1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Few Basic Questions

Discussion in 'Programming' started by JonahViaKeyboard, Jan 24, 2006.

Please pardon the list of newbie questions. Programming is a bit foreign to me.

Preface: I have a local MySQL database.

1) Is there a (hopefully easy) way to transfer that on a daily basis to a hosted MySQL database?

2) Is it possible, instead, to transfer that local MySQL data to a hosted SQL database on a daily basis?

3) When generating MS Excel files (not just a .csv) as part of a web application, do you have to have Windows hosting? Do you need a special kind of hosting account or special version of Excel? Can you create a .xls file from an apache server?

Thanks!

JonahViaKeyboard, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  2. DavidAusman

DavidAusman Peon

Best Answers:
    1.) yes you can by using cronjob
    2.) yes it is possible to do that. What you need to do is to setup cronjob in your localhost, and then make a connection to your server
    3.) Im not very sure, but I beleive no, you dont need to use window hosting to output .csv! But you will need windows hosting when you want to draw graphics for excel

DavidAusman, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  3. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
  4. JonahViaKeyboard

JonahViaKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks David and Dave.

JonahViaKeyboard, Jan 26, 2006 IP