1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A full screen responsive and selective height layer slider that isnt a pig on resources

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by raybees, Aug 19, 2016.

First of all hi everyone - my first post on this forum. I am looking for a slider where I can set the height dependant on resolution, the ability to run layers for text overlays - full width and the ability to crop an image from the top, bottom, right or left. Most importantly it must not be a pig on resources... it must be lean and fast and easy to use. Preferably the slides can be set through wordpress custom fields (ie metadata). Can anyone suggest what is something worth considering? And perhaps a link showing where its used?

Thanks

raybees, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  3. raybees

raybees Peon

Best Answers:
    Soliloquy (does not have layers), metaslider (proversion has layers but no variable height) revolution slider (has everything but not very well optimsed). Revolution slider is good but just too heavy. Metaslider is also good but cannot adjust to variable height unless you use a hiding script and use two sliders (one for mobile one for higher res). BTslider is good, it works well with metadata. I have been through quite a few.... Some optimised jquery sliders like soliloquy and metaslider are the fastest in their class - very good infact. But no height adjustment. Sure you can lock the container with max-height but then the slider content will not center.

raybees, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  4. raybees

raybees Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks i just checked out the sliders... I should have been more specific with my question. I have to either plug the slide show with metadata from a custom field - or have some kind of loading interface so the user can easlily insert images without much thought.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
    raybees, Aug 19, 2016 IP