1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Powerful Ways To Send Traffic To Your eCommerce Website

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Murlu, May 7, 2010.

Hey all, quick introduction of myself:

I work as a webmaster for a successful eCommerce website and luckily I'm given enough freedom to work on new traffic generation strategies for our website. I figured there may be a lot of you in the same boat and would like to share some of the things I do.

1. Create A Youtube Video and Advertising

Youtube is one of the most highly used search engines on the web today. You heard me right, there are more people using Youtube than Google on some days. These people looking for videos are highly relevant traffic if you know what they're looking for.

For your eCommerce site, many of your products and services can be converted into an information video (think How-to). Recording a video takes less than an hour, I suggest telling a little bit about your product and how to use it.

Including a call to action within your video to click on the link included in your description will help send traffic to your website. But this is where it gets heavy, you can advertise on your videos for mere pennies compared to Adwords. Youtube uses different pricing which allows you to place a clickable ad within your video to drive highly relevant traffic to your product pages.

2. Article Marketing and Outsourcing

We've all heard the debate about wither or not article marketing really works. Well, I can say from experience it's a great benefit to our company. The thing that many business do wrong with article marketing is not creating worthwhile content.

Just like the videos, you can easily create an instructional guide, overview or summary of your individual products and submit them to article directories such as eZineArticles. Be sure to include a link in your byline to send traffic to your website.

And of course, here's where you can really step up your game. Visit websites like eLance and Freelancer to outsource your articles. You can buy articles for $1 - $5 a piece. The backlink, additional call to action and exposure will send additional traffic to your website.

3. Facebook Fan Pages and Advertising

Facebook is an amazing platform to engage customers and prospects. Facebook is used by hundreds of millions of people each day, it's one website people spend the most time on.

If you've noticed, fan pages are a great way to build a community around your brand and business. On the fan page, people can share their experience with your company and gain additional information you may not have room for on your website.

The power comes in with advertising. Facebook allows you to drill down your advertising to the most minute detail, you can target people based on specific interests filled out in profiles. Advertising at this level of relevance sends hot buyers to your website - Facebook ads are dirt cheap as well too!

4. Install A Blog and Command Your Niche

It's one thing to offer a product within your business niche, it's another to continually offer killer content to your visitors. Blogging helps add additional links throughout the search engines for minimal setup costs.

Where you may not be able to touch on subjects on your individual product pages, you can create great content centered around each product, how-to's, interviews and more. Blogging allows you to build credibility and authority within your market.

Blogging also gives you to opportunity for visitors to subscribe and join your sales funnel.

5. Email Drops and Newsletters

If you aren't utilizing your customer contacts, you're missing out on a great opportunity to increase sales. Although you may not personally care for eCommerce newsletters, many do. Using your newsletter in tandem with telling about your blog, videos, articles and more will give a great experience to your customers.

Email drops are great when you have a new promotion. You can easily send out emails using services like Aweber to contact large amounts of your customer list.

Whenever you update pricing or add an additional product, take this opportunity to contact your previous customers to gain a nice spike in sales.

I hope you found this post helpful. At the moment we try to implement each of these tactics at least once a week.

By far the best advice I can give you is go with video. One of our instructional videos has over 100,000 views on Youtube now and is placed second for the keyword.

Over and out.

Murlu, May 7, 2010 IP
    duperhost likes this.
  2. b2cmother

b2cmother Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank mate,
    that's fantastic work for promotion the stores,
    I know some guys really good at..

b2cmother, May 9, 2010 IP
  3. CarlDia

CarlDia Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for taking the time to do this write-up. A multi-prong attack to driving traffic is almost always better than a one dimensional one. What is often forgotten, however, is to optimize the website for conversion. It may not sound like much, but moving the needle from a 1% conversion rate to a 1.3% rate is a 30% increase in sales without additional overhead.

CarlDia, May 9, 2010 IP
  4. Murlu

Murlu Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely CarlDia. Rigorous split testing and testing new methods are key when it comes to eCommerce. As you said, just the .3% increase in sales can lead to hundreds of thousands (millions) for many companies.

From there, just tweak tweak tweak.

Murlu, May 10, 2010 IP
  5. jond

jond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the ideas. I never thought of video for my ecommerce site.

jond, May 11, 2010 IP
  6. listen_dot_pk

listen_dot_pk Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank dear friend,
    that's fantastic ......

listen_dot_pk, May 14, 2010 IP
  7. Kevin.Douglas

Kevin.Douglas Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips and advice Murlu. Implementing these methods will most certainly build traffic. Thanks for sharing!

Kevin.Douglas, May 14, 2010 IP
  8. joshua_

joshua_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Great read! I appreciate you writing this :)

joshua_, May 14, 2010 IP
  9. duperhost

duperhost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great topic, great writing, this been good reading ;)

duperhost, May 15, 2010 IP
  10. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for tips and nice ideas.

clbyodo, May 16, 2010 IP
  11. koolkev

koolkev Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting lots of links pointing to your site so you can be number 1 or 2.

koolkev, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  12. dapurpixel

dapurpixel Peon

Best Answers:
    thank a lot. its gave me a new idea and make me to rethink about my niche in yourtube.

dapurpixel, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  13. Single

Single Peon

Best Answers:
    so so nice share.. thank to post in here.. Good job

Single, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  14. Murlu

Murlu Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for all the kind comments, I hope you've found success in these methods :)

Murlu, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  15. chelwi

chelwi Peon

Best Answers:
    We already do most of these things for our site, but we just recently got into video and it really does seem to be helping. We included links in the video description on YouTube and have already seen sales on some of those products.

chelwi, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  16. Bell4306

Bell4306 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great article! Well Done :)

It Definetly Will Come In Handy for me

Bell4306, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  17. izzy_desain

izzy_desain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    anyone can tell me why youtube can make more trafic in our ecommerce website? Thanks

izzy_desain, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  18. Murlu

Murlu Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad everyone enjoyed the article; just checking back in now - hope you all have tested out a few of these for your own online campaigns :)

Murlu, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  19. aliaslam

aliaslam Peon

Best Answers:
    thx for the infos!

aliaslam, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  20. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good tips to promote.

anhbloginc, Mar 28, 2011 IP