1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Ways to Increase Online Sales with Offline Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sek475, Jul 24, 2010.

Marketing activities such as SEO, SEM, e-mail marketing, and social media marketing are not the only ways to drive quality traffic to your Web site. As a Web site owner or marketer, you can generate online sales with an offline marketing strategy. Cold calling, direct mail, promotional products, flyer distribution, and door hanger distribution are useful offline tools for creating online results.

1. Cold Calling

Cold calling is one of the best ways to increase revenue and brand awareness. Purchase or rent a list of names and phone numbers from a company such as SalesGenie.com or GoLeads.com. Before contacting prospects, however, write a script or outline to follow during your conversation with the prospect. Be sure to include a USP (unique selling proposition) in your sales pitch. More important, don’t forget to mention your Web site (e.g., “This is Bob from www.XYZCompany.com).

Read full article at http://marketegrity.blogspot.com/2010/07/5-ways-to-increase-online-sales-with.html

sek475, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  2. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    Cold calling esp phone calls are the quickest way to turn many against you.

vagrant, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  3. wholesalechecklist

wholesalechecklist Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with that. If you are providing something with substantial value to your customer -- and I mean something they NEED, will significantly increase their sales, significantly decrease their effort and workload, or substantially make their lives easier -- then cold-calling may be the best way to reach out to them. If you do have this special product or service that they need, then all you have to do is call them up and be very personable and nice. Listen to what they have to say. Yes, have a script, but don't read word for word. Just say what you need to say and listen to their responses, concerns and questions.

TIP: Many people like standing up and walking around while making cold-calls because it makes them sound much more personable and less like a robot.

wholesalechecklist, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  4. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Calling random people about your product will cause most to hang up on you. Its like telemarketers. Most people don't have time to listen to a sales pitch on the phone, it would be better to go door to door and do it.

zurpit.com, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  5. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

In my own experiences, if funds permitted, TV and newspaper advertising would still be the best for offline promotion purpose.

all the best,

AirForce1, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  6. darni

darni Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips, but I think that cold calling is not for me because I'm a introverted person.

darni, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  7. Steve Baker

Steve Baker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make your cold call a part of a multi touch process. First send out a butt kicking sales letter with an offer and mention that you will call them in a few days to follow up (this gives you permission to call). Send a second short letter out following up the first, then phone them up, ask what their problems are with whatever you want to sell them and make an appointment to see them.

Then send out a questionaire for them to fill in and send back, then go and see them.

This way is much more leveraged than just walking in off the street and gets you talking to warm prospects.

Steve

Steve Baker, Jul 26, 2010 IP