1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Super-Easy Ways You Can Build Links in the Next 30 Minutes

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by AndresS, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Article Marketing - An Oldie but Goodie

This is a traditional method of building links. It still works for getting instant traffic and building links.

Don’t blast your articles to hundreds of sites unless you’re at least submitting readable spun articles (remember, automatic spinning completely sucks - any program that does spinning automatically for you is going to churn out garbage articles). Instead, submit to the top 10 or top 20 article sites. These include:

1. Ezinearticles
    2. GoArticles
    3. Articledashboard
    4. Amazines
    5. Articlesalley

• Time spent writing a 300 word article: 20 minutes.
    • Time spent submitting the article: 10 minutes.
    • Backlinks gained: 5-10.
    2. Share Articles on Web 2.0 Hub Sites Like Squidoo, Hubpages, Zimbio, Xanga, and Others.

This is the latest trend in web 2.0 link building. Getting your article on powerful sites like Squidoo and Hubpages can do wonders for your linking. I think in the future these kinds of sites might just take over article directories. When you post an article feel free to include 3-5 in-content links within the body of the article - but not too many because it might seem spammy.

My favorites are:
    1. Squidoo
    2. Hubpages
    3. Zimbio
    4. Xanga
    5. Wetpaint
    6. Wikispaces
    7. and Gather.

• Time spent writing a 300 word article: 20 minutes.
    • Time spent submitting the article: 10 minutes.
    • Backlinks gained: 10-20.
    3. Do-Follow Social Bookmarking.

This is a really easy way of building links that anyone can do. Social bookmarking is just like public bookmarking - submit your deep link URL, title, and a small description and the site displays your link for everyone (including the Google robot to see).

WARNING
    Make sure you’re actually getting link juice from your social bookmarkings! Only submit to social bookmark sites that are dofollow and don’t use any kind of redirects to rob you of that beloved backlink.

The best do-follow social bookmarking sites include:

1. Mister-wong
    2. Backflip
    3. Spurl
    4. Linkagogo
    5. Mylinkvault
    6. Spotback

Find the top 20 do-follow social bookmarking sites here.

• Time spent submitting links: 30 minutes.
    • Backlinks gained: 10-20.

4. Deep link and niche directory directory submissions.

These days I don’t really like massively submitting my homepage link to general directories spread out all across the web. Most directories are completely worthless, and those that aren’t want you to pay for inclusion or at least give them a reciprocal link (which pretty much defeats the purpose of trying to get a one-way backlink in the first place).

Instead of general directories, opt for deep link directories or niche directories. Let’s look at the benefits of each one.

With deep link directories you can alternate URLs, titles, and descriptions. This is going to make your backlinks look more natural because you aren’t submitting the same URL with the same titles and descriptions to a bunch of directories across the web.

Get 10 deep link URLs you want to promote and come up with unique titles, descriptions, and keywords for each one. Pay someone or spend some time submitting these to a couple hundred deep link directories. This is really going to spread the link love across many pages within your site (which is more natural), instead of just the homepage like a traditional directory would.

I also like niche directories too because of the relevant link that they offer. Take for example two directories which have the same link power, but one is a health directory and another is a general directory. If I have a health site then getting a link from the health directory is going to benefit my site much mofe than the general directory, simply because of the relevance. Google loves relevant links.

Check out this list of deep link directories as well as this list of niche directories.

• Time spent submitting links: 30 minutes.
    • Backlinks gained: 10-15.

5. Press release writing and submission.

Press releases are in high demand by webmasters who not only want to get free backlinks from press release sites, but who also want to try to create a media buzz with their sites. If you have something that you think might be newsworthy, take the time out to write and submit a press release. If you can’t do this yourself there are services out there that will do this at various costs - from affordable to enormously expensive.

The nice thing about press releases is that Google news will most likely pick up your press release if you syndicate it to enough places. What’s a link from Google News worth? I’m not sure, but I’m certain it can’t hurt!

Here you can find a list of free press release distrubution sites you can submit your press releases to.

• Time spent writing a 300 word press release: 20 minutes.
    • Time spent submitting your press release: 10 minutes.
    • Backlinks gained: 5-10 + Google News syndication.

AndresS, Nov 27, 2008 IP
    SEOTherapy, dmi and akdiver like this.
  2. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A great read! Rep added.

dmi, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    in a recent live chat sesson with webmasters, Matt Cutts and Maile Ohye said that article directory links are gonna be devalued due to increased number of junk article sites and duplicate content.

source

sultanofseo, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  4. akdiver

akdiver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very Very nice post. Much appreciated. Some usual advice I have not actually heard before. Rep Added as well

akdiver, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  5. rarebiz

rarebiz Member

Best Answers:
    6. send me unique 200 words post with your link, and i'll put it up in my do-follow pr3-4 blog permanently. time spent: less than 10 minutes.
    just drop a PM :)

rarebiz, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  6. suganindia

suganindia Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot for your ideas

lol i cant stumble pages in dp

suganindia, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  7. mr moro

mr moro Member

Best Answers:
    great post
    thanks

mr moro, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  8. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your effort to share your link-building tips here AndresS. My personal favourite and the one that I use the most would be your first and fifth strategies.

SEOTherapy, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  9. AndresS

AndresS Banned

Best Answers:

Actually I believe Matt Cutts is referring to the webmasters who submit their link to hundreds of article directories, as he says "not every article directory is high quality". I only suggest submitting to a handful of high quality article sites like:
    1. Ezinearticles
    2. GoArticles
    3. Articledashboard
    4. Amazines
    5. Articlesalley

AndresS, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  10. Just As New

Just As New Guest

Best Answers:
    Great info. Exactly what I needed as I'm just about to start link building, it's really handy to have quite a few stratergies in one place.
    Nice one!

Just As New, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  11. coated

coated Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a lot of valuable information here, thank you for taking the time to write this tutorial.

coated, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  12. doubler

doubler Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've picked up some ideas through this post, thank you very much dude for sharing this great update with us.

Thank you!

doubler, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  13. michelleBCN

michelleBCN Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tutorial but "Time spent writing a 300 word article: 20 minutes."? That's a very short amount of time to write something original and well-informed, isn't it?

michelleBCN, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  14. Buckyuk

Buckyuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have added my site to bookmarks in mister wong over a week ago, but it does not show up anywhere when i am checking my backlinks.
    Is this normal?

Buckyuk, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  15. AndresS

AndresS Banned

Best Answers:
    I can write a 500 word article in around 30 minutes. I suppose it depends on how much experience you have with the topic. If its something you're doing for your website you really should have some kind of experience with the niche already.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they update Google webmaster tools that often?

AndresS, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  16. crispycheesy

crispycheesy Guest

Best Answers:
    This is a very good read except that I'm still unsure about the public-release method. Frankly, I just don't get it and I wouldn't paying a small amount of fee if anyone who can run an effective PR campaign for my sites.

crispycheesy, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  17. sandeepdude

sandeepdude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice technique....
    thanks for sharing it here...

sandeepdude, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  18. discuss4u

discuss4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think most of of know all these. But not all people will take the time to do that.

Thanks for sharing such a good piece.

discuss4u, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  19. earn-2.com

earn-2.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly right,All webmasters and net savvy have Laziness.

earn-2.com, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  20. Mitch900

Mitch900 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't submitting to 5 different article places mean 5 cases of duplicate content? Seems that one would be a better option, no?

Mitch900, Nov 28, 2008 IP