1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

50$ Church Logo Contest payment via paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Jul 26, 2008.

Hey guys,

I need a new logo for a friend. It's for a church logo.

The requirements:

MUST BE A CONSERVATIVE LOOKING LOGO

MUST INCLUDE A BIBLE AND/OR A DOVE

THE NAME OF THE LOGO IS: BETANIA ROMANIAN APOSTOLIC PENTECOSTAL CHURCH

Would like the name of the logo to be in some kind of a circle wrapped around the logo if possible

COLORS: something conservative such as maroon and brown
    These are just suggestions but here's what they suggested: either a dove or a cross and then have a Bible on top of the dove or the cross.

Winner gets $50 via paypal.

WARNING: unless you can handle the stress then please don't enter. What I mean by that is that the logo will have to be approved by a "committee" and it may take a while before I come back with the winner. Nevertheless I will always provide feedback but ultimately the decision will not be mine.

Winner will be required to provide original artwork in a psd or vector and may also have to do some alterations once winning design is chosen.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. As an example of a conservative logo I am attaching one below which even though it looks great in my opinion for some strange reason the "committee" could not agree (some thought the cross should have been wider, others thought the Bible should have been almost up standing, etc). The guy who did the logo below got paid for it so that is why I am showing it here.

[​IMG]

proteindude, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  2. Hetzenauer

Hetzenauer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wow... i'm first to post.
    [​IMG]

Hetzenauer, Jul 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi guys. I already received an entry via pm. While I prefer entries in the thread you guys have your own reason for sending the entries via pm. I will gladly receive entries via pm (I still prefer in the thread).

Hetzenauer: thanks mate for being the first to post. I will surely present it to that committee and I can't speak on their behalf as they may see it differently. So i can only give you MY opinion. it looks good but I think the word Betania should stand out a little more and the whole design would need to be a little more compact somehow. By that I mean perhaps place the dove in the middle of the Bible and then perhaps move the text right above the Bible in the center. Please don't feel obliged to do any changes. I am just simply stating MY opinion but will let you know what the other dudes are thinking (it's their decision). Also I am not sure they will go with actual photos. Photos may look good but I think they prefer a logo. But then again, I will check and will let you know.

proteindude, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  4. Hetzenauer

Hetzenauer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    version 2:
    [​IMG]

Hetzenauer, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  5. itrungs

itrungs Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wait for my entry

itrungs, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    itrungs: thanks for considering this. There is no hurry. I will let this run for a few days as I will have to show the designs to the guys and they are the ones that will make a decision.

hetzenauer: thanks for the alterations. I will let you know what the guys think as soon as I hear back from them.

pm entries: thanks to everyone who sent entries via pm. I already replied to each one of you and will let you guys know as soon as I hear back.

Although I have received about 3 entries via pm, this competition is open to anyone considering it.

7. jackieh1791

jackieh1791 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi. Thanks for the contest. Here is my first try. 100% vector.

[​IMG]

jackieh1791, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    jackieh1791: thanks for the try. although I am not the one making the decision and I will present it to the guys the logo does not seem to have any Christian elements in it such as a cross or the dove. So I guess what I am saying is the logo needs to be Christianised a little more.

9. jackieh1791

jackieh1791 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback. You said it must include a bible or a dove, so that is why I left out the cross. But anyway, here it is with a cross to make it more Christian.

[​IMG]

jackieh1791, Jul 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    jackieh1791; definitely more Christian now. Thanks for the alterations. Again, I will show it to the guys and they will make their opinion known. I like the fonts you used very much but I think the actual Bible and cross is just a little plain. You hearm me say this quite a few times: I am only giving MY opinion but will let you know once the guys who make the decision will look at it.

11. matchstick

matchstick Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PROFESSIONAL AND SLICK LOGO

watermarked
    [​IMG]
    watermarked

matchstick, Jul 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  12. turns

turns Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My First Try

Attached Files:

turns, Jul 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  13. itrungs

itrungs Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here is my entry .. color scheme will change though

[​IMG]

itrungs, Jul 28, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  14. DesignBytes

DesignBytes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Kindly check my updated entries in PM, sent you there, hope your clients like them
    lemme know if you need any changes

Regards,
    CB

DesignBytes, Jul 28, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  15. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi julian ... :D
    here are my entries, feedback appreciated.
    thanks.

[​IMG]

watari, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  16. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

[​IMG]

watari, Jul 28, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  17. sheepies

sheepies Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Heres my Entry...I could make the words more circular later if u want...

[​IMG]

sheepies, Jul 28, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  18. lunamaya

lunamaya Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

lunamaya, Jul 28, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow guys. Some really great entries here. It annoys me a little because I won't be the one choosing the design so I can only give you MY feedback. It's some other dudes who will pick the winner.
    Nevertheless, as with my previous contests I will let you know what I think:

matchstick: thanks for the entry. It looks clean and professional. The word Betania is mispelled. I know Bethania is how it's maybe pronounced in English but these guys want to stick to their own name which is Betania. I am not an expert on Christian symbols but I think the dove should be white as opposed to red. I will run it past the guys and will let you know.

turns: good to see you again. Unfortunately I can't see your image except as a thumbnail which is hard to judge. Once I click to view a larger image it says there's an error.

itrungs: looks good but perhaps the black background which I understand may not be part of the logo doesn't do it justice. I also feel the actual logo is a little scetchy and may have to be improved. I am not asking for changes, I am only providing feedback.

cb: sorry mate. I've been a little busy today. I bought a new computer desk which I need to assemble and really frustrated me. Since your entry was via pm, I will reply via pm.

watari: good to see you again and thanks for entering this. Both entries look good but perhaps a little scetchy. I am sure that you can stylise them some more if the guys like your concepts. The one with the circle may be just a touch too busy because of the horizontal lines.

sheepies: thanks for the submission. Although it's a great concept I feel the execution is a little poor. The colours somehow don't seem to match because of the purple church. The church itself is a little plain. While having an image of a church is a great idea the downside is the guys who want the logo may not like it because it doesn't look like their building. I am knocking your idea, I am just letting you know my thoughts.

lunamaya: very pleasant entries. The dove looks great. It's not my decision to make and it bugs me to say what I think while the guys who will choose it may have totally different ideas. Perhaps the only suggestion would have been for a slightly more vibrant colour though I don't have one in mind. I really like the dove. Great work.

If I missed anyone please let me know and I will come back with the reply. I have told you what I think but I hope in the next 2-3 days to let you know what the actual buyers think. This means the contest is till open to new entries. Once again, thanks to everyone who entered this. great work.

proteindude, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  20. the_indian

the_indian Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    logo proposal

[​IMG]

feedback most welcome

the_indian, Jul 28, 2008 IP