1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

90% Of The SEO Advice On DP Is A Joke

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by glenndorsey, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Back when I was still a practicing psychotherapist we called musings like that a "word salad"

Don't design an ugly website is not inherently helpful and the only thing of substance in said article is well, wrong.

"I have mistakenly paid for three WordPress themes on Digital Point" This goes back to your first comment, ugly is as ugly does. Check portfolios before you buy design work, this is not industry related, its common sense.

I could go on for a week, but as I mentioned above, there is no substance in said article, which does not belong on a pet site either.

I am not sure what your point was in writing that, but you didn't manage much other than to lump your self into the supposed group of people who knows not what they talk about.

but I merely opine.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 15, 2008 Set Best Answer IP
  2. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quite the opposite, theres a lot of the same advice being passed around, the same stuff is on other sites. Of course theres always going to be conflicting stuff, thats just because there's dumb people. You just can't take everything as spoken word.

clinton, Jun 15, 2008 Set Best Answer IP
  3. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Since you are a psychotherapist, and you felt inclined to build up your pedestal in your comment, I will gracefully bow to your superior intellect.

As you opined, everything that I wrote in the article is either wrong or lacking in any substance. I failed to explain what I DID, and what I DID to correct it.

Thank you for fixing me Doc.

:p

4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First you launch a blanket attack at DP members who spend their time for free to help people, and then you attack me huh? So much for discourse. If you have something other than an adolescent retort feel free to chime in.

Back to the topic at hand.... to suggest that 90 percent of the seo advice on DP is a joke is absurd, and frankly quite rude to some I am sure. Hence, as others have mentioned, what are you talking about? Hold up some advice given that got you all riled up so we may take a look.
    Nigel

5. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I thought the post was a nice read. Dugg and + rep on the way.

snowbird, Jun 15, 2008 Set Best Answer IP
  6. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I say that 95% is good advice, it helped me get a good ranking on my last site, which I closed because the market wasn't good.

clinton, Jun 15, 2008 Set Best Answer IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree. There will always be the occasional nitwit that chimes in on a thread. For the most part everything I read is fairly accurate though. Not only that, it's all pretty basic information about links, proper markup, what have you...... I do get a bit tired of reading the same stuff over and over but we were all noobs once :)

Nigel

8. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Nigel- Your initial comment was extremely rude. If my little article had nothing of substance to offer, why the hell did you read this post, read my LONG article, write a nasty reply here, come back to this thread to reply to mine, and then come back to reply to another? If my little article is lacking in anything useful, perhaps it will at least spark some "out the box" thinking here? Enough already. I accept your humble apology Doc. :)

Snow- Thank you sir. I appreciate it very much.

Clinton- I'm glad you are doing well.

9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    This matches the results of the tests I have conducted.

Bing Bing Bing! We have a winner! This is ridiculously true.

I tested these extensively and my results are exactly as predicted in your post.

Lord Hades and jg_abad like this.
  10. onlineshopping

onlineshopping Banned

Best Answers:
    If you are spamming for getting back links from Digg than your account as well as your IP surely get banned.

11. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a big pile of failed, steaming, linkbait lol... And you can't expect to ridicule 90 percent of the SEO board with no facts and leave unscathed. That's not how you create a debate.

Nigel

clinton likes this.
  12. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Nigel- You are addicted to me and my pile of dog shi*/ linkbait. lololololol

Will- I would love to hear more about your tests if you would like to share.

Online- At what point does submitting your stories to Digg turn into spamming? I've always wondered that myself.

13. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Why not, DigitalPoint is a Webmaster forum and it has a Religion section, and who's to say his site doesn't have an audience of other webmasters running pet websites?

No substance, i wouldn't say that some points were on the money and some missed the mark but all in all it was an amusing read of his experiences.

I Repped it.

sweetfunny, Jun 15, 2008 Set Best Answer IP
  14. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Very nice of you. That you so much.

Nope. Hell no!! I am definitely not right about everything. I will bank that I am still wrong about a lot of things. But that's ok. It's a process, and I am growing as I go. I know I have a long ways to go before I really understand the online seo/ marketing/ design world as well as I need to, but I promise you that I am lightyears past where I started. If only I could show you my first 10 or so sites!! lolol Man, you would really feel sorry for me.

One lesson I have learned more than any other is to stop being a sheep. When you see all of the sheep lined up heading to a house, it's probably a slaughter house. In other words, question everything and don't be afraid to do some things that nobody else agrees with. If you follow what everyone else is doing you will just end up nowhere.

It's been a really neat ride so far. I'm looking forward to a lot more. Thank you for the kind words.

:)

15. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    nice article dude,
    this is what every newbie will do at the beginning, but we learned from our mistakes.
    dugg it
    thanks for sharing.

jg_abad, Jun 15, 2008 Set Best Answer IP
  16. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you sir.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that almost everyone is as dumb as me.. at least in the beginning. :p

Appreciate the help very much.

17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Glenn:

Your first post in this thread was pretty annoying, because it looked like you were blaming other people for your failures. That's a huge turn-off for me.

But, the post on BestForPet that you are promoting is actually quite good. Lots of nice lessons in there for new people to learn. Very good work!

18. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you sir. Thank you very much.

lol Sorry.. :eek: I guess it did sound like I was whining in the post in here. I swear I didn't mean it that way, but too late to take it back I guess.

I was really just trying to go through all of the dumb mistakes I have made. They really make me laugh now. I'm still screwing some things up, but not nearly as bad as before. Maybe it will help someone that is just starting off like me... or maybe not.

Thanks again for the nice words. I'll try to not be as annoying next time. lol

19. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I found the advice good however it being stated all over the web.

homebizseo, Jun 15, 2008 Set Best Answer IP
  20. Dezire

Dezire Banned

Best Answers:
    Ya I too agree on this point..sometimes after reading these advices I do think are these SE Gurus or just spammers !!

Dezire, Jun 15, 2008 Set Best Answer IP