1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

500 visits with no sales . . need advice

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by missed, Sep 13, 2012.

I started a blog about new kindle fire HD in the moment it is released by amazon , wrote some posts and had some backlinks. The blog received 500 visitors in 3 days from twitter and related blog commenting , 32 clicks on amazon links but with no sales . need advice from experts please and thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    missed, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  2. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The people who usually are successful with those sorts of products are covering them on their site before the launch. Also, 32 click throughs is really not enough to produce a sale on a higher priced product that has been covered to death by the big players in the tablet/gadget niche.

freelancewebaz, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  3. missed

missed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    so how much click throughs is a start for making a sale, ,sorry for much questions I am new in online marketing

missed, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  4. freelancewebaz

Best Answers:
    I've found that once you hit about 100-200 clicks a sale comes through for even the crappy reviews I've written. On better ones and products that are lower priced I've see sales in the first 20 clicks for a few products.

5. missed

missed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot and If you can make me a favor and take a look at my blog and tell me your opinion

missed, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  6. thehighnumbers

thehighnumbers Peon

Best Answers:
    what this means is your blog did not persuade the readers to pull out their wallet and buy. I checked your blog and it didnt make me want to buy it. You did cover the features of the device but there was nothing there that made me want to buy the thing. There was no "I got to have it" feeling. Your blog failed to asked the reader for the sale!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    thehighnumbers, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  7. missed

missed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So I put the link of my blog to hear your opinions and advice !!

missed, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  8. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have only 3 posts! Come on now, there's no way you're going to make money this way. You need lots of posts, lots of click throughs. I have 500 click throughs this month so far and only 10 sales. Last night I blew up on reddit had 1,000+ hits to my site sirjorge.net, and managed no sales. That site has nearly 500 posts, tons of SEO dollars spent on it, and the best i got was adsense and microsoft ad money.

If you seriously want to sell Kindles, stand out. Post content like "free kindle books" or even offer a kindle free. I for one am giving away a kindle on my site, and so far only 7 entries. There's just that much competition out there.

My advice, either outsource or write more content, lots more content.

sirjorgeofculver, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  9. thehighnumbers

thehighnumbers Peon

Best Answers:
    what this means is your blog did not persuade the readers to pull out their wallet and buy.

thehighnumbers, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  10. freelancewebaz

Best Answers:
    You can make money with only a single post if the product isn't competitive and you can get on page one of the SERPs but for a Kindle you need to have more than that. If you had one of them you could do real reviews showing how to get the most from it, which apps and hacks are available for it, books of interest, etc. Like I always tell people, focus on benefits of owning a product rather than features. If I just want to read about it's features I'll go to Arstechnica, Tech Crunch, or Mashable to read it; not a blogger site.

@sirjorgeofculver - Reddit traffic sucks at converting into ad clicks or Amazon sales. I've had posts bring in 1000+ visitors and made less than $2 on the whole thing.

11. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree. I've just finished a tutorial how to make web ad videos and the host keeps repeating to focus on the benefits rather than the features.

Philvault, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  12. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I took a look at your blog I thought:

Reasonable amount of information but a lot less than I could find at Amazon

All it is telling me is that there is a new tablet on the market, but I've been told that by every medium including television and radio.

It's a free blog, so the owner isn't confident enough in his blog to pay for a bit of hosting.

There's nothing here that makes me want to buy it.

PaulSch, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  13. Anthony84

Anthony84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your articles need to be able to persuade the reader to make a purchase. There should be call to actions on your pages.

You will need to have a lot more content on your site and try to set up your pages into sales funnels. With one article get the reader interested in the product. With the next article tell the reader the benefits and functions of the product. On the next article this should convince the reader that they NEED the said item. From here they will click your buy it now links and will make a purchase

Anthony84, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  14. bestreads

bestreads Peon

Best Answers:
    do some re-adjustment on your copywriting sales pitch and in my experience my conversion rates are 1:40 on some of my sites and in some others 1:5, it all depends on the sites demography and sales pitch coupled with design mechanics, goodluck

bestreads, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  15. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have a think also about who your visitors are. What mindset are they in? If they are just researching about the kindle they won't be in the "buying" mindset.

A good way to think about it is this example (for search traffic, but the principle applies to social traffic). If you promote recipe books and you target the keyword "tom yam kuung recipe" then 99% of those visitors will expect to find a free recipe in your website. If you target the keyword "thai food cookbook" then you can expect that the majority of those visitors are considering buying a cookbook.

freshdevelopment, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  16. Jaack_Dawson

Jaack_Dawson Member

Best Answers:
    twitter traffic is not quality traffic at all.even you got 1000 visits you no need to expect the sales.that is just a ping traffic.

Jaack_Dawson, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  17. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    reddit is a nice ego boost, but you're right, conversions suck; i just got a few thousand visitors to a post, but again i was saved by ad links from projectwonderful and adsense, so i keep hitting the well just for that

sirjorgeofculver, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  18. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    try to get more traffic

formula: more traffic = more sales

ktp2012, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  19. tudorache.alexandru08

tudorache.alexandru08 Peon

Best Answers:
    This also happened to me. Last month I had 32 clicks with 6 sales. This month spet 1st til sept 18th I've got 56 clciks with 0 sales. Can't understand why.

tudorache.alexandru08, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  20. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Best Answers:
    Whilst this is a new product you're promoting, the visitors that you receive are probably just random visitors and not buyers. In the unlikely event that you were on page one of Google for the keyword phrase "Kindle Fire" then, you would get a more targeted audience and people ready to buy the item.

Getting targeted v random visitors makes a huge difference between conversion rates and sales, so always aim to promote products with a realistic chance of dominating page one of Google.

Mark :)

shmeeko69, Sep 20, 2012 IP