1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A link to could not be found at the specified URL.

Discussion in 'Directories' started by thosecars82, May 11, 2011.

Hello
    I am trying to include a link with reciprocal in some directories. However, I am getting this error for a few directories when my reciprocal link is set in a particular page of my website:

A link to ... could not be found at the specified URL.

Can anyone tell me why even though the reciprocal link is already there some directories seem di not even to see the link?

It is weird because there is another page of my website that always work. That is to say, whenever I set a reciprocal link, the directories will not fail in recognizing this reciprocal link.

Why this could be happneing? That is to say, why a particular page of my website does not work for some directories to set up reciprocal links in contrast to another particular page of my website whose reciprocal links gets recognized almost always?

Second question: I have seen that when I set the reciprocal link at the bottom of a quite long page, then the directories will not recognized the reciprocal link and they will output the message

A link to ... could not be found at the specified URL.
    Is there anyway to fix this?

Third question:
    Let's say I'm just adding the reciprocal link to the top of the page to avoid the problem of my second question. What would happened to the reciprocal links that I already added to the top of this same page in the past? Those links might be quite far away from the top of the page if I added to many reciprocal links to the top of the page. Therefore, if the directories check the reciprocal links now and then, they might not find them. So, eventually,
    Might I be getting a links, that I set up successfully at some point in the past in some directory, removed from the directory just because the reciprocal link I set up in the past is too far away from the top of the page by now?

Thanks

thosecars82, May 11, 2011 IP