1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Health Blog

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Vinicius, Mar 5, 2011.

Hi guys, I am a medicine student and I was thinking in create a blog about health at Blogger.com and put my adsense to make some profit.

It´s a good idea? Any one can help with some more ideas about it?

Thanks.

Vinicius, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  2. johnnypr

johnnypr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would rather promote affilaite offers then adsense, you're not going to make too much with adsense unless your getting 4 figure hits a day

johnnypr, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  3. ruletheworld

ruletheworld Peon

Best Answers:
    Go ahead and build the blog. Concentrate on traffic - there are a hundred ways to monetize it later: Adsense is just one of them. You will figure out the best method in due course of time. It is quality traffic in the end that you need. And yes, do be patient :)

ruletheworld, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  4. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    You have selected a great niche because it's on your field of interest. Just continue what you are planning. And try to focus on the latest health news for people to visit your blog more often.

ParentingCoachLisa, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Every noob on the block has a "Health" blog with adsense. I personally don't think that adsense is such a good way to monetize or that blogger is the best option for a serious blogger who wants to build a business.
    I'm not saying it can't work, but there is more to it than just plopping up a blog and putting some adsense on it.

If this is what you want to do, I suggest coming up with a plan on what you will offer that is different from the other 1000 health blogs out there, and how you will market, promote and gain readership.

hmansfield, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  6. Eniak

Eniak Peon

Best Answers:
    As others have said, it's probably not the best way to go about making money. However, if you stick it out and go through with it there's nothing stopping you from cashing in eventually.

Eniak, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  7. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    making a health blog is good, but don't choose blogger, make a self hosted blog with wordpress and start your health blog. This is the best advice I can give you.

rain21, Mar 14, 2011 IP