1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

6-yr Old Domain, No Alexa, No Pr

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Kamiru, Jan 20, 2013.

I have a domain, which I bought back when I was 11 years old (5 years 11 months 9 days ago) which was a personal site, turned dump site. I have been renewing the domain for the last 5 years, even without any revenue out of it, due to the fact that it was my first domain, had sentimental value whatsoever. But recently, I thought that I have just been wasting my money on renewing it, and now, I'm having double thoughts on keeping it... Any thoughts please?

Domain name is sour-cream.org

Kamiru, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  2. puravidacr47

puravidacr47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there, I understand perfectly about sentimental feelings for a domain for one or another reason, have been there and done it. Until my mentor guy told me - NEVER get married to a domain or website. When the time and the price is right - sell it.
    i followed that advise, even had to change my hosting accounts settings several times, because I sold the main domain name. So for your domain - sell it. You can buy more and rinse and repeat, and recover some of the money you paid for renewals.

puravidacr47, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  3. teper

teper Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try selling the domain at different marketplace like sedo, afternic. and see if you can receive any offers on it.

teper, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  4. deathzone27

deathzone27 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes you can try to sell that

deathzone27, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  5. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to suggest you to keep the site and try new ideas with your domain. Try to turn the domain into your profitable business! Nowadays domain name doesn't matter at all. Concentrate on a niche. Add valuable content. Build great backlinks and i'm pretty sure you can build the domain into an authority blog/website.. All you need to do is put your 100% hard work and effort!

VisionzZolution, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  6. Scrollbar

Scrollbar Member

Best Answers:
    Your domain name is quite nice, I understand your sentimental feeling towards your first domain name; we all passed through this phase. ;)

You basically have two solutions ahead:
    • Sell it in a domain marketplace: The name itself is oportunistic and if you ever decide to get rid of it, it can sell quite fast.
    • Design something great out of it, as the gentleman said above.
    Good luck; I hope you come up with something really cool!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Scrollbar, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  7. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    What i would like to add here is.. Always get yourself motivated and make the impossibles to possibles! Impossible = I'm possible! Remember this!

VisionzZolution, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  8. edgarphs

edgarphs Active Member

Best Answers:
    who buys a domain name Sour-Cream at age 11... lol and yes get rid of it.

edgarphs, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  9. GadgetsFactory

GadgetsFactory Peon

Best Answers:
    What I like about this domain is that it has a page rank of 1. It will be great if you can say install a WordPress on it and turn it into a blog. It may start making some money for you as well.

GadgetsFactory, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  10. mallspice

mallspice Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please leave you sentiments and try to earn with the domain, create an website with this niche, and add articles and improve traffic, your dreams will really make you happy with some bucks.
    Good Luck!

mallspice, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  11. webmaster.

webmaster. Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your feeling, better write articles and try for Ads it better way than selling.

Thanks

webmaster., Jan 29, 2013 IP
  12. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would suggest throwing wordpress on there with a few posts related to "sour cream"..You should still be able to sell it since it has some age - but the domain isn't that great..and it's a .ORG

I don't think the name will sell by itself..You should probably do some kind of development on it before you try selling..Just my 2 cents!

FPForum, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  13. Postedhere

Postedhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think you can make more ifyou develop the domain first, then sell it. Perhaps a recipe site. Good luck!

Postedhere, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  14. Anand85

Anand85 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sedo and Afternic is the best Examples for selling domains or you can post in digital point forum Marketplace in Domains section, Many Active user are online there and surely you will get best price for your domain name.

Anand85, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  15. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    the keywords is quite nice just the domain extension end with .org might affect the value of the domain name.
    What value of your domain is contain keywords and 5 years age of domain name.
    What bad about the domain is end with org domain extension , using datch in domain and PR 1 and alexa ranking.
    I believe will have people buy it for website and blog and share about recipe.

JerrickYeoh, Feb 14, 2013 IP