1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A guide to build a profitable site/blog

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by broombroom, Jun 30, 2014.

I am changing my content and traffic strategy slightly since I relied heavily on Google and would like to show what I am going to do. The best thing to do is focus your time and energy wisely rather than working hard on something that is wasteful in the end so do you think in theory that these tips are good?

step 1. Find your niche/market. Find your target audience, find a problem they have no one caters for. E.g your interests health/fitness hobbies etc. how to lose weight etc.
    step 2. Build your site/blog, add an email list from the beginning, add all social buttons etc and of course produce your awesome unique high quality content/showcase your service that satisfies your target audiences needs.
    step 3. Promote the heck out of each of your pages to establish a reader base/leads/customers/subscribers/visitors and increase brand awareness. Do this via social media - Facebook, twitter linkedin etc, produce videos, sign up to forums, comment on blogs, guest posting. There are some "tricks" with each one e.g. twitter you can search for conversations about your topic giving you super targeted traffic. On facebook you can do a similar thing with groups and fan pages just join in the conversation and gently slip them a link to your website/landing page. Make sure to use Google alerts to get instant notice when someone mentions your keyword on the internet. Jump to it and leave a valuable comment possibly linking to your site. At this stage aim to get your post right in front of everyone in that niche, don't rely on Google rankings alone go out and grab them and show them your great post.

You can also do SEO but I am staying away from relying on Google I find that restricts what I can write about and they are going of the rails at the minute going on my recent experience. Of course some basic on page SEO will help greatly. Paid advertising is also useful if you have a budget.
    Step 4. Keep producing high quality unique content that benefits your niche and promoting the heck out of it. As you build a readership they will greatly help out by sharing your content for you. Your traffic should increase gradually along with your email list. Use your email list to engage with readers and sell your product/service or recommend affiliate products.

broombroom, Jun 30, 2014 IP