1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $70 "Brand" Logo Design Contest - Guaranteed Winner!

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by pxgfx, Jun 17, 2020.

Hi DP Artists!!

We are in need of a very ICONIC coffee brand logo with a graphic design element along with the text:

K@P3 SIL@NG@N (does not have to be ALL CAPS, this is the brand name)

or

K@P3SIL@NG@N.PH (does not have to be ALL CAPS, this is the website domain)

Where @ = A and 3 = E (trying to avoid search engine / goog indexing here)

K@P3 -- literally means / is the Filipino (Tagalog) word for "COFFEE"
    SIL@NG@N -- literally means / is the Filipino (Tagalog) word for "EAST"
    .PH = PHILIPPINES

Philippines is in the EAST of the globe (South East, Asia), hence the brand name.

The business is about "all things coffee". We will be working closely with local farmers in the Philippines to help them get the most out of their small coffee farm/backyard produce.

Coffee is enjoyed by millions of people around the globe and is such a huge industry, and yet coffee farmers don't get the compensation that they truly deserve. Most of them live under the poverty line!

Requirements: (I borrowed these ideas from contest holder Techs4Less)

- Logo must not be more than 4-5 colors
    - Logo must not be too detailed so its hard to get printed/stitched

Optional: REQUIRED NOW!
    - You "can" use elements of patriotism (e.g. The Philippine Flag)

SOME PH REFERENCES to give you ideas:

Philippines is also known as "Pearl of the East" / "Perlas ng Silanganan" / "Perlas ng Silangan"

Look up the flag of the Philippines for any patriotic references

"3 stars and a sun" is a famous phrase that is used to refer to (or describe) the Philippine flag

"Juan" AKA "Juan dela Cruz" is another Filipino reference / design inspiration you can use

Try googling "PINOY JUAN" / "FILIPINO JUAN" / etc.

WIKIPEDIA QUOTE: Juan dela Cruz is the national personification of the Philippines, often used to represent the "Filipino everyman." He is usually depicted wearing the native salakot hat, Barong Tagalog, long pants, and tsinelas (local term for the popular flipflops)."

You can pretty much use any Filipino cultural references .....

----------------------------
    ----------------------------

The final decision makers / owners are very picky and we'll probably have to increase the budget if we really can't get the brand logo that we envisioned to have.

Nonetheless, I guarantee that there will be a WINNER.

I'll be more than happy to provide timely feedback as well.

WINNER gets paid $50 $70 paypal.

We will give consolations as well.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your hard work in advance!!

May the best of the best wins!! And so this contest begins (pun intended) ...

EDIT#1

WE ARE NOW LEANING TOWARD DESIGNS with elements of patriotism ...

Please include Philippine references in your submissions ...

EDIT#2

Another Filipino/Philippine reference that we are looking to possibly incorporate in the design is the baybayin (alibata) writing system ... please google this

EDIT#3

SARIMANOK is another Filipino cultural reference you can use ... https://www.google.com/search?q=sar...XDA4gKHWtSDJYQ_AUoAXoECBgQAw&biw=1366&bih=625

EDIT#4

SAMPLE LOGOS WE KIND OF LIKE (Please don't limit yourself with these samples tho)

SAMPLE with BAYBAYIN / ALIBATA:

[​IMG]

SAMPLE with SARIMANOK FIGHTING ROOSTER facing EAST (SIL@NG@N)

[​IMG]

SAMPLE with Philippine flag reference

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (PLEASE READ) -- JUNE 21st, SUNDAY

Hi ALL,

I hope everyone is having a great day!! We have an important announcement to make ...

PLEASE READ ON:

We are upping the WINNER prize by $20. The winner is going to get paid $70 (USD).

3 more designers are going to get paid $10 each provided that they are also willing to 100% give us the files of all their entries (with full rights / ownership) ...

This means that only 4 designers are going to benefit from this contest.

We believe that we haven't attracted enough designers to join and so we decided to keep this open for 12 more days (until the 3rd of JULY only!!) to allow others that still have their hands full on other contests they joined before seeing ours. THIS IS GOING TO BE THE FIRST AND LAST EXTENSION.

This decision has nothing to do with the existing entries we've received so far. As a matter of fact, with each new entry it becomes harder to choose ............. but we're not complaining, that's a really good problem ... It just so happen that we are not in a hurry and we just want to see more.

