1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $75 Visual Redesign of my current WordPress Theme.

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by oregonthunder2, May 16, 2010.

This is for a complete visual redesign of a current theme at oregongold.net.

Current Theme is StudioPress There is a link at the bottom of the blog, or you can find it at WordPress. I will be keeping this theme. The only thing that is to be changed is the visual (not the layout).

This might include the current logo, however you won't have to guess too hard on this one. I have already had T-shirts made with this logo and the logo will basically be staying the same. See Images below:

[​IMG]
    T-shirt logo

[​IMG]
    A logo example

Keep in mind, you can make another logo to help the design flow as long as you keep the original look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example of what I am looking for: goldprospectors.org I like the nature background. Keep in mind I am in Oregon and the background should look like Oregon. I am not too big of the grey on this site.

Theme: Gold Prospecting - Federal Forest photo's might work I also have a lot of pictures on the site that may or may not work.

Theme colors: Black, Gold, White, with perhaps "blue skies, green tree's flowing water in the background for the nature image"

All aspects of the visual must be changed, including tabs, ect.

The Yellow "Miner's flag" (currently on the site) must be incorporated somewhere in the visual redesign.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner will be chosen by the first acceptable theme. Payment will be made once I have uploaded the theme to check it for problems. No problems and I will send the $$$ via PayPal.

I need a very professional looking theme, no garbage please. That would be a waste of mine and your time.

If there are no acceptable themes I reserve the right to cancel this contest without a winner. I am hoping to get a good theme. I know the price is kind of low, but it is all I can afford at this time.

The first acceptable theme wins. If you redesign a theme I like, I may make suggestions or ask for revisions. I will only ask for revisions if I am very interested, or you are close to the mark of what I am looking for.

Thanks

oregonthunder2, May 16, 2010 IP
  2. Mea.Culpa

Mea.Culpa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So you want the theme to stay the same, just redo the visuals? Aight.

Mea.Culpa, May 16, 2010 IP
  3. Nikola J

Nikola J Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If I was to upload the edited theme onto a dummy blog to show that it has no errors would you be willing to make the payment first? I'm only asking because you have a relatively low reputation and post count.

Nikola J, May 16, 2010 IP
  4. oregonthunder2

oregonthunder2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Yes, loading it onto your own URL should also work. I will be back on after Survivor, and then again tomorrow (Monday).

5. OaldDesign

OaldDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    so what you mean is that you need both design and coding? or is it just the design?

OaldDesign, May 16, 2010 IP
  6. oregonthunder2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I guess you can say both. The original theme "studiopress" has a elongated and slim background image that repeats itself, whereas the new one will need a much more elaborate, yet stand-alone image(s) to make it work. But the overall amount of code that needs reworked is minimal and is only subject to what needs changed in the imagery to get the desired effect or look. But the original theme "studiopress" will basically still be the same except for the images and (as far as I know ) the small amount of code to make the images work together. That is really for the designer to figure out. I hope that helps.

7. OaldDesign

OaldDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    ok thanks for the info i probably won't enter the contest because i dont have time to to design site contest but if i can recommend you i would say it will be better idea for you to make the price lower like 50$ or 45$ only for the design and get a coder to do the rest of the job later, the problem here that most of the designer don't know how to code (especially wordpress) so when you asking both you will get less entries this is just what i think. good luck.

OaldDesign, May 17, 2010 IP
  8. Nikola J

Nikola J Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you think that a legitimate designer is going to redesign an entire theme for 45 or even 50 I think you're sadly mistaken :/ I'm not saying that you won't get any submissions, just that they most likely wont be very professional.

Nikola J, May 17, 2010 IP
  9. oregonthunder2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I am paying $75. I don't want those last few statements to throw this post off track.

The logic of how I came up with this amount is...that is what I can afford. Secondly, I've seen new really nice themes created from scratch selling for $100-$150. I understand some people can only design and have no coding experience. All I can say to that is those who don't know how "you need not apply." I also would also say there are books in the genre of "Learn HTML in 24 hours". Coding kind of comes with territory in this industry and may I humbly suggest you to look into it, if you want to be a more balanced designer. I have seen your past/current work "OaldDesign" and you are very talented and I am not trying to preach, however you really should consider learning a little coding. The amount of code that will need altered will be minimal. I have not looked at this personally, but my experience tells me it would not be more than a few lines of code. That's not too much to ask for, in my opinion.

Also mentioned in the post above, somebody questions whether I would pay or not, because of my low post count and low itrader rating. I have this to say to that..YOU WILL GET PAID, VIA PAYPAL, IN A TIMELY MANNER. I am a fair person and I am a man of my word. A few days ago I paid out $35 for a flag redesign. $75 bucks for a few hours work, not bad in my opinion.

This site ranks for over 2,100 different keywords, and plenty of people visit everyday without a nice design. I was just wanting the visuals to be nicer when they do visit.

I hope somebody will take me up on this offer. I think what I have offered is fair. Could be better, but you have to admit it is "fair". Keep me posted.

oregonthunder2, May 17, 2010 IP
  10. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I working on this, wait for my entry

Chewysmom, May 17, 2010 IP
  11. Nikola J

Nikola J Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm also working on it.

Nikola J, May 17, 2010 IP
  12. oregonthunder2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Looking forward to seeing them. I have been checking in every hour or so and will continue until about 11 PM PST

13. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    not enough time, is this close now?
    just have this done (the top)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  14. oregonthunder2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    No, I am still accepting submissions. I will be on until 11 and I will be back on tomorrow also.

15. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll have the complete site tomorrow
    let me know if I'm heading to the right direction so far

just to let you know, the way I'm modifying the site, after I'm done, I hand over the image files and modified css and the site will be done. so It includes the coding.
    thanks

16. oregonthunder2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I want to get rid of the current logo that is currently on the site and use a logo like I posted on the first post of this thread. You are in the running, but I would still like to see more. I also do not care for the green lettering. I would like black better. The flag does not look good in that location anymore, maybe a RSS image would be better.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  17. killerdesign

killerdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    does the designer have the rights to put a redesigned link at the bottom for their personal portfolio when the design is chosen?

killerdesign, May 17, 2010 IP
  18. oregonthunder2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Yes, I will allow it.

19. oregonthunder2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Update: I took the flag down, took facebook button down , changed the logo ( so no one will be under the impression that I want that one reused) In doing so I discovered the existing logo on first post will need reworked if up against a color background.

I will check in with you guys tomorrow.

20. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chewysmom, May 18, 2010 IP