1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling 89,004 Subscribers - PR2

Discussion in 'Sites' started by joaquin, Oct 21, 2013.

I started this site back in 2009. I used to play the piano so I decided to give this idea a shot. Within six months, I was earning around 3k per month just by promoting PPD products. Users would need to install something on their computer to access the links to the sheet music. The links were uploaded by the community itself so all I used to do was collect money.

Then I decided to turn it into a membership site with Amember. It had around 50 paying customers.

Unfortunately two years ago I entered college to study a degree in Web Design & Development and I simply forgot about this site. The domain, sheetmus.com, is perfect for the site itself.

The site doesn't generate any revenue at present, however, it comes with 73652 subscribers who signed up in the old version of the site (they all gave permission to send offers to their e-mails) and 15352 members to the new version of the site. They are all interested in free sheet music for the piano.

I have no idea how to monetize those 89,004 e-mails so I'm just selling this site as is. Maybe you could try selling them sheet music, or sending them to e-mail submit offers. Whenever someone signed up, they agreed to the TOS which clearly says "You will receive e-mails from us, but you can unsubscribe at any time."

I also integrated a vBulletin forum with Amember, although I shut it down a while ago. There are a few threads there.

Most of the current traffic comes from Google with Yahoo in second place and Bing in third.

I'm not selling this site based on revenue, but rather on the 89,004 subscribers, long history, PR2 and great domain name for the purpose.

There are probably many ways to make money from this site. The Pay Per Download idea was very good, although I really have no time to optimize this site to achieve its revenue potential. Someone with skills can easily turn this site into a gold mine.

[​IMG]

joaquin, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  2. praf22

praf22 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    how much are you selling this for ?

praf22, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  3. joaquin

joaquin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    $1250

joaquin, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  4. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 14
    can you give access to Google Analytic to see the history of the site?

inet, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  5. flippingdesk

flippingdesk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 8
    As Buyer:
    100% - 13
    You have already listed on flippa. You must not list on D.P if its already listed elsewhere.

flippingdesk, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  6. Sixer

Sixer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    I would require analytics access before making final decision. Also send me the least amount your are OK to accept for this?

Sixer, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  7. avenarie

avenarie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    hi, still selling?
    can i ask how the website was coded? CMS or custom code?
    you can also PM me. thx

avenarie, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  8. citisale

citisale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am offering interst but not at ur price.

citisale, Nov 15, 2013 IP