If there would be another reason, it is so that you wouldn't feel like we are milking as much as we can from you for a measly 50. I used to be a graphic designer myself and I know that it's not fair to ask for more without paying more ...........

Just to reiterate ... Again, this is going to be the first and last extension!

TL;DR;

The contest is extended / going to remain open until July 3rd (12 days).

Total budget is increased from $50 to $100.

$70 to the winner.

$10 each to 3 more designers / runners-up.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    pxgfx, Jun 17, 2020 IP
  2. Athisa

Athisa Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1l.png

Athisa, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  3. pxgfx

pxgfx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Athisa Thank you so much, but it's not really what we're looking for.

EDIT#1

WE ARE NOW LEANING TOWARD DESIGNS with elements of patriotism ...

Please include Philippine references in your submissions ...

EDIT#2

Another Filipino/Philippine reference that we are looking to possibly incorporate in the design is the baybayin (alibata) writing system ... please google this

--------------
    --------------

FOR THOSE who already started working on their entry without any PH patriotic references, it's okay ... a great design is a great design ... we would still consider it ... if you can tweak it a bit to have just a tiny bit of Filipino cultural reference in there would be great..

Just please include Philippine references / elements of patriotism in your future submissions ...

EDIT#3

SARIMANOK is another Filipino cultural reference you can use ... https://www.google.com/search?q=sar...XDA4gKHWtSDJYQ_AUoAXoECBgQAw&biw=1366&bih=625

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    pxgfx, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  4. johnrossgd

johnrossgd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    try :)

kape-silangan.png

johnrossgd, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  5. Ihrwell Yurtas

Ihrwell Yurtas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    upload_2020-6-18_21-44-3.png

Ihrwell Yurtas, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  6. pxgfx

pxgfx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @johnrossgd Thank you for participating ... can you try to tweak the bot left one. Something about it looks cool to me, but is not cohesive enough. They particularly didn't like the other two.

@Ihrwell Yurtas Thanks for participating ... I personally liked the colors that you chose!! ... and one of us liked your take ... but I'd say that it's not there yet. If you can still come up with variations of it or try a completely new idea would be great. Again, the color palette you went with is what stood out the most for me. Also, you may remove "PILIPINAS". The cultural references you used are recognizable enough in the context, so it's kind of redundant.

GUYS, please don't hesitate to try new ideas. We are willing to give out consolation prizes to at least 2 to 3 participants.

Also please note that the text can be just the brand name or the website with the .ph at the end ...

Thank you again!! Please re-read the first post for more information and ideas ...

We will be selecting a winner on Sunday, the 21st.

pxgfx, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  7. johnrossgd

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    salamat po :)

kape-silangan_2_.png

johnrossgd, Jun 19, 2020 IP
  8. Athisa

Athisa Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1l2.png

Athisa, Jun 19, 2020 IP
  9. Mark Lancaster

Mark Lancaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Kape Silangan-01.jpg

Mark Lancaster, Jun 19, 2020 IP
    pxgfx likes this.
  10. Papacita

Papacita Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    20200619_201232.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Papacita, Jun 19, 2020 IP
  11. pxgfx

pxgfx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @johnrossgd Salamat din!! (Thank you as well!!)

Among the 3, we like the first one (on the left) the most ...

I think the 2nd one is the most cohesive among the 3, but it's not going to work without the sun (the sun alone is okay ... cos the sun / stars all rise in the "east"), but 3 stars without the sun is incomplete (as that is already referring to the Philippine flag) ...

I like the 3rd option a lot too ... but it's very reminiscent of the logo of K@P3 K@LS@D@ ...

[​IMG]

We definitely want to see more entries from you (should you decide to submit more) ...

@Athisa Thank you ... but no text logo, please ...

@Mark Lancaster

We like that a lot!! ... but there's a couple of things that need to be changed to make the cultural reference clearer/correct ... First, please make the chicken face the EAST. Second, the chicken has to have a rooster comb ... Actually, it has to clearly resemble a fighting rooster if not the sarimanok legendary mythological bird... Both cock fighting (a blood sport between two cocks/gamecocks/fighting roosters held in a ring called a cockpit) and the sarimanok are valid Filipino cultural references ... I actually didn't really realize that this is not a SARIMANOK, but a fighting rooster:

[​IMG]

Can you also try to tweak the sun / sun rays / sun shape ... the 3 mini rays that make up a full ray are a bit too far apart ..... not saying we don't like it, we just want to see variations ...

