1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A good course for advanced learning of CSS and HTML

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Rare Pepe, Sep 25, 2016.

So I've been looking for a good course for advanced users who already know the basics of CSS and HTML, but I haven't come across a good course that teaches you some advanced web design techniques.

Do you guys know of any?

Thanks!

Rare Pepe, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Have you checked the reviews on Amazon.com?

dcristo, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  3. Rare Pepe

Rare Pepe Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry what?

Rare Pepe, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You'll find good books on Amazon.

dcristo, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Some of my articles may help you... this is an intermediate to advanced level article that's pretty much meant to point out everything WRONG with the current "mainstream' practices and goes through beginning to end showing how to use progressive enhancement to build responsive gracefully degrading websites:
    http://www.cutcodedown.com/article/progressive_enhancement

Likewise, my article on "what's wrong with YOUR website" may be an eye-opener since it covers a lot of mistakes people make time and time and time and time again.
    http://www.cutcodedown.com/article/whats_wrong_with_YOUR_website_index

Also, if you have the time, go to nngroup and just start reading their articles under web usability, writing for the web, and Usability & UX.
    https://www.nngroup.com/articles/

You'll learn more from them about ACTUALLY designing for users (as opposed to stroking the ego of some ignorant artist under the delusion they are a "designer") than you will the next twenty websites COMBINED.

deathshadow, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  6. bhavna90

bhavna90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like freecodecamp.com to learn HTML CSS that encourages to solve and get further. It also helps in developing portfoilio while learning and also gets you certificate if you want. Its free totally. I read about this site on Quora.

bhavna90, Sep 27, 2016 IP
    etc likes this.
  7. pagecoder

pagecoder Banned

Best Answers:
    I can teach you the html/css/jquery, if you are interested .. actually most courses just give you the definations/examples but till you complete a project, advance concepts can be learnt.

pagecoder, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:

pagecoder, you apparently either cannot read or lack basic English comprehesion skills.

Here are some salient points that you missed:

1) The OP ALREADY knows basic HTML/CSS and therefore does NOT need nor want you to teach him HTML/CSS.
    2) The OP does NOT want to WASTE his time completing BASIC projects just so he can MAYBE find an advanced technique that he can learn.
    3) The OP is looking for ADVANCED HTML/CSS information WITHOUT wasting his time sifting through MOUNTAINS of worthless trash to find the gems he is looking for.
    4) The OP shows NO INTEREST in learning that bloated slow-as-a-turtle steaming pile of crap called jQuery.

Further I question your competence in web designing. Anyone who promotes jQuery does NOT know nor understand web designing and therefore has absolutely NO BUSINESS trying to teach anyone anything.

mmerlinn, Oct 8, 2016 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  9. moneymaker100

moneymaker100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Lynda.com has always great tutorials for basics and advanced learners ,but if you are a reader too, you can find many free ebooks around.You can try these too...
    Lynda - CSS bundle
    UDEMY HTML5 AND CSS3 CREATE A WEBSITE IN HTML CSS AND PHP TUTORIAL

moneymaker100, Oct 8, 2016 IP
    etc likes this.
  10. pagecoder

pagecoder Banned

Best Answers:
    take a chill pill....

pagecoder, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  11. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I don't do drugs.

mmerlinn, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  12. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    learned a lot from lynda.com actually. I am currently learning the arduino programing from them. lynda by the way is now bought by linkedin

etc, Oct 13, 2016 IP
  13. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    He has a point, the train wreck of developer ineptitude that is jQuery does in fact call into question the skills or knowledge of anyone suggesting it much less using it... with one possible exception:

Learning it JUST to find out how full of **** it's packing people full of, and to fix when that **** goes completely tits-up face-down on people.

Much like every other front-end "framework" the ONLY thing you can learn from it is how NOT to build a website!!! Was probably the biggest pile of nube-predating BS until bootcrap kicked it off the throne.

deathshadow, Oct 13, 2016 IP