1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

99% Internet Marketer FAIL To Have Good Page Ranking In Google

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JoinStation, Jul 20, 2009.

1. ET Jan

ET Jan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well most people fail to understand that PR is just one of many many factors and is no longer considered main criteria for search by Google.

ET Jan, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  2. louise254

louise254 Peon

Best Answers:
    The main reason is behind the marketing ways and how effective it is for the audience.Other factors can be with keywords and site content.

louise254, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  3. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well SEO is just a way of getting traffic. you should use PPC, facebook, twitter and all other methods to give you traffic. Why? Well if for an instance (which happened to me) your hosting for some reasons blocked access of the Google, bot your site ranking will loose completely!!! (I am for REAL) so rely on just ONE traffic source is RISKY!

proson, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  4. marvinzzz

marvinzzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you elaborate more on content?

marvinzzz, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  5. expertC

expertC Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure. The best way would be – by example. I put a micro-site for one of my client’s basic chemical product. Like static 5 pages, no blogs, no links. He was asking for something similar to his competitor’s site, but I simply said that I do it my way. Competitor had “severely optimized” SEO page with zillions of keywords, correct tags, picture tags, alt tags, etc, etc., etc. I just put all technical information page by page. But the information (not keyword intensive, by the way!) which people do look for. It has very little optimization whatsoever, just lots of technical info.

So, my client is occupying first line in Google searches for that product for a year now (competitor with all his SEO is on a page 2 with PR1). Micro-site is PR3 and has never been updated for a long time. Never did link exchanges, but many good sites simply link to that micro-site as a reference point for the product.

expertC, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  6. megaresp

megaresp Peon

Best Answers:
    What he said was "99% Internet Marketer FAIL To Have Good Page Ranking In Google". This probably understates the situation. This example illustrates why...
    • Imagine 1,000 marketers going after the keyword phrase 'get rich quick'
    • Only 10 can be on page one of Google for 'get rich quick'
    • That's 1% of our imaginary marketers
    • Wikipedia has the top spot for this keyword phrase, so we're now down to less than 1%
    While there is more than one useful keyword phrase, there are also a lot more than 1,000 online marketers.

This is why the overwhelming majority of online marketers will not get to page 1 of Google for a contested keyword phrase.

megaresp, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  7. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    expertC, that is a good point there.

JoinStation, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  8. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    megaresp, have your great point here.
    However, personally, i still think content, traffic and keyword is the major part on your IM field.

JoinStation, Jul 28, 2009 IP