1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how long to shake a Google -50 penalty?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Pixelrage, May 19, 2008.

I got penalized for oversaturation of a keyword, and fixed the issue right away (which was a few days ago). How long does it usually take to get re-ranked in SERPs?

Pixelrage, May 19, 2008 IP
  2. DJMC

DJMC Peon

Best Answers:
    forgive me since I'm a newbie to these things; what exactly was the % of saturation of Key words? More than 10% of content?

Just curious because my site's main KW is at 9.62% of total content.

DJMC, May 19, 2008 IP
  3. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First, keyword density is useless; write content for visitors NOT search engines!

You need to submit a re-inclusion request via Google Webmaster's Central to notify you fixed the site, this will get a human review of the changes and increase probabitlity of the penalty (if it exists) to be removed.

astup1didiot, May 19, 2008 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks - isnt that form just for de-indexed sites? Only my home page is suffering, the inner pages seem to be getting the same results.

It was actually a stupid mistake. For instance, if you had a menu of links and used the same word in every single link...

5. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:
    You must have been doing some serious keyword stuffing for Google to penalise you like this...

Still, live and learn...

Sort at the page and then manually resubmit your site for inclusion... and wait until Google does it automatically....

I don't know how quick they will be in taking up your apology...

Divisive Cottonwood, May 19, 2008 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    well, the home page still appears for itself in a search for it - it's just not showing up for the keywords it once did.

On a surprising and somewhat funny twist of events, I started noticing ridiculous Yahoo traffic. My site is now appearing on page 1, #2 for a major 3-word keyword that gets around 250 queries per day :p

now, I'm afraid of giving up the Yahoo success!

7. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    May be you just wait for some time, hopefully, google will remove that penalty (If there was any), after Google crawl your home page.

angilina, May 20, 2008 IP