Yours I would say is the most cohesive for me among all the entries we received so far ...

Thank you ...

@Papacita Sorry, we would like to stay away from being very similar to K@P3 K@LS@D@'s logo design ... You may try a different idea ... Thank you ......

-----------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------

I thought I would post this review here as well for the benefit of those who would like to try out the FILIPINO JUAN theme ...

Participant S********** (anonymous) -- entry sent via PM

You're the only who has tried the JUAN theme ... and we really liked it ... but there's a problem ... I'm not sure how to explain this to a non-Filipino, but this is definitely not "the" Filipino JUAN ... It's definitely Asian, but not Filipino ... We're thinking ........... this is definitely Chinese ...

Filipinos don't have the slanted eyes as one might think of Asians, and we don't use chopsticks ... Our influences came from Spain and America ... Philippines was colonized by Spain for over 300 years and America for many many years as well before becoming an independent republic ...

It would be great if you could still continue with this theme (JUAN), but please don't hesitate to try out new ideas ...

---------------------------
    ---------------------------

@ ALL

There's still plenty of time ... please let me know if anyone is still interested to submit an entry ... Else, we will be selecting a winner TOMORROW, the 21st.

No one has tried using the website domain yet (K@P3SIL@NG@N.PH) ......

Please don't hesitate to try new ideas. We are willing to give (scratch that) We are giving out consolation prizes to at least 2 to 3 participants!

Again, please note that the text can be just the brand name or the website domain with the .ph at the end ...

Thank you again!! Please re-read the first post for more information and ideas ...

pxgfx, Jun 19, 2020 IP
  12. johnrossgd

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

here's another try :)

kape-silangan_2_223.png

johnrossgd, Jun 19, 2020 IP
    pxgfx likes this.
  13. technoguy

technoguy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my entry
    [​IMG]

Anything let me know
    Feedback Appreciated

technoguy, Jun 20, 2020 IP
    pxgfx likes this.
  14. Papacita

Papacita Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    20200620_090334.jpg

Papacita, Jun 20, 2020 IP
    pxgfx likes this.
  15. Mark Lancaster

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I will send the revised version later today.

Mark Lancaster, Jun 20, 2020 IP
    pxgfx likes this.
  16. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

getdomain4u, Jun 20, 2020 IP
    pxgfx likes this.
  17. Ihrwell Yurtas

Ihrwell Yurtas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    upload_2020-6-20_20-7-56.png

Ihrwell Yurtas, Jun 20, 2020 IP
    pxgfx likes this.
  18. Mark Lancaster

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My revised entry.
    Kape Silangan-02.jpg

Mark Lancaster, Jun 20, 2020 IP
    pxgfx likes this.
  19. pxgfx

pxgfx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (PLEASE READ)

Hi ALL,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! We have an important announcement to make ...

PLEASE READ ON:

We are upping the WINNER prize by $20. The winner is going to get paid $70 (USD).

3 more designers are going to get paid $10 each provided that they are also willing to 100% give us the files of all their entries (with full rights / ownership) ...

This means that only 4 designers are going to benefit from this contest.

We believe that we haven't attracted enough designers to join and so we decided to keep this open for 12 more days (until the 3rd of JULY only!!) to allow others that still have their hands full on other contests they joined before seeing ours. THIS IS GOING TO BE THE FIRST AND LAST EXTENSION.

This decision has nothing to do with the existing entries we've received so far. As a matter of fact, with each new entry it becomes harder to choose ............. but we're not complaining, that's a really good problem ... It just so happen that we are not in a hurry and we just want to see more.

If there would be another reason, it is so that you wouldn't feel like we are milking as much as we can from you for a measly 50. I used to be a graphic designer myself and I know that it's not fair to ask for more without paying more ...........

Just to reiterate ... Again, this is going to be the first and last extension!

TL;DR;

The contest is extended / going to remain open until July 3rd (12 days).

Total budget is increased from $50 to $100.

$70 to the winner.

$10 each to 3 more designers / runners-up.

----------------------
    ----------------------

I'm submitting new entries today ... the reviews will be a little late but they're coming, pls bear with me ...

pxgfx, Jun 20, 2020 IP
    johnrossgd likes this.
  20. HShinan

HShinan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here goes my entry:
    kapesilangd.png

HShinan, Jun 20, 2020 IP