1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A hosted-BANS, but better. 100% Commissions

Discussion in 'eBay' started by purdue512, Dec 21, 2007.

1. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought this domain some time back on an ebay auction. It was pushed to my godaddy account where I just parked it till now. From what I can gather from Midphase is that they have to manually change Cname and A Records through support. It should be completed shortly.

squeezeplaycards, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  2. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very odd. Maybe it is the "parking" that causes that.. I have about 15 domains at GoDaddy and I can edit the CNames and A Records directly through their web interface. However, I know this has been a common problem. Please let us know what they say so I can add it to the knowledge base at http://Forum.compare4.us..

purdue512, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  3. WestWing999

WestWing999 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just finished joining up. I changed my CNAME as instructed to c4us.compare4.us using Hostgator Reseller Manager for the domain I registered. I will be starting my store when I hear back from my recent PM.

Mike

WestWing999, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  4. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mike. I see your account, but I can't find your domain. Can you post it here or PM it? I'll bring your store up REAL FAST...

Al

5. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PM more info please.

Tom Thumb, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  6. orange

orange Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally found some time to register for the forum but seems like there is no activation email coming. Can you mail it to me Al?

orange, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  7. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Yeah.. That seems to be the case, and it's killing me... I'll PM your password. Sorry about that. I WILL look at that this weekend.

Is the format of the forum messed up for anyone else? I use about 4 computers and it's messed up on only 1 of them... Thx

On it's way...

8. orange

orange Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx everythings working fine and looking good. ;) Nothing messed up.

orange, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  9. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Okay.. Thanks. I'm hoping it's just the wacky resolution on this one laptop in the office... If anyone else hits a problem with the layout in the forum, please let me know. I'm using an open-source BBPress template. I think it's still in beta, but it's the only one I could find with a search on the left side (which I think is important) and a theme reasonably close to Compare4.us for consistency. With all the activities underway for the upcoming launch, messing around with the BBPress php is the last thing I have time for...

I'm planning to start posting release notes on the forum as we get close to launch and thereafter...

10. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not able to log into my store or the forum tonight. Am I the only one?

squeezeplaycards, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  11. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Looking at the logs, don't see any problems on our end from around the time you posted. Are you in now?

purdue512, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  12. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    I was able to log in on a different computer. I am also back in this morning.

squeezeplaycards, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  13. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Great. Glad to hear it.. We are doing some infrastructure upgrades this weekend and next to get ready for launch. We're adding web servers and beefing up a few of the database servers, but we don't anticipate any down-time for any of this...

14. Badgesprop

Badgesprop Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you bring the CJ and Amazon products onto your store site?

I know you type in your category words and it fills in product, but how do you make your relationships with CJ business and then have it in your store?

Badgesprop, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  15. Badgesprop

Badgesprop Peon

Best Answers:
    Now, when it has bee stated to get your CJ pin and key, I just thought once you input this in your global settings any product that came up on you site you got paid for.

Went and got the pid and key and started looking around, you have to make a relationship with Ebay and different country Ebays individually. I don't believe that just having the pid and key gives you what you want (commissions for leads or sales)

Still don't understand how the places you make relationships with, get products on your store? The have the typical links for like on your blogs or web sites, you can't do that with store. Is this just what comes up and happens to be within the search?

Also, Al I can't seem to log in on our forum4.us site?

Some one in a earlier thread said, they heard a person running 30 stores was bringing 1K a month. I suppose once you have your store set up, but sounds like alot of work for only 1K.

16. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Confirmed: You only make money from advertisers whom you have relationships with. However, if you leave "CJ RESTRICT" to NO - you will show products from ALL advertisers, including those you don't have relationships with (i.e., won't make money from)... To maximize income, change CJ RESTRICT to YES in the GLOBAL SETTINGS page. However, you should also make a ton of applications in CJ.com...

There is a lengthy discussion of this issue here:

http://forum.compare4.us/topic.php?id=5&replies=4#post-5

I was just in the forum and it seemed fine.. Are you in now? I am doing some work trying to fix the broken PM functionality (well, it works, but it's ugly). Sorry if that caused your outage.

Could someone give me feedback / testing on changing the colors for your Niche Store under HEADER & COLORS? Please build your own Customer Color Theme and apply... I think this is going to be a popular feature given the number of requests for it, so I'd really like it to be bug-free.

17. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    I changed my color scheme up. I used a red and grey pattern. I would like to change the text in the header image to Black.

Also, I opened a support ticket because I can't add a spotlight. When I am logged in and click on Admin>Spotlight it then takes me to the spotlight page and shows a small text message of 'build a new entry' but it does not work.

18. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Al, I can now add a spotlight.

19. purdue512

Best Answers:
    No problem.

1) Good feedback on the search output in the support forum. I will work on that...

2) I noticed your images are not showing up... Something up there?

3) Your Home page categories are not balanced because number of Categories have no Sub-Categories... Categories don't currently show up unless there is at least 1 sub-category. I need to fix the Home Page for this scenario, but in the mean time, click through and delete the extras - your home page will look better..

Finally - Great to see you using the color theme feature!!! Very cool..

20. Badgesprop

Badgesprop Peon

Best Answers:
    Al, that is a great idea to be able to change the header, but is there a way just like squeezeplay asked to change the text color also?

I have applied for a ton of CJ relations and most tell you will have to wait for the company to approve you. Ebay seems to be working and the amazon products seem to be locking in on searches and using my store id.

On product search I am getting "no page found" alot, hit the back button and then the product is found.

CJ products don't seem to be coming up at all, example I have a relationship with Pacific Pillows and the only ones that come up are the ones from amazon and ebay, not the company? I understand to get affiliated with ebay so you can get there commissions, but what good do all the other ones if they don't come up. You can't put their links on your site.

Also, who admin/key on compare4, I see you there on admin, thought you were admin?

Still can't see how to really promote the store to get exposure for it. The SEO features you have built into the stores is great, with the auto articles and things.