1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Dozen .mobi Names Sold for a Whopping $632,000 at the TRAFFIC Live Auction

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by movingconcierge, Oct 12, 2007.

Now, I don't know how many of you are following this new gTLD. I don't see a lot of talk about .mobi names here.

But there have been some big numbers coming out of the auctions. Sedo held an auction on Sept. 26 (the ONE YEAR anniversary of the launch of the .mobi gTLD) where 100 "premium" names went for more than $850,000 and T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East held an auction today (10/12) where a dozen .mobi names sold for a whopping $632,000. :eek:

All of these premium names auctioned off at Sedo, TRAFFIC, or where ever all have development requirements which define the terms of the purchase. That means that these names are going to END USERS WHO WILL DEVELOP THEM. :D You can also find out more insight at the dotMobi blog.

This really bodes well for such a young extension. There are still solid fresh registrations out there. The after market is still fluid too. You can get a gauge of how .mobi fairs against other more seasoned extensions at 3character.com. The prices there for LLL.mobi names are a little low in my opinion, but if you look hard enough you may find one at that price still.

The Next Premium auction is on 10/31 at Sedo. Auction details are HERE! The names being auctioned are HERE! (pdf)

Source: Mobility "The Internet's #1 Mobile Web and .mobi forum. Anything and everything related to the mobile internet."

movingconcierge, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  2. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    All domain listed there are worth to their cost. :) any similar list for .tv?

bobchrist, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  3. movingconcierge

movingconcierge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I didn't pay much attention to the .tv's despite having a few good .tv's myself.

We'll see what the 10/31 Sedo auction adds to the .mobi values!

movingconcierge, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  4. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty interested in .mobi names myself. I have my portfolio at mobility.mobi.

More interested in the development side of them, but that just makes my purchases even more valuable to me. :)

SolutionX, Oct 17, 2007 IP