1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$60 Logo Contest via Paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by fapsian, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raghav

raghav Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    One thing that i am very much sure of, is that he came here to get the ideas only..Everything else in my opinion is fake.

raghav, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  2. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sure there is no stealing of images happened here in this contest because I know who created the logo. It's my friend. ;)

Fapsian did gave her more project because I think he really like non_sequitir work. :D

Yes, watermarks should be implemented always if your joining a contest like these.

Bondat, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  3. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why donesn't a mod just check when fapsian received the PM from the winner , compare times etc and see if fapsian is right or not ?

seopup, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  4. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Because this is a democracy. AND mod's can't check your PM's (which is why they are called "Private" Messages).

AND, From what I've seen, no one was ripped off, so I'm not really in for a witch hunt...

ViciousSummer, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  5. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Exactly democracy and not Anarchy . Democracy also means limitation of rights ;) .

There is no rule without without exceptions . Maybe this guy is right maybe not but all guys who participated in this contest they think they were ripped off so some light on this would be nice .

Just my 2c

seopup, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  6. xpressions

xpressions Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How about simply allowing posters to be able to edit/delete their entries/posts? I don't think that's much to ask for....

xpressions, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  7. Tombo100

Tombo100 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think the term is caveat emptor. While the contest holder may not have been the most forthcoming and could have laid out the ground rules better, those that contributed to the contest did so at their own volition.

There is a big difference between a DP contest and one put up by a random poster.

However, those that contributed have the opportunity to have their work seen, and how these people reacted tell a good deal about their character and if you want to work with them in the future.

Tombo100, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  8. RaduTRIFAN

RaduTRIFAN Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    heh ... I'll just sell my logo entry then :)

RaduTRIFAN, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  9. AngelaR

AngelaR Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "One last thing. This was never a "DigitalPoint Contest" like you said. It was held by the thread starter. "

What I meant by this was that it was held at Digital Point, not being a Digital Point contest persay. :)

Tombo100 said: "However, those that contributed have the opportunity to have their work seen, and how these people reacted tell a good deal about their character and if you want to work with them in the future."

This has nothing to do with a persons character. And has nothing to do with being a sore loser. Its about principal. Its about respect for people who put hard work into something that they know might not be chosen in the end, but put forth a valiant effort to participate. I think the way we reacted was called for, and hopefully a new set of rules will be laid down for all new contest holders to follow from now on. As designers we need to be able to feel somewhat protected from theft, and have some sort of reassurance that contest holders will atleast provide feedback. Or atleast say, Hey this isnt what Im looking for. That could have at least been said. I would also agree that private messages should not be allowed to be used when submitting an entry. Maybe as the previous poster said we can allow follow a new set of guidelines and have them pinned on this board?

AngelaR, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  10. activeimedia

activeimedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    now its time to take a deep breath everyone....

with all these posts arguing, you could have easily made that $60 doing something constructive

activeimedia, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  11. SNiiP3R

SNiiP3R Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    eh :confused: this thread has grown into a huge argument. Are there any mods or this section is not moderated ?

SNiiP3R, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  12. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Yes, actually, three mods have participated in this thread. I was trying to get to the bottom of this, but it appears that the only "wrong doing" was that some of you thought that the original poster was rude in not explaining who won right off the bat. So, with that said, I'll be happy to close this thread.

ViciousSummer, Nov 29, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.