1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

50GB bandwidth/month = how many visits?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by devin, Feb 8, 2006.

i don't know which forum to post this in. so pls forgive me. 50GB bandwidth roughly translates into how many visits?

devin, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  2. mihaidamianov

mihaidamianov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That definitely depends on content! Please specify what that is: is it a discussion forum, an article database, a picture storage service, a download website, a funny movies website? All these have different bandwidths ratings.

Also, it's not the bandwidth that brings you more visitors, it's the content and the advertising.

mihaidamianov, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  3. winny

winny Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, and also how many pageview per user could help you determine the usage of your bandwidth.

winny, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  4. Lunatic

Lunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    This could be one user downloading 50GB of files. It's even impossible to guess here.

Lunatic, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  5. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    50 GB per months is what i have approx = 250k visitors per month = approx 5 million hits

hans, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  6. boohlick

boohlick Banned

Best Answers:
    How I wish i got that stat in my site :D

boohlick, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  7. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    boohlick
    everything in life is possible for all
    just a question of time, efforts, work and thus motivation to reach a particular goal worthy to be achieved
    9 years full time content creating some 30'000+ hrs of work and all is there whatever you wish or need
    including adsense $

hans, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  8. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    I use around 200gb per month for around 1 million visitors each month so that would equal around 250,000 visitors for every 50gb that I use. It varies though I dont offer downloads, that could eat up a lot of your bandwith if you offer large images/downloads etc so its impossible to say but around quarter of a mill would be average.

sji2671, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  9. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    sorry for not specifying. actually it's because i want to know which hosting plan to pick. my site is an info site. people have nothing to do at my site except to read the articles there.

devin, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  10. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For 50 gigs, people just visiting and reading, not downloading, you can get a lot of visitors!

I have sites that at most use 5 gigs per month with up to 2500 people per day visiting.

I also have sites that have downloads and I can burn up 50 gigs in no time!
    EG...an ebook package that is 100mb download, that can burn up gigs in a very short order!

iowadawg, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  11. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    that's alot of visitors! thanks for the info. so it's okay to use an add-on domain then...there' won't be bandwidth shortage. that's what i wanted to know. :)

devin, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  12. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    another question: if i were to insert a chatroom feature in my site, then the bandwidth may not be enough?

devin, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  13. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No one can tell you apart from yourself. It all depends on how big your pages are. If your pages with all the content and images included in them were 50kb's each then you would roughly get around 1,000,000 page impressions.

Then if your visitors browsers use some sort of caching then it could even be more I guess.

Then you may have search engine robots crawling your sites which will make you have less pageviews.

So as you can see there are many different things that can change the amount of pageviews your site will receive.

john269, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  14. mohdsoft

mohdsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    The bandwith doesn't really have anything to do with the number of visitors. I have a website with around 1000 unique visitors a day BUT they consume 800 Gigs/month. So?

mohdsoft, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  15. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    mohdsoft bandwidth has everything to do with the amount of visitors that you can get to your site. If you had no bandwidth, then you can't show them any of your sites files, which means your site will just be down.

Your right in the you can estimate the amount of traffic that you will get. As there are things like search engine robots, false hits and things that just consume quite a bit of it.

john269, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  16. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    If you host videos or big downloads thats nothing.... i got a site offering 1MB-4MB files for download with 500 uniques daily it consumes 1-4GB!

Seiya, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  17. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you can make your website pages and images as small as possible in file size then you will be able to get more pageviews per mb of bandwidth.

Making your pages as small as possible doesn't only increase your bandwidth, it also increase your page loading time, which is also a major gain.

john269, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  18. search_engine_optimizer

search_engine_optimizer Peon

Best Answers:
    It totally depends who many visitor you have per day and what is the average size of each page e.g. if average size of your page is 50kb, and you website has 20000 pages visited per day then you can afford 50kb * 20000 = 1000MB or 1 GB per day and 30 GB per month. Hopefully you understand now. If your page size is less then you can affor more visitors, vice versa less.

search_engine_optimizer, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  19. MrPoloShirt

MrPoloShirt Peon

Best Answers:
    devin, It all depends on how big each page is (in file size).

Some people's pages can be 5kb, others can be 200kb.

It's not about page views, just total number of files accessed.

MrPoloShirt, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  20. weblaunch

weblaunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to take a look at your stats. Some of my sites get a few GB's just from search bots alone.

weblaunch, Sep 30, 2006 IP