1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $50 USD ThreadHunters T-Shirt Site

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by davidcubed, Sep 20, 2018.

1. jeproox

jeproox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    th34.png

jeproox, Sep 21, 2018 IP
  2. weirdXtreme

weirdXtreme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Another try...

[​IMG]

weirdXtreme, Sep 22, 2018 IP
  3. Qwest Graphics

Qwest Graphics Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Qwest Graphics, Sep 22, 2018 IP
  4. Gp singh

Gp singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    demo.jpg

Gp singh, Sep 22, 2018 IP
  5. Gp singh

Gp singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thread-hunter-1.jpg

6. Gp singh

Gp singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your feedback...
    thread-hunter.jpg

7. davidcubed

davidcubed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good morning everyone!

@getdomain4u - Much improved though I still think much of the sword detail would be lost in the header of a website. All my best!

@collegerut - I feel you trying, but none of those fonts really work for me. Your first font was probably the closest in feel. I do like the shirt now with the dark blue and the small green outline/shadow. :)

@jeproox - Welcome. Not really feeling the grunge/dirt pattern over top of it. The blue is a bit too purple for me. And Hunters should be in a non-cursive font. Otherwise, good entry.

@wincaya - Cool concept. I know that you made the S larger to try to balance it better, but it just sticks out weirdly for me. Also, I know it might be weird, but can you try one with the sword handle above the e so the blade is going through the e and down into the word? It would mean that it wouldn't have to extend so far below the rest of the logo, but I wonder if it'll lose the apparent t meaning... I think all of the characters of Hunters can be the same size too... Bold colour choices with the red and that almost electric blue.

@jetproox (2nd and 3rd submissions) - None of these feels as good as your first submission, despite including a weapon. The only good news in these is that you followed the brief a bit closer and have Hunters in a bold font, unfortunately, not one I like. The N looks too wide and stands out far too much.

@weirdXtreme - That's cool. If you are going to use an axe for the T in hunters, can you also include it as a silhouette on the shirt? Can you also try some different fonts for Hunters? I am really looking for something fairly blocky and bold. I love your font for Thread, and I like your colour choice. I think the axe for the T is cool, though don't be afraid to play with it's size... maybe even making it big enough to overlap the word Thread a bit and feel free to play with angles, a slight tilt one way or another might give it some extra "oomph".

@Qwest Graphics - I see what you did there with the needle, but I feel like there isn't a ton of payoff. Maybe if it was layered on top of half a t-shirt? I notice your concept doesn't include colour, and it would be really nice if it did. I like the font you have for Hunters, but can you make it a bit more bold? And your font for Thread is just "okay". The strings on your bow should really taper at the ends where they connect so it doesn't feel so strange. Very cool concept.

@Gp singh - Very cool. I like the word, Hunter, (it should be Hunters) though the long line under the H is a bit excessive. I don't really feel that the font used for Thread fits well here and feels a bit tacked on. Maybe try some different fonts and don't be afraid to overlap the words a bit. The arrow coming out of the T is really cool and interesting colour choices. I'm indifferent between having the white space between the letter colours and the border and not. Which way do you lean and why?

davidcubed, Sep 22, 2018 IP
  8. collegerut

collegerut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    CH. thanks for the feedback. Here is an update based on your comment. I found a cleaner line font that is still bold. I used the shirt with blue an light green outline.
    Feedback welcomed
    [​IMG]

collegerut, Sep 22, 2018 IP
  9. Qwest Graphics

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    Giving a try with this font again, will probably make a few variations just to try out, but I wanna see if I can make it pop before I try others.
    Thanks for the swift and detailed feedback

10. Qwest Graphics

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    I think the idea of in-between the company and close customers could just call it "TH" for short.

11. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Further Simplified

[​IMG]

getdomain4u, Sep 22, 2018 IP
  12. Qwest Graphics

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    Made some adjustments on the icon for balance. I feel I really like that the logo stylistically looks split, lemme know what you think.

13. Gp singh

Gp singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for feedback CH, some changes are...
    Decreased the line under the letter H, change the font style for Thread, remove the white space between the letters color for that I'm just trying some different.
    thread-hunter-2.jpg

14. davidcubed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @collegerut - Looking great. Can I get some minor letter spacing adjustments? Can you separate the T from the h in Thread a bit more, and can you make sure the T in Hunters isn't connecting with the other letters? It would be nice if all the letters had the same spacing visually for Hunters.

@Qwest Graphics - I'm going to go right to your latest submission with the half shirt and bow as that's my favourite one. Can you do a normal bow and not a needle for yours? And can you have the bow flipped around so the arrow is pointing out to the right? I like the half-shirt/bow concept a lot. As for your typography. I'm not entirely feeling either font, can you try a few other combinations? Your colours are really interesting to me, but I'm a bit worried about how they go together. I feel like the blue is skewing a little too purple...?

@Gp singh - Ouch the "s" in Hunters doesn't look good at all with that font, eh? Can I have you get rid of the line under the H completely and move the word Thread to the left so it actually precedes the H by a bit? I feel like that might give it the punch. I've thought a ton about your colour choice and it might be a bit too retro with the brown toned red and the yellow... Can you try some blues or turquoises?

15. davidcubed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @getdomain4u - Whoops, I didn't mean to leave you out. Your latest concept looks pretty amazing. I think it would look good used without the swords and shield. I think it looks good with them. I'm really impressed. I can't think of anything I'd like to see you do differently at this time. I think you leave your entry as is until judging at the end.

16. Quellculate

Quellculate Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi David,

Please see attached my revised design.
    I look forward to your response!

[​IMG]

Quellculate, Sep 22, 2018 IP
  17. collegerut

collegerut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    David, as you requested. I moved the "T" in thread away from the "h".
    Also, adjustment space between the hunters
    Feedback is welcomed.
    [​IMG]

collegerut, Sep 22, 2018 IP
  18. jeproox

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    again,
    tdp.png

jeproox, Sep 22, 2018 IP
  19. davidcubed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Quellculate - I know you are trying to add some pizazz to your design, but I actually think the re wrapping around the T is too much. I think it could look really good without that. I love the type for both thread and hunters. I love the sword that doesn't draw too much attention to itself. I think you've made it plenty easy to read by seperating out the two words and making the brackets to enclose hunters by using the T and D is cool.

@collegerut - Can't think of anything you'd need to change at this point man. It looks really good. Thank you for your submission.

@jeproox - So the chrome thing or two tone thing isn't working for me. The sword handle and hilt look okay but the blade looks wonky. The font you are using for Hunters looks okay, but the E looks wide to me... Having the word Thread overlap Hunters is fine by me and looks okay.

davidcubed, Sep 23, 2018 IP
  20. jeproox

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for your feedback,
    this is my revision
    tt12.png

jeproox, Sep 23, 2018 IP