1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

90 forum Posts and 10 new threads $25

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Boston_JM, Jul 21, 2005.

1. heapseo

heapseo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Boston_JM,

I'm sure you can understand my point of view. In my eyes no communication meant no work meant loss of money. If you send me a list of the directories you submitted to for me, just as proof that it has been done, thats fine. If you have done the work then there is no need to pay back any money.

I am glad that you have responded, its a nice feeling to realise you haven't actually been ripped off when you thought you had! I would bear in mind for future though, even if you have a lot of work on just send a quick message to your customers to let them know where you are at.

Andy.

heapseo, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  2. Boston_JM

Boston_JM Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yes i agree and i am sorry for this i would never rip any one off and i would always keep my word i mean i know from personal experince how it feels to be ripped off and its no fun

Boston_JM, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  3. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    K...now that everyone has kissed and made up WTF is my forum posts?;).

Joken...I had asked you earlier in this thread but rec'd no response so I figured you were busy providing your quality service. I hired web-rover to do this for me. He also provides a similar service. My forum is a little unique in that it is VERY customer dedicated so there's not a lot visible on the outside, which I understand make this task a little difficult.

You know, I play hockey and I am one of the greatest 'stick handlers'. That's the lesson learned here, when your up to your eyeballs learn how to 'stick handle' it makes for a happier customer :). Radio silence is NOT a good practice!

As I have previously mentioned, I maintain that Boston JM's work is solid once completed!

Homer, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  4. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    FYI I will do posting for anyone who needs it done as long as I am comfortable with the subject matter. I prefer not to commit to doing more than 100 posts per week for any particular forum. If you are interested you can drop me a pm. Rates are fairly standard.

aeiouy, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  5. moonlightmerc

moonlightmerc Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Boston JM,

Im interested too please PM me the details.

Moonlightmerc

moonlightmerc, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Boston JM -

As you know I originally posted how good your work was. I was probably one of your first customers. I then hired you to do a little more complex posting. A few user names and spread out over a larger time period (The first time I hired you, the 100 posts were all within an hour).

I don't understand how it happened but suddenly I got all kinds of "me too" and "yes, i agree" posts. Not a single post out of the 200 was more then 5 words. I actually had to ban a few of the names because I was getting lots of reported posts. It wasn't until I banned the usernames that I got a response from you. In all fairness you did say you would talk to them (the posters?) so I unbanned them. Their posts after that weren't all that great.

I would have kept this to PM but while I have been awaiting a response I get this email:
    This email annoyed me to no end. I don't know who this person is and why are they emailing me questioning whether I paid or not. Shouldn't YOU be contacting me?

You are a nice guy Jim as we have PMd back and forth on other subjects but I do think you really need to get organized. If you have freelancers posting for you, you need to have some control.

I will still pay what we agreed even though I don't feel I got what I asked for. Technically I got the 200 posts so I am not looking to rip anybody off. But you will need to contact me yourself through PM to get payment.

Thank You

yfs1, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  7. Boston_JM

Boston_JM Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    you know i did send you like 5-10 pms and your response was 0 :( so please do me one favor before you go and say something negtive please come to me you know i have been more then fair with you i have done your work i have talked with them and then you say i never sent you a pm would you like me to send you the 10 screen shoots of me sending you the private messages so before you say something that is not true please speak to me thank you and yes it was also not very professional to tell me you would get back to me and i didnt hear form you after sending you 10 pms and 1 week later you post here its rather funny and for the money i thaught of it as a bad business deal that went sour

Boston_JM, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  8. Boston_JM

Boston_JM Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @ Homer

Please send me a pm if you still having problems to my knowledge they were done :)

Boston_JM, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  9. yfs1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Jim- You didn't send me 10 PMs with no response.

In fact I wrote in my post that we were previously writing back and forth. My issue is with your organization. I recieved PMs at my forums from people I didn't know and a few emails.

I had thought when we made the agreement, I would be dealing with you.

All of this contact just makes it difficult to know who I should be talking to.

yfs1, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's OK, now. After speaking with web-rover I realize this task is next to impossible with my particular needs...not to worry!

yfs1 and Boston JM it sounds like communication breakdown to me and not customer neglect :confused:.

Homer, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  11. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Unfortunately, what it sounds like is too much hassle all told.

I'd hate to have to go through this (regardless of why) just to arrange a few posts on a forum. It's just my 2 cents worth. I hope it's received constructively :)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  12. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sounds like you are a busy guy Boston_JM, but my suggestion is to stop asking for more business and actually do the work first...I'm still waiting for you to get back to me on the x3 pm's I sent you and payment I sent over a week ago.

See you've got money making business going over there:http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=22040&page=8

misohoni, Aug 24, 2005 IP
  13. Boston_JM

Boston_JM Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i will no longer except any work for here do to the fact that i can not be expected to give you the results in a day some times it takes longer as this time it did and for $25 its not like you lost or put out $500 and alot of peolpe like myself do have many things going on that pay alot higher so the meaning of this is that if you want things done right and dont mind waiting then contact me if not then find some one else thank you for your time

Boston_JM, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  14. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So you are saying because the amount is low (I paid you 50USD), then it shouldn't matter? It's still our money at the end of the day. As I mentioned before, you didn't reply to our emails after you received payment and now we are checking the work you did via google alert and will then get back to you if any problems

misohoni, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  15. Boston_JM

Boston_JM Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    no just saying its not worth the head ache is what i am saying and every one i did work for should have goten a pm with there log file today :)

PS: along with the 10 reds i got which is fine by me so there for not worth the head ache like for instance i do your work send you the log files and your still complaining which instead i could have just been a jerk and taken your money and never do your work but you know what i kept my word you paid me for and it was done and what do i get for my work 10 reds and a head ache thats not worth my time for $50

Boston_JM, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No offense boston, but you contracted for the work. You should have made the conditions clear when you signed up. The fact that the people you agreed to do work for had different expectations is not necessarily their fault.

I agree that at those rates it is not great money, but nobody forced you to enter into agreements for it. You chose to agree to do the work, and then left people feeling like they didn't get the service in a timely manner. I don't know how that can be anybody's fault but your own.

A suggestion for the future is you need to better manage expectations and let people know of your limitations and that it may take an extended period of time to finish the job. They can then at least make an informed decision as to whether or not they want you to do the job.

On top of all that you apparently charge people up front. With that incentive you should have been johnny on the spot. And when people had concerns and tried to contact you, the least you could have done is responded. That would have been the minimum of what most would consider reasonable.

aeiouy, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  17. heapseo

heapseo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [SARCASM]
    Gee, since you put it like that I can see how inconsiderate I and everyone else was being towards you. After all, why should you do what you said you would if its only for $50? We shouldn't expect a decent service for that!
    [/SARCASM]

I hope you stick to your *revised* idea of not offering any more work. If nothing else it will at least save you the headache of having this conversation with a whole bunch of other people :rolleyes:

heapseo, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  18. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    JM, you still never finished my sites I paid you $50.00 for, it has been almost 3 weeks. A few days I understand, but you never did anything after the first day :( until I bugged you in this thread, then you did like 5 more posts, then nothing again for weeks.

Henny, Sep 1, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  19. yfs1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And stop getting your cronies to PM me to advertise then after I have PMd them back and forth say "I don't like how you didn't pay BostonJM, so I don't want to advertise anymore"

First it was emails now its PMs

It gets old fast :rolleyes:

yfs1, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  20. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sheesh.

Look guys, if you need help with your forums PM me. I'll give you my rates and do the work first.

Payment can be made upon completion as long as you can prove a solid reputation throughout these forums or another. :)

zman, Sep 1, 2005 IP