1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

75$ logo/tagline for a webdesign company

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by shinan, Jan 17, 2009.

1. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't think so its good but i still hope for the best :(

phyza, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  2. Brainwaves

Brainwaves Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    the sad part is, that he is a designer him self.. he must know how hurting it is when we put HOURS in your designs and then the CH doesn't even bother replying to the contest :(

- Brain

Brainwaves, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  3. shinan

shinan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Contest not abandoned, TOP RUNNERS: please do not delete/throw away your work.. Im still waiting for a word from the crew, the crew guys ain't getting back to me on MSN. If they don't reply tonight, I'll have to award the winner, a winner's not being chosen yet, I might as well have to do that if the other guys fail to get online tonight.

shinan, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  4. CameoAnderson

CameoAnderson Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay :) I've still got mine :)

CameoAnderson, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  5. Brainwaves

Brainwaves Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for the update shinan :)

- Brain

Brainwaves, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  6. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Same here :)

phyza, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  7. CameoAnderson

CameoAnderson Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well I don't know it's been an aweful long time on this. I think I might sell my shark.

CameoAnderson, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  8. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Shinan its been 3 more days now :) What you want to say on this one?

phyza, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  9. shinan

shinan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I haven't recieved money from the crew yet, They've decided a winner.. The competition's last stage was between a guy and a girl... Who won? Sorry can't tell since that wouldn't be fair, money will be arranged by tonight or tommorow hopefully...

shinan, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  10. honestlee

honestlee Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thats a beautiful logo!

honestlee, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  11. honestlee

honestlee Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "why does everyone keep referring him as a designer":confused:

the pig pic referenced is worth a smile, but not any better than your average high school project

Not to down the guy, but hes not a designer-have you seen the pixelshark page? Content over fluff is a great philosophy, but I really have never seen a "legitimate" web design company with such a pitiful design-and the company has no phone contacts or examples of past work...Who would actually purchase such a service?

Hope he didnt stiff you guys, because many of you created top notch work, worth more than 60 bucks anyway.

this could just be the first step towards creating a great page, i wouldnt know

12. shinan

shinan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First off, Yes I am a designer, I don't usually design vectors though, that was my first time, Im an experienced WEB DESIGNER, not vector. And what pixel shark page are you reffering to? If your talking about pixelshark.com, I don't own the thing dude.. I donno who does -_- The domain Im intending to start the site ispixelshark.org.. Get your facts straight before you start making comments.. srsly, that really pissed me off.. Why don't you search for my post history for some of my designs? I bet you really don't know what designing really is and yet you come here and talk about stuff you have no clue of.. thats very sad.

Here is a design I did today, its for wordpress if you know what that is.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2liio85.jpg

Another grunge-style design I recently did for a contest here:
    http://fenixupload.com/files/wjd6iojjfgl21aetvmvg.jpg

Hope thats enough eye-candy for you to look at hah :p
    :)

shinan, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  13. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you have a rival with the same company name in the same industry, but they have the .com address you will probably find you are losing customers - if you tell somebody the address and they later try to remember it, they will naturally put .com and see that web site and possibly use them instead of yourselves. Just wanted to let you know, because it's happened to me and my friends in the past!

Davey.

DaveyBoy, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  14. honestlee

honestlee Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I guess I did miss something, as I thought pixelshark.com was the site you were revamping. So I guess I was overly harsh with you.

But my negative tone came from my belief that it appears as if you have either stiffed all these designers on their work or at the minimum failed to communicate properly with them, this is unarguably true, as evidenced by the posts over the last couple of days.

As far as your designs that you referenced, much better than the Pig design that I had seen previously BUT still look very much like many,many stock templates that I already have in my library (some of them even myspace divs) with perhaps some minor twists....you of course could be very skilled but your two examples were not breathtaking they do show that you have your design principles down solid and are capable with design software regardless of whether you began with a template or not (did you?)

As far as my credentials, I have been a Photoshop and Illustrator User for 10 years. Ive worked for multiple GD companies, small print firms (clients..included UPS,DHL and Several Universities) and have ran a Graphic Design/Printing/Promotion company that consistently employs 6 full time staff and frequently hires other Freelancers for the last 5. My personal company has 5 cd designs that you could find in any national cd outlet (us), and a dvd package that was featured in the Sundance tour....plus your standard small business/up and coming band work.

I am here on DP because I am trying to expand my affiliate business, because in truth, GD services are time intensive,clients are demanding and annoying "i love it but could you make the word rock, a little more, i dont know bubbly?" wtf....the real money actually comes from printing and promotion contracts descending from the original design work,maybe in your case the hosting will prove profitable

I currently have over 100 pages live on the net, many of them in the arts field.

Perhaps you will see my work if I respond to any of these contests, which are a novelty to me, but may be a refreshing change.

I only came down hard on you because it looks as if you are delaying or scamming my fellow artists which I greatly frown upon, particularly as I deal with this type of thing everyday, but at least I have contracts to enforce, these guys would have nothing to protect them.

So apologies are in order for confusing your site, with the site that actually owns pixelshark.com (perhaps you should try and buy it off them) and posting a judgment of your work off of invalid sources.

Pay up..and then Ill be on your side:)In time, maybe even outsource webdesign work to your company, since I hate doing it myself..

15. shinan

shinan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just wanted to say that I don't work with templates, I have over 5 years experience in this field and Im only 16 :) Every piece of my artwork/designs are made from the scratch, 100% original. :) And Im not scamming the entrants, Winner will be paid either tonight or tommorow, end of debate/discussion from my side. :D have a nice day. Oh and btw, I'd love to see some of your web designs.. I like looking at designs, Really inspires me. :)

shinan, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  16. honestlee

honestlee Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well great work, esp for 16, Im 26..I didnt start until I was 16 and I wasnt at your level (and neither was the technology) , nothing wrong with working from templates, but of course your contest design is from a template provided by the OP

hxxp://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/11540.html

But that was a requirement of the contest, but nonetheless my eye was correct in that it is a commonly used format that I had seen many times.

But 16! Great F'n work - Your gonna be a rich bastard someday

17. honestlee

honestlee Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And listen to Daveyboy, dont do pixelshark.org...when pixelshark.com is going to get tons of your traffic, plus they dont deserve it! Come up with a domain based on your tagline instead, and get the .com

18. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm impressed *rolls eyes* 10 whole years!!!

Perhaps - or perhaps you'll be banned for harassment, stalking, trolling, and flaming.. What a short lived career you had. Cya Junior!

TightWad, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  19. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey 10 years is a long time, certainly longer than i've been in the industry! (just! :p)

I do agree it's about time a line was drawn under this contest, just to avoid arguments like the above at least.

DaveyBoy, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  20. honestlee

honestlee Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Tightwad: Perhaps you didnt read anything...I was just responding to the statement that i "didnt know what designing is"...I dont think any of my comments are "trolling"...I actually ended with words of encouragement