1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

88 clicks = 10.85, is this normal?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by omarn07, Dec 26, 2006.

Hi guys,

Great forum. I recently joined Adsense late last month and im up to 133.70 in total earnings so far. So I have a few questions, today i have 88 clicks and about 10.85 in earnings with about 14,798 page impressions...

I run a online gaming site with unique content for downloading and a forum so I have the adsense advertisements displayed on every page that is the reason for such high number of page impressions without much clicks im assuming. I have the ads blended in very well.

My questions are first of, is 88 clicks and only 10.85 in earnings normal? My niche is online gaming and I assumed it would be a little bit higher, Ive calculated it and it seems to average out to 12 cents per click?

Im receiving about 2000 unique users per day at the moment and its growing as every day goes by but im also wondering if putting the advertisements in less pages on the site would increase the earnings highly as well.

Thanks

omarn07, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  2. DodgyAnt

DodgyAnt Peon

Best Answers:
    Mind giving a link?

DodgyAnt, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  3. alexmai

alexmai Peon

Best Answers:
    88clicks=$10.45 is normal if it compares to my site.
    mine is around 0.25-1.00 per click

alexmai, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  4. thecashcow

thecashcow Peon

Best Answers:
    The revenue totally depends on your market area and relation to your traffic/pageviews/ctr, etc.

thecashcow, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  5. dr_roufa

dr_roufa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the price for click you have is normal, but it seems you have a very low CTR , If you can increase your CTR to only 2% you could double or triple your earnings easily

dr_roufa, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  6. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is this a forum or a site? The CTR does seem rathe low.

qwestcommunications, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  7. omarn07

omarn07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a forum + a site, I have the adsense ads displayed on every page at the top below a header and navigation menu but today I've have also added them to be displayed at the bottom to see if that can possibly increase the CTR. In earnings yesterday I made 12.94 with 109 clicks in 24,970 page impressions so yes the CTR is incredibily low around 0.44%. Today I have 71 clicks out of 15,121 page impressions and 13.37 in earnings so far.

omarn07, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  8. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    Its good for gaming sites.
    But probably because its still new andhave low CTR

If you raise your CTR, then you shouls expect some 4 cents average like usually ongaming sites

almir, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  9. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sounds a cool site, can you post the URL? :p

James12513, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  10. omarn07

omarn07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys, just an update. I did some things with the ads such as placement and such and it seems to have skyrocketed up lately.

Which im quite amazed seeing as last week i was only making about 3-6 per day then all of a sudden this week, its gone from 15 to 12 to 20 to 20 to 25 and today the highest again.

I have not even received my pin yet from Google thats how fast its going 222 so far this month.

My question is now tho, obviously the only way my earnings can increase is by more traffic right? I believe ive done all the optimization and such that I can.

I also have another question, are blogs more profitable than community sites such as forums?

omarn07, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  11. alvarez16

alvarez16 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess its normal!

Im making under $.10/Click :(.

Thanks

alvarez16, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  12. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    it´s agains the Adsense TOS display your earnings. be carefull.

ontopic: get more traficc, try diferent ads, etc etc and let it roll for some weeks... and watch the results!
    good luck.

scubita, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  13. omarn07

omarn07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright sorry about posting the earnings, I thought it was you were suppose to just not display the number of clicks. Yes im trying to get more traffic but strangely my site is not even indexed on google yet, so the traffic at the moment is coming primarily from word of mouth and discussions on similar sites. I dont know if i can further optimize the ads and they seem to be doing just fine right now, altho im considering changing the site design.

I had a record of 37.97 yesterday and today strangely while it seems ill get to at least 20 as im at 15.79 right now so a bit low considering the last few days,and it just seems strange that yesterday was so high because when I when to check the earnings after midnight it was at 28, so it was about 3 hours left to get that much and the number of clicks didnt really increase by much either, probably a high paying click?

omarn07, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  14. danfirst

danfirst Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not against the AdSense TOS to display your earnings.
    BUT CTR, etc yea...

danfirst, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  15. born2win

born2win Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can increase your CTR by placing blended ads in your website. The CTR is too low for your website.

born2win, Jan 1, 2007 IP