1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

99% of expensive domains are overvalued

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by lukeit, Jun 9, 2013.

in many sites, i saw domain names with ridicolous prices. 1-5-10,000 dollars for nothing, for domain with 2 words. many of these domain come from the world of money laundering. rather than buying this junk, i will buy xxx-xx.com. or .net

today, search engine doesn't rankings same before. it prefer good content or big site. for ex. bigsite.com/key-words than key-words.com

lukeit, Jun 9, 2013 IP
    Lavonta likes this.
  2. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with you, overtime people who aren't professional domainers tend to believe that any short domain name has a value that is far from being the real potential resale price.

On the other hand, some others believe that long-tail keyword domain names are great for get ranked sooner, but those type of domain look so spammy, particularly if the use long-tail keyword entries too.

I prefer stick to content and a good marketing strategy than upon a domain name. If I have a good idea to achieve success, then name or extension are secondary to my plans.

Mystique, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  3. dontstop

dontstop Active Member

Best Answers:
    True, many of the expensive domains are overrated and overpriced. Most of the sellers rely on 1 big sale in order to maintain another hundred overpriced domains for years... Until the next one be sold.

Domains are important, but they're not everything. Don't buy this crap - choose your own domain wisely, and work on developing your site.​

dontstop, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  4. panduYk

panduYk Active Member

Best Answers:
    how to get good domain names with good value?? anyone can explain me about this?

panduYk, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  5. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yea, definitely. We all see domains that are overpriced every single day..Most of those domains will get renewed a few times and never sold..then drop! lol

FPForum, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  6. noneed

noneed Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all comes down to the type of domain name you are selling. I would like to correct you here - 99% of domains aren't just overrated but they simply lack the quality to fetch a substantial sale price. If you sell a domain called cloud.com for a million dollar any professional company making millions of revenue from cloud products and services would snap it! But on the other hand if you quote a million for say "Madmonkey.com" then I wouldn't see a difference between your attitude and the SLD of your domain name.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    noneed, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  7. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on one of two things when it comes to high priced domains, or any domains really:
    1. Resellers see big potential in of course reselling the domains
    2. End users like the domain and see some great value to using the domain to brand their company or product.

iowadawg, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  8. biftek

biftek Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's like anything in life , it is only worth as much as the buyer is wanting to pay , some people will think that house is over priced or that car is over priced , others will see it as a bargain , simple fact of the matter is we only see it as overpriced as it isn't worth that much to us but the next person will see it as good value for money

to me diamonds aren't worth their price as they are just a rock dug out of the ground , but others will see them as the holy grail

biftek, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  9. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Top keyword.com domains definitely have value & have sold for $xxx,xxx to $x,xxx,xxx for ASCII.com names. Surely they are worth the money rather than registering qqqq-eee-trrr.com or some other random name then having to brand & SEO those names.

htmlindex, Jun 20, 2013 IP