1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A free web tool for finding no of searces and serp results

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by artofmaking, Nov 1, 2009.

Is there any free web tool to find at the same time number of searches of a keyword along with number of serps

artofmaking, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  2. webseaindia

webseaindia Peon

Best Answers:
    yes there is one tool that you can download for free. go to seobook.com and register there and go to tools tab. You will find a tool that is free and you can get what you want.

Thanks,

webseaindia, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  3. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use Google's free external adwords keyword tool to get the number of searches for particular keywords. Make sure you have the match type dropdown set to exact.

Once you have the list of keywords and their monthly local and global search query volume then use Google to find out the number of results. But if the keyword phrase is "my keyword phrase" then searching for "my keyword phrase" without the quotes is NOT any kind of indication of how competitive the keyword phrase is.

For example, I made a post a week and a half ago and it's ranked 7th or 8th at Google for my targeted keyword phrase. There are over a billion (Yes... with a "b") results when you search for the phrase. Yet I ranked 7th or 8th with no backlinks from other sites.

If you want to gauge competitiveness, you have to look at several counts of results. I like performing the following searches for each keyword phrase I'm researching and then looking at them all collectively before selecting a phrase to target.

"my keyword phrase"
    "my keyword phrase" intitle:"my keyword phrase"
    "my keyword phrase" inurl:"my keyword phrase"
    intitle:"my keyword phrase" inurl:"my keyword phrase"
    "my keyword phrase" intitle:"my keyword phrase" inurl:"my keyword phrase"

Canonical, Nov 1, 2009 IP