1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

90% Traffic gone suddenly

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sonu211, Jun 5, 2014.

i need help to diagnose my site that what was really happend in just one day . yesterday i had 2k + traffic on my site and i was updating it everyday . Today i saw that 90% traffic of my site is gone suddenly . please help me to give some advice to diagnose my site, i wanna check it by myself to fix the problem . Thanks

sonu211, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  2. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should wait some days to know the exact reason behind it. One day is not sufficient. There may be any technical issue from host or server.
    Is 2k + traffic sudden traffic or getting same traffic from last few weeks?

Kristina Roy, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  3. sonu211

sonu211 Member

Best Answers:
    no it wasn't a sudden traffic and i have no issue with my server or host because i am using blogger platform .

sonu211, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  4. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure evrth is alright with your hosting and DNS? Wait and see what happens in a day or two, go on checking your logs too.
    How are your keyword ranks by the way? have they not by chances gone down?

Karuna17, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where does your traffic come from? If it's from Google or any other SE, check if your website is still active in it. Don't forget that it could be deindexed! ;)

patco, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  6. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If traffic is from google then perhaps it was the recent google panda upodate...

ETA, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  7. dgerryd

dgerryd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I' sure your shitting bricks that it might be a google penalty so to rule that out type this in search bar "site:example.com" without quotes and without www. if your sites main page is not showing i first place something is very wrong and is more than likely an algorithm penalty
    hope that helps you out and your site is there in 1st place PS. When I say your site has to be 1st it must be the home page

dgerryd, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  8. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    I also think so that there can be any technical issue regarding your hosting or server. Also please check if your site gets any penalty

Anis Mizi, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  9. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Manual penalty. Panda. Penguin. Sandbox. Anything.
    You should check that.

Garry_West, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  10. zunnunahmed

zunnunahmed Member

Best Answers:
    If maximum traffic comes from google. I think it effect of google update.

zunnunahmed, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  11. sonu211

sonu211 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes all the traffic was coming from google only . and i didn't got any penalty from google as i have already check it. My site all pages are still index in google and i am still getting some hits from google search . I think it's effect of google update. dont know how to get my site traffic back now.

sonu211, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  12. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google has updated algorithm and not only you many of friends are suffering from this. Try to follow Google guidelines buddy.Write long content article with no keyword stuffing and yes avoid duplicate content and bad backlinks.May be then Google will consider you domain though it is very tough.

jobsbywork, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  13. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check your backlinks and Webmaster Tools
    You may have gotten a penalty.

SEOsince99, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  14. fisher03

fisher03 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not familiar with it, but I have read about people stealing traffic and thus commissions by duplicating your link/site. There was a way to cloak your site to keep this from happening.

fisher03, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  15. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    NO doubt that it's the Google recent algorithm changes had made you suffer this. But my question is are you other source making same contribution as they were doing earlier?

To avoid the Google penalty you need to follow the Google guidelines, try remove all the duplicate stuffs, re invent you links, improve your article and focus more on human than search engines.

mollie.fr, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  16. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is due to Google algorithmic changes or you might have lost some huge backlinks. check your backlinks and verify which backlinks you have lost recently.

karen9999, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  17. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's possible if you choose some way which drive non-referral traffic to your site.
    It's straight meaning is, you are not able to provide content which is interested according to viewer. Or, wrong viewer comes to your site. So you have to check main source of your traffic.

yagnik, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  18. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love how in every thread that includes questions about traffic drops or other change in metrics there are a load of people "advising" about algorithm updates and other guesses and assumptions that just sound about right. What a load of bull really for someone seeking a proper advice. What algorithm changes guys? Be specific, enlighten us please. There is a full list of algo updates that can easily be found and as it shows the last update was the Panda 4.0 which rolled out nearly a month ago. OP shows that the traffic drops happened around 7th June...Panda has to be really lazy to wait for a couple of weeks before the hit. This race for getting post count up with blind repetition of stuff like "it should be an algo update" is getting too old too fast.

Your best bet would of course to perform an in-depth analysis yourself. Get acquainted with the Google guidelines regarding content (if you haven't already) and review your whole content, starting with the most recent one around the drop. Then go through your backlinks - its possible that you were added to some spammy sites without your consent and overall you might have unnecessary and irrelevant links that you don't need. You can also check with your host if there were unexpected DNS changes or server issues that might affect traffic. Without a manual penalty from Google (which as I understand you don't have) a full analysis would be your only way as you won't know where to look specifically.

Good luck with regaining your traffic ;)

Rado_ch, Jun 13, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  19. lukeSwenson

lukeSwenson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Add video to your landing pages (VLP - Video Landing Page) that is informative and relevant to your site. Respected studies show that good video can improve conversions and page ranking more than most any other item you can add to your pages. Try SEOClerks, many freelancers on this site provide traffic at a cheap rate.

lukeSwenson, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  20. khirad

khirad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEmrush is enough to get started

khirad, Jun 29, 2014 IP