1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$75 Corporate Logo! 3 days

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by warsawtech, Aug 10, 2009.

1. MohammadHaja

MohammadHaja Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    OK heres mine!

Please give feedback

[​IMG]

MohammadHaja, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  2. warsawtech

warsawtech Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hecky: Nice, but "Media Group" needs to be included. It's part of the name.

MohammadHaja: Are you new at this? Because it looks fantastic! Do you have any more ideas for a design? If you don't that's fine.

Come on... we're accepting more new entries! Post them if you have them!
    Anyone else want to join in before it's too late?

warsawtech, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  3. MohammadHaja

MohammadHaja Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    MohammadHaja: Are you new at this? Because it looks fantastic! Do you have any more ideas for a design? If you don't that's fine.

Thanks for the GREAT Feedback! I dont understand what you mean "Are you new at this" but Its totally my own idea, I do have loads of ideas!

I will come with more!

MohammadHaja, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  4. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Thanks

Hecky, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  5. oliv3r

oliv3r Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here some new samples..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    oliv3r, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  6. warsawtech

warsawtech Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oliv3r: The "Twin River" fonts used, aren't so professional looking. Could you try some other professional fonts?

Anyone else want to post an entry?

warsawtech, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  7. oliv3r

oliv3r Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've use it beacuse of their construction.. they look like a river...
    Anyway I'll try ti change them ..:)

oliv3r, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  8. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks.....

katesrobyn, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  9. warsawtech

warsawtech Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok, I am sorry this is late. My internet connection was too slow and would not let me load this thread, or anything on DP in that matter. I restarted my computer and relocated it to see if that did the trick. It did. Ok, but what I am trying to get to is:

At approximately 5:27 PM, I got a phone call from Don. He informed me of a client who had backed out and that left him open for the logo. He said he will be creating a logo since he has time now and he wanted me to tell you all. Here is his exact words: "James, ********** has backed out for unknown reasons at this time. I was just calling to let you know that you can close the thread you made at the DP contests forum. I would like to apologize to all who participated and when we need some work done, and can't find time to do it, we will be happy to come back to DP and let the great designers help us out. Next time, I may be feeling generous and double the prize money. And again, I would like to apologize and I am sorry about this. We may be having another contest shortly. So keep an eye out.

warsawtech, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  10. ipdesign

ipdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    so?
    what do you mean sir?
    didn't anyone win in this contest??

ipdesign, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  11. warsawtech

warsawtech Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok, I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but I will make it shorter and I forgot to add something also.

A client backed out.
    Don has free time now.
    He says he will make a logo.
    I told him about the excellent entries. And for him to check them out. And even asked him to send the $75 to my PayPal account.
    He said: "No, I will just make one.
    And what I said last: "It is too hard to get you to agree on almost everything. Why can't you just pay the best designer that entered?"
    And he said "Because we have a very limited budget right now, and I have a house call to make in the morning, in Des Moines."

So, nobody "won" this contest, but when I get money in my account, I will host another contest and that time someone will win and get paid.

warsawtech, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  12. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There is a combined effort here of about 20+ hours work, which has gone to waste. To be honest, I think that in order to start a contest you should have the prize money in your paypal/bank and have that money for the sole purpose of spending it on the winning entry. It's really quite easy to just write a post and start this contest but it's a real commitment for designers to take part.

I realize it's not your fault though, your feedback and keeping the contest updated was very good.

Hecky, Aug 14, 2009 IP
    Exa likes this.
  13. cheesy

cheesy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree with the above statment, thought its not your fault, you should have made sure you had the money to guarentee a winner, a lot of time and effort was put into these logos and it's a shame to see some of them go to waste.

cheesy, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  14. BishopStill

BishopStill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    Allthough i agree with Hecky and Cheesy and their statments, believe me, no one will enter your future contests after this. We, the designers, have spent time on your graphics for nothing, time that could be used for other works. I really believe this contest was a runnaway from the start, otherwise, Don, being a designer like us, should know the efforts that we put in this and, in respect for us, the other designers like him, should have chosen to pay the 75 bucks. It's not a lot of money and for a busy designer that you say he is, $75 would meant nothing.

Anyway, another work down the drain on DP. Damn!

PS. When "Don" comes up with a logo, can you please show it to us? At least this little you can do for us. BTW, i'll be watching closely your twin river site and i really hope i won't see a logo that will look like one from here.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    BishopStill, Aug 14, 2009 IP
    Exa likes this.
  15. RickHedge

RickHedge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is a joke right, this is why this whole contest thing is iffy. I say you pick someone and pay them wether or not you use their logo. This was a contest, there should be a winner. Warsawtech and Don can go suck some big ones.

Steal one of these logos, warsawtech I dare you.

ps you guys are a web development and graphic design company, seems the first thing you should have done when you decided on your name was create a logo. if you can't even do that for yourself who would want to buy your services

RickHedge, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  16. Feizar

Feizar Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hecky what makes you think that They were not just stealing our ideas ? Ripping us off our creativity ?? If you host a contest here on digitalpoint, you should have the money ready before hand and pay the person who wins.
    I was hesitated to enter a contest with 75 $ and the CH having zero itrader... but oh well.:(

Feizar, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  17. scorpionagency

scorpionagency Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    It would be nice if the CH would at least give all the designers that spent time on designs a +1 iTrader & +1 Rep for participating.... Can we at least get that much gratitude as a thank you please?

scorpionagency, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  18. Gorgon

Gorgon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not spent too much time on this contest because I got something else to do. Lucky maybe. But this kind of CH makes me think more than twice to give my valuable time and effort at DP. This is not the first time. And it happens exactly in 3 days, the time frame CH give us until the contest close.

Gorgon, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  19. RickHedge

RickHedge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry but this contest thread is a joke. The majority of "designers" on here are weekenders, amateurs who THINK they are designers. Then the CH's wouldn't know a good logo if it bit them in the @$$, no my logo wasn't that great on this one because I was iffy about it from the beginning. I didn't want to waste loads of time coming up with something. And then what is stopping another designer from stealing someone else's idea and making it better just to win. The files need to be hidden from the participants until the contest is over. and the CH should PAY SOMEONE for winning even if they pull out 3 days into the contest.

RickHedge, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  20. scorpionagency

scorpionagency Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I disagree about hidden files, as I also think that a CH should be protected from copyright infringing (wannabe) designers that are using clipart (which is against the terms of clipart use to be used in a logo in the first place) in a concept.

A designer can "NOT" transfer full 100% unique copyrights over to a paying CH if they didn't create it 100% them self. I have seen WAY more copyright infringements on DP forums from designers than CH's taking designs without paying for them.

So I am in support of all submissions remaining in the thread & visible so that an infringement can be pointed out (with evidence "Valid Proof") to help protect the CH from being sued later for it.

Sure, It kinda sucks when a CH backs out of a contest near the end & nobody gets paid. Leaves a bad taste in designers mouths, but the solution is not to hide the concepts which would then place ALL ch's at risk of buying an illegal (infringing) concept that the designer did NOT own all rights to.

Why do you think the contests on DP are only paying $5.00 - $75.00 on average? Because most the top paying CH's (Clients) have been burned buying bogus designs from here & will never come back. It's sad really.

scorpionagency, Aug 14, 2009 IP