1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

6 Tips on how to increase site traffic/visitors/hits.

Discussion in 'Google' started by Alex129, Jan 11, 2009.

I found a voracious craze among all bloggers to increase their site traffic. Many bloggers succeed, but some of them do have problems. Even succeeded bloggers are always in search of new trick to increase their traffic and visitors.

Site visitors are core part for any site to become successful. So, i thought of starting on my blogging hacks section by writing an article on hottest topic in bloggers…Tips to increase site visitors and traffic. I will inform you 6 tricks and i am sure that if you implement them, you will see a dramatic rise in your site traffic.

So lets start…
    Tips to increase site traffic/visitor:
    1: Use of meta tags:

Meta tags help in almost doubling your site traffic….its my personal experience. For example, suppose, you are just a new blogger and receiving almost 300 hits/ visitors per day without use of meta tags…then after use of meta tags, you’ll receive your daily visitors around 550-600. No joking, its my personal experience. The two things to be followed in using meta tags are:

1. Meta tags content should be most relevant to your site and

2. Meta tags should contain popular keywords which will drive heavy traffic to your site.

If you are using meta tags, but not receiving good traffic, then dude, just recheck your meta tag content and optimize it as explained above.

2.Use of approapriate keywords:

If you want to receive good amount of traffic/visitors from search engines, then you should have good search position in search engine results possibly in 1-20 positions. For this, use of meta tags alongwith good concentration of keywords in articles is necessary. This concentration of keywords should be optimum as overuse may lead to penalization by search engines as you are considered a spammer. You can use good “keyword detection tool” to know the approapriate keywords to be used. Even Google adwords perfectly serves this purpose.

Just find your proper keywords and then sprinkle these keywords in your article. Remember to add decent amount of keywords at start and end of article. This helps you in achieving good position in search engine results.

3. Submit articles to directories:

Submitting articles to directories help us in increasing site visitors/hits in two ways:

a. First of all, we receive visitors from the directories itself ie if i submit my article to say ezine articles directory, then i am bound to receive visitors from “ezine articles”.

b. The second reason is actually more important and that is Pagerank(PR). Articles submission helps in improving your site PR as it helps in increasing your pagerank. Larger the pagerank, larger the site traffic.

Here’s is a list of directories i use the most:

Ezineartilces

humsurfer.com

indiasphere.net

wikio.com

tipd.com

mixx.com

digg.com

stumbleupon.com

and i will be adding more to list. I currently recieve more than 225 visitors collectively from these sites(directories).

4. Social bookmarking:

Nowadays, every netizen is well approached with this term. I found many bloggers neglecting this social bookmarking. Infact, few days back, even i was one of them. Then i was asked one of my blogger friend to add social bookmarking widget to my blog Hacking N Cracking Tips. I added the widget and after a month, i received good traffic.

I will post an article on method how to add social bookmarking widget to blog in next few days.

5. Feeds:

Feeds are actually meant for attracting traffic by just allowing them to read your articles or only titles and they’ll visit your site to read the full content. Also, feeds is popular medium to remind visitors of new articles. So ask your visitors to subscribe to your feeds or enter their email ids so that they never miss your articles and even u’ll keep receiving thier visits.

6.Title optimisation:

For my site Hacking N Cracking tips, i was having title “Ethical hacker”. In those days, i wasn’t receiving many hits. I used to wonder why i was not receiving good amount of visitors. Then i read an article about seo and decided to change my site title to “Hacking N Cracking Tips”. It was then, i got the desired traffic. So, title optimisation is essential. Also, take care that your blog/site title contains most popular keywords relevant to your site..

So friends, thats it. After you will implement on all these tricks, you will get the traffic you dream of. Remember, search engine optimisation is never ending process. But, it is necessary that you start well and in the right way to increase your site traffic/visitors. If you have any rare trick not mentioned in post, please share with all in comments section.

For more blogging tips, visit my site Hack And Crack...

Enjoy Blogging…..

Alex129, Jan 11, 2009 IP
    M3rC and JoyGoRound like this.
  2. piak1911a

piak1911a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you, useful info.

piak1911a, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  3. Jsky

Jsky Banned

Best Answers:
    The most important tips : Quality website content that provides useful info to the visitors :)

Jsky, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  4. InspiredWriting

InspiredWriting Member

Best Answers:
    All good stuff, but I totally agree with Jsky.

Too many webmasters focus on tricks to get people to their site, without actually giving them a real reason for wanting to be there (and keep coming back).
    The really successful sites have return visitors because they provide great content, they fill a need in people's lives rather than just attempting to get random clicks from passing traffic.

SEO is not really an end in its own right, but only a way to enhance your already existing (and hopefully useful) web presence.

InspiredWriting, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  5. eddysu

eddysu Peon

Best Answers:
    useful tips. your hacking website is awesome

eddysu, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  6. JeddahBikers

JeddahBikers Guest

Best Answers:
    Good tips , Thank you

JeddahBikers, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  7. simstar

simstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Some excellent tips posted here. Nothing new but explained well and may bring attention of those who may not have ventured into submitting articles, social bookmarking etc.

simstar, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  8. thehustler

thehustler Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips thanks

thehustler, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  9. rose687

rose687 Peon

Best Answers:
    good and useful indo

rose687, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  10. marketstudent

marketstudent Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips. Thanks very much.

marketstudent, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  11. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i will apply these tips on my seo site.

lindamood1, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  12. Australianfranchises

Australianfranchises Peon

Best Answers:
    Sharing the nice tips mate.

Australianfranchises, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  13. genuineseo

genuineseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips mate. Good.

genuineseo, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  14. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice tips especially the directory list which m looking for.

rena, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  15. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got four blogs. The one blog where I post mostly original content, and update regularly, has way more traffic than the others.

Chrissy17, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  16. Alex129

Alex129 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey friends...i forgot to mention propeller.com to article submission list...Can also bring high traffic to ur site.

Alex129, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  17. ofir12

ofir12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very high quality tips ! thank you I will use them in my blog.

ofir12, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  18. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, can you explain to me how to feed just the titles? Sometimes my titles are pretty big on their own and I'm curious about your method.

Also, how can one be lucky enough to know it is time rearrange the name of his site?

I mean, can you tell why you think your old title was not as appealing as the new one? Is it because you didn't sugar coat the message?

Karen May Jones, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  19. marki8

marki8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    update content with related news today... just that.. it will boost your traffic :p

marki8, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  20. Pedrovsky

Pedrovsky Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice tips.
    More a directory
    dihitt.com.br( portuguese and brazilian only) :D

Pedrovsky, Jan 30, 2009 IP