1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Guide To Making Money With A Video Blog

Discussion in 'General Business' started by thetafferboy83, Apr 17, 2007.

1. DJuse

DJuse Active Member

Best Answers:
    By the way, i want to mention also that AdBrite is now into the video business with an innovative method that i think that all of you who are in the videos blogs or have a video site should check at http://www.adbrite.com/video/

DJuse, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  2. BLaZeR

BLaZeR Peon

Best Answers:
    Sweet info mate.

BLaZeR, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  3. hmc

hmc Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for tutorial. Well written!

as for "Google Coop" -its a great tool, but its hard to link your adsense to this custom search engine. google support told me that they still in beta.

hmc, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  4. thetafferboy83

thetafferboy83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How did you have problems? You only have to full in 1 box! [​IMG]

thetafferboy83, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  5. thetafferboy83

Best Answers:
    I already get around that [​IMG]

6. quaffapint

quaffapint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice and thorough post - green for you :)

quaffapint, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  7. quaffapint

quaffapint Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am curious though - do people get pissed when you brand their videos and re-upload them?

quaffapint, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  8. thetafferboy83

Best Answers:
    Mostly, the videos don't belong to them anyway. Most of them are home videos that someone like ebaumsworld grabs and calls their own. So they aren't really "their" videos. Put it this way - been going for over a year now and never had 1 complaint.

9. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    exactly... altering videos without the permission of the copyright holder is a violation of copyright law... i doubt that any court is going to call it fair use.

not to mention the fact that the youtube tos specificially forbids you from using the videos on their website for commercial profit... that's probably true for all of the video sharing sites.

this thread is a good way to get your adsense account permanently banned, because you don't have copyright permissions to use the videos that you are posting to this blog that the o.p. wants you to create... the adsense tos spells it out pretty clearly.

people, there is no free lunch.

danimal, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  10. thetafferboy83

Best Answers:
    Well don't edit the videos if you feel that way. Just put your URL in descrip. It's not essential - it's still a sound plan. If YouTube didn't want you to spread the videos they wouldn't have an embed link [​IMG]

11. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    ****ing scammer... you are using this forum to generate traffic and p.r. for your blog, and you are telling people that it's o.k. to steal content.

the mods should delete this thread, and you should be banned from this forum.

this guy just lost his adsense account for doing the crap that you posted in this thread: "Disabled for posting tips for watching movies from sendspace, megaupload etc and sharing few videos from google and youtube"
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=302107

danimal, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  12. thetafferboy83

Best Answers:
    I'd be a bit suspicious of this as he said he didn't even get an e-mail, so I very much doubt it was that.

Generally, I don't think you're being really fair. YouTube videos are meant to be spread over various websites - if you don't want to modify them then that's fine. I don't see how linking to a YouTube video is "stealing" someone's content. Calling it "scamming" is way over the top - I think you have led a sheltered life if you think that's bad!

There are no links to my blog in the post, if I wanted traffic to my blog, I would have just posted a link to the article, but instead I reposted it here so you don't have to even look at my blog to get all the info. I removed the URL to my video site from the article as well, including the screen grab.

If you don't like the article, move on and don't flame me.

13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Important notes:
    • "this guy" is another user and not the original poster of this thread.
    • We don't know that "this guy" used the advice here or ran a site along these lines - we just have this
      but we don't know that he didn't have some crazy "thank me by cl..." message too

sarahk, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  14. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    ??? whatever point you are attempting to make there is not relevant to copyright law.

again, i'll attempt to translate that as best i can: you think that sweet_user is lying about why he lost his account? why would he do that?

it doesn't matter anyway... you are not addressing the obvious violations of copyright law and website tos's that are being broken in this thread.

thetafferboy83 gave us a link to the adsense tos, in a rather brain-dead attempt to defend his position on using content off of other websites... he should have read it first:

"Website publishers may not display Google ads on web pages with content protected by copyright law unless they have the necessary legal rights to display that content."
    https://www.google.com/adsense/supp...ww-et-asui&medium=link&gsessionid=7xrA_QMj6rA

danimal, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  15. thetafferboy83

Best Answers:
    But you are allowed to display YouTube content.... I'm not talking about "stealing" content from other sites. Why don't you go start a decent thread rather than trolling this one? It seems most people here are happy with the info here, you don't have to follow the guide do you? If you don't like it, don't do it. Let people choose what information they want to read.

16. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    NOT WITH ADSENSE, per the tos i just listed! stop posting your garbage to this forum... per the youtube faq:

"YouTube hereby grants you permission to use the Website as set forth in this Terms of Service, provided that: (i)your use of the Website as permitted is solely for your personal, noncommercial use"
    http://www.youtube.com/t/terms

i hope that people out here will think before they risk losing their adsense accounts... it's a lifetime ban, they will never let you back in.

there is one video sharing site where you *might* be able to find legal content that can be used for commercial purposes: www.revver.com

sign up as an affiliate, and you can split post-roll click income with revver... check their tos, and check with adsense support while you are at it.

danimal, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  17. thetafferboy83

Best Answers:
    I think you'll find "commercial" use means selling videos on and such, not tertiary adsense earnings. Why do you complain so much? Do you have any good info to share? Or can I assume you're one of those $6 a week adsense bitches that complains he can't make money off the net? Thought so.

18. usmanzali

usmanzali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh yeah i know about this but your video has to be .flv and there is lots of things you have to do.

usmanzali, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  19. BiGRob

BiGRob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, commercial use means your selling the videos

BiGRob, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  20. thetafferboy83

Best Answers:
    If you read the guide, you can download the videos in mp4 format instead of FLY. This makes them a lot more manageable :)

thetafferboy83, Apr 19, 2007 IP