1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A couple questions regarding API key

Discussion in 'Yahoo API' started by master_kaos, Jun 26, 2007.

Hello, I am new to this Yahoo api thing, but I have a few questions:

1: I have registered for the yahoo API key this morning. However, is said it is unauthorized. Does it take a while until it becomes authorized or did I do something wrong?

2. I cannot seem to find the page where it lists my application ID either, does anyone have the link for it?

3: Currently I am using the YahooDemo api key. However, when I do a query, I dont get near as many results as I do when searching the same thing with Yahoo... Is it because I am just using the Demo API Key?

4: Yahoo can only return the first 1000 results, is there anyway past this?

Thanks.

master_kaos, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  2. master_kaos

master_kaos Peon

Best Answers:
    OK i found that page with the application ID, it says Unauthenticated not unauthorized.
    What does this mean?

Also I changed the API key in the code to just some random letters I entered myself and it didnt change the results at all.... does this API key even do anything?

what am I missing here

master_kaos, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  3. rockmyway5

rockmyway5 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to select
    "Single Sign On (via BBAuth), No user data can be accessed" when asked the Scope of App id.
    after you do that , yahoo will want you to upload a file on your server containing some text (yahoo will provide). once you do that , your app id will be authorised :)

rockmyway5, Aug 31, 2007 IP