers with a million servers gathering petabytes of data and making it available to one billion websites via apis and interactive websites.

Is this a world first: thinking a million developers should cooperate on several petabytes projects?

The first 2 projects are:

- a community search engine - Search engine developed by community of 10 000s of developers
    - a community link prospecting database - Link prospecting database crawled by community of 10 000s of developers

I would like to invite global developers to visit it and suggest THEIR own petabyte size projects.

a snippet extract from my website ::: a productivity enhancing, continually automated Internet ( 1000 teams of 1000 developers each working on their diverse, focussed projects that multiply the value added by all others: in parallel several complementary, interlocked hierarchies/API integrations deep )

... A million developers with a million servers ... YES, I will be posting in around 15 dev. forums max. Each post will be considered to determine where it fits within the most appropriate subforum on that forum. I will subscribe to my post at EACH of those forums and reply to comments posted at each forum. However after 50 replies at each forum I will stop visiting that forum. ALL visionary discussions should have ONE home = .... domain name hidden here ...

VERY important: I do not want to start another dev. forum with css/php/apache/freelance tech. support topics. My forum will focus exclusively on petabyte size projects. For ALL the tech. support I will very freely link to the many forums, to directly where support is available.

... A million developers with a million servers ... my 2 current projects have work for EVERY worthy developer on earth. I have another 9 slightly smaller sized projects. Plus once people read my articles even more API integration opportunities will pop up. My website only discuss the high level visionary stuff. ALL tech support will be via ALL existing forums.

One such project is for dev. forums to team up and join forces. Right now all just compete = horrendous duplication and waste. ... interwoven-dev-forums.com does not exist yet, but the seed is growing: value adding, complementary, interlocked API hierarchies of forum threads would be awesome cool. Can you see it too?

Right now ( 31 July 2018 at 9 am) my website is BRAND new: one member = me and around 15 posts done by me. Please make a forum reply there to let me know what you think. I stay in South Africa so realtime 2-way replies is not possible via time zone differences.

thanks

Alwyn Botha - founder of .... domain name hidden here ...
    Hartbeespoort - near Johannesburg
    South Africa

alwynbotha, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Beautifully written spam, congratulations. (I think)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  3. alwynbotha

alwynbotha Peon

Best Answers:
    I am leaving here, cannot find cancel button in profile area.

bye

alwynbotha, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There isn't one.
    bye

malky66, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Falalala falalala, hey hey hey, goodbye.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    still looks like selling to me.

The rules about selling and promotion are very clear, you don't need to convince a moderator

If you think that's all from search then you haven't done your homework.

so you're proposing a co-op?

not so good for the people who rely on adsense & PPC for income

Once again, they're not all working on search, they're not all developers

I have clients who pay but I personally pay nothing for the use of Gmail, google drive, google docs. You better be aiming to replicate that because if you take down Google I'd be seriously f'd off if I had to go back to Microsoft Office.
    I'm guessing you've never actually run a successful business with more than 100 employees, right?

Isn't that a bit counter intuitive - the role of a search engine is to provide the best results without manipulation so why would I trust a manipulator run by the search engine as they'd know that my links weren't organic.

Yep, we're going to give you our business ideas, sure.

Is the forum just for internal use? I get that it's necessary but you're making out it's a big deal and important when it's really just a given within any community, or have I missed something?

Worthy!
    oh my!
    Why do I get the feeling that those worthy developers would be volunteers

Why can't you chat to people via instant messaging from South Africa?

According to wikipedia you have a ton of countries in your timezone https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC+02:00
    • are developers from those countries of no interest to you?
    • have you never chatted to someone from a different timezone?
      it's totally possible and a normal part of my work day.

sarahk, Jul 31, 2018 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  7. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This communist mentality will never work for business.

Businesses like Google flourish and get rich because they develop produces people want to use. There is no way you can get 10 developers to work on ANYTHING with a team leader (CEO/Project Owner). A good example is some Apache projects and other open source projects.

Also Google doesn't have anything special, anyone can duplicate their system, it is how they do business that made a difference. Unless you come out with something better, you will exceed them.

Good luck on having 100 developers cooperating together, let alone a million of them. Also no one uses servers anymore, it is all about the cloud nowadays.

Barti1987, Aug 16, 2018 IP