1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A good hostgator alternative? Looking for a cheap, cpanel host!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Konfused12, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    site5 is good enough for a shared hosting. It's not cheap. I can recommend it.

makeit easy, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  2. Rambro

Rambro Peon

Best Answers:
    MDD Hosting has been great to me so far. Excellent customer service as well.

Rambro, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  3. Shole93

Shole93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IHost4you dot net is good i used it and so far no problem (1$ per month but i found a coupon and pay only half)

Shole93, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  4. sunitha123

sunitha123 Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you iPage for cheap cpanel hosting their prices starts from $1.89/month which is very cheap compared to other hosting providers. You can also check a list of cheap hosting providers at: http://www.webhostingreader.com

sunitha123, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  5. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey, I am the owner of CloudBeast.net, we got hosting plans that support addon domains(more than 1 domain on your account), our prices are very competitive, might be worth checking out, otherwise i would suggest that you do not look at "top 10 hosting" sites as these are often affiliate sites or paid reviews, a good place to get reviews for hosting is on WebHostingTalk.com.

Helge Sverre, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  6. ssrulz1

ssrulz1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't go for cheap stuff, if you pay nuts you will get only monkeys. I host my professional java webhosting websites with OnlineCares and Php sites with Site5.

ssrulz1, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  7. aleau

aleau Member

Best Answers:
    Since you didn't mention how cheap is cheap... If you plan on putting tons of sites, I can recommend only professional, high-profile company. My warm recommendation is SiteGround. They are not cheap, but there is a cheap way (and not many people know that) - joining through their "friend" (not affiliate) links. You can host one domain per account for just 9.95$ per year this way, and then get your unlimited domains package for additional 50$.

aleau, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  8. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    namecheap.com or resellers like instantcpanelhosting.com

postcd, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  9. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To answer your question any other hosting company is better than Hostgator.

The worst thing I ever did in my life was to switch to Hostgator few years ago. Their support sucks and their servers are extremely slow. They also keep disabling my website because they say it uses too much CPU more than the 25% they allow.

I'm in the process of moving my Forums to a better host. As soon as my website is up and running, I will make sure I will let my 150K members know about how much Hostgator sucks. I had a free banner on my forums that lead to them. The banner was displayed over 15 million times and received thousands of clicks by my members. The same banner will be replaced by another banner when I get my website back this time leading to an extremely negative review from me that exposes how bad they have become.

If you are looking for a good or even descent Host DO NOT CHOSE hostgator, you will regret it in the long run.

I'm willing to pay $50 to the person that makes to best review video exposing Hostgator. The video will be displayed on our Youtube, Dailymotion and other video sharing websites and millions of hits will be sent to this video to better expose Hostgator.r

I promise that never in my life I have disliked a company or an organization as much as i dislike Hostgator. I will also print 1000 stickers that say Hostagot Sucks. If you want one please let me know. The cost will be $1 each. If you take a picture of it on your car and send me the picture with a review of your experience with Hostgator, I will give you one month free advertisement on our forums.

I promise I will do anything it takes to help people being mistreated like I was by Hostgator. I was even considering taking them to court if I can find few people that would be interested in starting a Class action against Hostgator.

I will also make a huge banner that I will hold once a week in a major intersection in Oklahoma City and other large cities in Oklahoma. Will also give you 3 months of free advertisement on my forums if you hold a sign saying Hostgator sucks for 1 hour in a major intersection in your city.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

rhoula, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  10. TheFall

TheFall Banned

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend to use services from citynetworkhosting.com. You will get affordable hosting plans with useful features and skilled support.

TheFall, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  11. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I checked out citynetworkhosting.com they seem to be very new hardly any reviews or anything else. Their website does not seem to get much traffic either. I may be wrong but I don't trust website with extremely high Alexa rank (2,394,243). The second time I went back to check the PR rank the site was down.

rhoula, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  12. sharfi

sharfi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try FastNext, they provide with stable servers and kind knowledgeable support department available online 24/7. You'll be able to contact them via Live Chat, e-mail, phone number or even Skype, anyway all needful info is presented on their site.
    I've ordered SSD VPS and very happy with this server, as it is fast and works without downtime.
    Also in any case I get positive and quick response from their team.

sharfi, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  13. fun99

fun99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its totally depend on you what you want pay and which type of services you require, If you are looking cheep than do not hope of better services

fun99, Sep 7, 2013 IP
    AJKpeter likes this.
  14. jdef

jdef Member

Best Answers:
    Hi you can try at servinio dot com,very cheap and great suport.

jdef, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  15. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bluehost was the first place I contacted when I was trying to find an alternative to hostgator. i used the online chat to talk to a representative and ask question about their products and services. It took over 10 minutes for the representative to start the chat which i did not mind. i then asked if they would be able to move my site from hostgator to Bluehost he said they could but it cost $100.

I think that was a little too much, so i decided to keep looking for another one.

rhoula, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  16. harrysmith

harrysmith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We haven't heard back from OP Konfused12, it seems he had found his webhost ;)

harrysmith, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  17. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Reliable and affordable is better over "cheap" hosting any day. Consider a hosting provider who has been in business for a good number of years and offers a true cPanel product for you. Almost all hosts will help you with the migration and if you choose a reliable host with years of experience right out of the gate then you won't have to worry about moving for a long time, if ever.

JPC-Sabrina, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  18. jdef

jdef Member

Best Answers:

Hi,I'm using servinio dot com.They are very cheap and have great support.

jdef, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  19. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check out ahosting.net, they are very affordable and offer cPanel with all packages.

SlimCharles47, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  20. hilhilginger

hilhilginger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Recently I knew One hosting provider who offers very cheap pricing with quality service softhosting.info . I know their down time is zero and they provide good customer service until any problem get resolved.

hilhilginger, Sep 22, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.